[WIP] Aerojet Kerbodyne (Released Service Module Pack)

Update:

A close up of HG-10B (I really like this engine) Flexible Engine. :D

https://i.imgur.com/22AxvoZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/I6Mr3fV.png

That's the XSM right there.

It can be used... well, as XSM and as an Alternate Service Module.

https://i.imgur.com/qGNSrOb.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/7GLmr7x.png

Decided I'd put RCS with the lower tank, upper one would be LFO.

I'd do the fairings, do a little fiddly widdly with cfgs and I might be done if I haven't forgotten something. For the Service Pack at least.

Edit: The modular tanks are 1.84 and 2.5m in size, they can be used normally, they get covered in the right node placement and again, I'll say this, it is VERY challenging to place them. Unless you use it for other purposes other than XSM

Wallpaper Reference: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Orion_Service_Module.jpg

Looks good :D from my own design opinions i would reccomend removing the red (or at the least turning it into a darker pastel red) and to change the tank texture from orange to a gold foil texture or the similar, but to me the tanks just look "too colorful" and bright :) otherwise great work!

Not if he's talking about a nozzle extension deployment animation. I know that the Kosmos pack had that nailed down. I used that engine all the time. :D

What might the name of that engine be? I use Kosmos too. :D

Looks good :D from my own design opinions i would reccomend removing the red (or at the least turning it into a darker pastel red) and to change the tank texture from orange to a gold foil texture or the similar, but to me the tanks just look "too colorful" and bright :) otherwise great work!

Welp, they are easily changed, just want to express that it's Kerbodyne's design. Meanwhile, the top of the Engine cluster of Kerbodyne has gray tank color, might use that instead. :)

Edit: I would like to say thanks to those who support me, those are great motivation!

Edited by blackheart612

What might the name of that engine be? I use Kosmos too. :D

Welp, they are easily changed, just want to express that it's Kerbodyne's design. Meanwhile, the top of the Engine cluster of Kerbodyne has gray tank color, might use that instead. :)

Edit: I would like to say thanks to those who support me, those are great motivation!

Of course man! :D and grey sounds like a good idea :) hey if you ever need a tester just give me a PM and i'll be there to help :cool:

Just wanted to say how I fail so much, it's 1.50m, not 1.84, I had the wrong measurement all this time but still correct in game. XDD

It's 1.84. Im noob.

Sure DasBananenbrot! :P You who always support me, no problem :D

Edited by blackheart612

Just wanted to say how I fail so much, it's 1.50m, not 1.84, I had the wrong measurement all this time but still correct in game. XDD

It's 1.84. Im noob.

Well, you know "Errare humanum est" (It is human to make mistake for those who can't translate it haha) so don't bother too much about that :D

Sure DasBananenbrot! :P You who always support me, no problem :D

Yep. I am almost your Nr. 1 fan :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Well, you know "Errare humanum est" (It is human to make mistake for those who can't translate it haha) so don't bother too much about that :D

Yep. I am almost your Nr. 1 fan :D

I'll say it's good to have one :D

Models and textures nearly finished. All that's left is that part that covers the XSM going to 3.75m or straight 2.5m.

aknIxax.pngbenvD3W.png

Edit: I have no idea how to make those 3 fairings be able to get symmetry though...

Edit Two: Changed tank colors

QMxjKPR.png

Edited by blackheart612

Models and textures nearly finished. All that's left is that part that covers the XSM going to 3.75m or straight 2.5m.

https://i.imgur.com/aknIxax.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/benvD3W.png

Edit: I have no idea how to make those 3 fairings be able to get symmetry though...

https://i.imgur.com/QMxjKPR.png

Looks great :D in the SLS photo is the fairing going from 3.75m to 2.5m a procedural fairing? And if so, is that what you plan on making still? :cool:

Looks great :D in the SLS photo is the fairing going from 3.75m to 2.5m a procedural fairing? And if so, is that what you plan on making still? :cool:

Yep, well, I could advertise my textures to reduce part count. Muhahahaha. Cause I'll be making 2.5m and 3.75m cover for the XSM. Also, yep, it is PFairing. Working on some configs now actually, maybe also waiting for either two who I asked help with to finish so I can mix and match. :)

Dibs on the #2 fan spot. Unless someone else REALLY wants it, in which case I can do with the #3 fan spot. But not lower than that :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Dibs on the #2 fan spot. Unless someone else REALLY wants it, in which case I can do with the #3 fan spot. But not lower than that :mad:

QMxjKPR.png

I know I'm going to sound like an ungrateful pain, but would you be open to reducing the strength of that red color at the bottom of the tank right before the engine? Maybe to the same color as the thin red stripe on the upper part of the tank? The color of the tank bottom just seems very glaring as it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, I really do appreciate how much work goes into making and texturing these models; and your work so far is awesome. I just wanted to give you an outside opinion on it. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you wrote the same thing twice ? :confused:

Are you making them as fairings (like KW's) or as an automatic decoupler fairing like engines?

If the former, then you add three connect nodes spaced equally around the object, set stackSymmetry=2, and make your fairing piece be a 120 degree section.

Also, dibs on #some_low_number fan :)

- - - Updated - - -

Fan sounds not so good. Friends would be better. :D

I know I'm going to sound like an ungrateful pain, but would you be open to reducing the strength of that red color at the bottom of the tank right before the engine? Maybe to the same color as the thin red stripe on the upper part of the tank? The color of the tank bottom just seems very glaring as it is. Please don't take this the wrong way, I really do appreciate how much work goes into making and texturing these models; and your work so far is awesome. I just wanted to give you an outside opinion on it. :D

Srsly, you are the one who should not think of it the wrong way. Because that's totally fine and not a pain at all. Opinions are totally welcome! :) I'll change it as soon as I can, so don't worry

Are you making them as fairings (like KW's) or as an automatic decoupler fairing like engines?

If the former, then you add three connect nodes spaced equally around the object, set stackSymmetry=2, and make your fairing piece be a 120 degree section.

Also, dibs on #some_low_number fan :)

It's 3x symmetry @_@ The fairing around the service module

Edited by blackheart612

Fan sounds not so good. Friends would be better. :D

Srsly, you are the one who should not think of it the wrong way. Because that's totally fine and not a pain at all. Opinions are totally welcome! :) I'll change it as soon as I can, so don't worry

It's 3x symmetry @_@ The fairing around the service module

The large 3.75m fairings from the KW rocketry pack use 3x symmetry so studying those configs might help you out :D

Thanks for the great work you've done! Keep it cool :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.