"Real" Launcher Pack

I've been playing with the new parts, and decided that it would be a good idea to try and replicate real life launchers. I tried to replicate the concepts and mechanics only, not the looks because it's obviously not possible inside my ruleset (No clipping, for example). I bring the results to you in the shape of 100% stock sub-assemblies.

Angara 1.2

Payload to LKO: Up to 5000kg

Stages: 2

2xUfsRh.png

Angara 3

Payload to LKO: Up to 20000kg

Stages: 3 (counting boosters separation)

WEnkBwT.png

Angara 5

Payload to LKO: Up to 45000kg

7QrZQaR.png

Ares 1 - WARNING: REQUIRES

Ares SRB

Payload to LKO: Up to 27000kg

Stages: 2

dQSEGNj.png

SLS Block I

Payload to LKO: Up to 25000kg

Stages: 3 (counting boosters separation) (SRB, main column, second stage)

38fNaai.png

SLS - Pyrios

Payload to LKO: Up to 63000kg

Stages: 3 (counting boosters separation) (Pyrios, main column, second stage)

3I2vp9s.png

Soyuz

Payload to LKO: Up to 43000kg

PrK8kSB.png

Download link: http://www./download/asrkis4sesb4mw8/RealLauncherPack.rar

Instructions: Extract the "subassemblies" folder inside your "Saves/YourSaveName/" folder. Accept the merging.

Warning: Fairings are not included, they are just there for the picture. Subassemblies are 100% stock -EXCEPT FOR THE ARES- and were specifically "tamed" (Engines with tweaked thrust, fuel tanks with less fuel, etc) for named payload weight. Some may carry up to 5 tons more than what the thread says. Going below the named payload weight may cause rockets to be unstable (excessive TWR) or inefficient (way above terminal velocity on ascent). All rockets were tested under 100% stock conditions, 0 gameplay mods.

I tried to make Angara 7, it worked and it can carry up to 110t to orbit) but you have to clip parts and tame the engines a lot for a very specific payload weight so I ended up trashing it for being overly specific. Just take the Angara 5 boosters, add a level of symmetry and have endless hours of fun trying to tweak the entire thing and watching the boosters explode because they clip.

I like a lot, but why angle the boosters out? Cosine losses really add up.

I was trying to imitate the "curved" boosters the Soyuz has, I was between angling the nosecones leaving an ugly gap (or risking ugly clipping) or angle the entire thing. I went for the latter. It is true indeed that there are cosine losses, but the vehicle works like it real life counterpart and that's all I need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.