[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

I've never seen that before! We will look into it, but please be aware that we are trying to remove excess config data (hence no more specific TACLS config included), so it's not likely that we will provide specific Keepfit configs anytime soon.

Thank you for the response. I think KF actually have a code piece to add for different command modules. I will do that for my own personal use.

And just a slight offtopic - due to my own fault I almost killed 3 kerbals and almost blew up my entire minmus facility due to forgetting the fact that the LAS is using mono and not solid fuel. Doubletapping space was bad, but I saved the situation somehow.

Here's a wink about it :

nQKmr.jpg

EDIT: Hey, is there a way to drop the engine that would keep the engines retracted? It's not much, but it would make for a slightly better look, and dropping engines lets me survive until the issue is fixed (somehow) (or until forever).

Yep. In the part file, under the engine config, leave the first module alone (AnimatedEngine). Comment out everything below it, until Resource.

Seems like you forgot to nerf Quadroodle engine for Eve. atmosphereCurve in sources only has entries for "key = 0 360" and "key = 1 90". You should most probably add something like "key = 3 0.001".

Seems like you forgot to nerf Quadroodle engine for Eve. atmosphereCurve in sources only has entries for "key = 0 360" and "key = 1 90". You should most probably add something like "key = 3 0.001".

That sets a curve, with only two keys, it serves as a straight line, which is how we intended for it to be set.

That sets a curve, with only two keys, it serves as a straight line, which is how we intended for it to be set.

I seem to recall that a curve like that becomes horizontal after the last key instead of continuing to follow the slope of the defined segment, so the Quadroodle will continue to provide 90 seconds Isp at any pressure greater than 1 atmosphere.

If that's the intended behavior, fine. If it's supposed to continue decreasing along the same straight line at pressures greater than 1 atm, I think you'll need to define another point to make that happen.

I'm afraid it does not (notice that your own RS-2 nuclear engine has key = 2 0.001 set, just like stock LV-N, whereas stock Poodle has key = 3 0.001). All engines are at full throttle, also notice the thrust.

JSeUCIv.png

I'm afraid it does not (notice that your own RS-2 nuclear engine has key = 2 0.001 set, just like stock LV-N, whereas stock Poodle has key = 3 0.001). All engines are at full throttle, also notice the thrust.

Oops. I guess that could explain some of the issues we were having, even though when making the parts, I adapted the Squad parts to ensure balance. I will make sure this gets rectified in the next patch.

There's one issue with the capsule's heatshield. When added (I use DRE) in VAB, center of mass does not shift laterally, but during reentry it causes the craft to dangerously shift away from retrograde marker. It's permanent and seems to be random regarding the angle direction. Why is that?

There's one issue with the capsule's heatshield. When added (I use DRE) in VAB, center of mass does not shift laterally, but during reentry it causes the craft to dangerously shift away from retrograde marker. It's permanent and seems to be random regarding the angle direction. Why is that?

I noticed that weeks ago, they're probably waiting until 1.0.3 to fix it.

I think it existed in the earlier version, too. I've tested it for pretty brutal reentries and there weren't any problems, but it doesn't look right. Sometimes I think it might cause the parachute parts to burn up.

For some weird reason the command pod is invisible in my game. It might be conflicting with other mods tho (RO user here). If anyone encountered and fixed the problem- please share the solution with me.

Any idea on an update?

We are aiming on doing a(nother) balance patch very soon - once we figure out what some of the new 1.0.3 values are - and we're looking at a content patch to add in the last of the parts somewhere after that. Once that is done, our next major patch will be a full pass for efficiency - remapping and redoing textures and models to help lower polycounts and texture resolutions to help loading times.

We are aiming on doing a(nother) balance patch very soon - once we figure out what some of the new 1.0.3 values are - and we're looking at a content patch to add in the last of the parts somewhere after that. Once that is done, our next major patch will be a full pass for efficiency - remapping and redoing textures and models to help lower polycounts and texture resolutions to help loading times.

That's great to hear. I love your mod so much! Have you guys ever considered adding a "big gemini" style pod extension to give us an even larger capsule? Something that takes the Taurus HCV out to 5m?

Thanks for this update,

For Sciencelab

researchTime = 6.5

When i have try this setting in 1.02 i had the lab 10 times more slower than stock one, "researchTime" seems requires only integer number, idk if that is fixed in 1.04

Regards

Luca

hi guys, thank you for the update

I'm getting a couple of errors in the log file

[LOG 09:15:44.533] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'RSCapsuledyne/Parts/ScienceBay/part/TaurusScienceBay'

[ERR 09:15:44.546] Invalid integer value

[ERR 09:15:44.546] Invalid integer value

it's a clean 1.0.4 installation with the Remotetech and the Taurus HCV mods only

Hello

One litle advice for beter memory, game performance it will be a good idea to start convert most texture to DDS

Most easy way to do it is to use this, what work perfectly, single issue what it can be encounter is if texture have transparent thingy inside or when it came Normal special one:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter

I know it require some time & patience to test each one individual to be sure all is fine but you do it one time, i know i know i know is a option to select a full directory & convert like bundle but for safety is good to make it manually & check each texture result coz sometime weird thing happen :)

anyway thx for pack & just trie to use that for sure you will love it :)

cya around

Thanks for this update,

For Sciencelab

researchTime = 6.5

When i have try this setting in 1.02 i had the lab 10 times more slower than stock one, "researchTime" seems requires only integer number, idk if that is fixed in 1.04

Regards

Luca

Just released a hotfix (version 1.5.3) to fix this

All credit to jnrobinson and bsquiklehausen

I just downloaded the newer one but it still says 1.5.2 ? and changed out the textures to DDS from a older pack that, I done sometime back if something is wrong with the textures you can let me know and will try and fix it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/DDS/TaurusHCVr1.5.2_DDS.zip

License: Distributed under BY-SA 3.0

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/