[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

9 hours ago, bsquiklehausen said:

Everything except the escape rockets should work. We are going to update to @BahamutoD's 1.1 compatible Animaton Modules as soon as we get a chance to.

Ty, good to know. The Taurus has until now always been my favorite capsule mod!

On 21/4/2016 at 0:27 AM, bsquiklehausen said:

Everything except the escape rockets should work. 

The LES is cool, but i'm much concerned about the crew hatches and ladders. Bob really enjoyed his new fancy lab at first, but he went on EVA and now he's stuck outside.

Great mod, hope this will be fixed. (Bob too : his lab is on a Duna reentry trajectory, and Jeb cannot burn anything with him outside)

On 4/21/2016 at 6:27 PM, bsquiklehausen said:

Everything except the escape rockets should work. We are going to update to @BahamutoD's 1.1 compatible Animaton Modules as soon as we get a chance to.

There's also an issue with the science/cargo bay configuration (it needs a patch to work, see below), and I think the colliders on the insides of the bays are a little wonky as well -- KSP doesn't allow concave colliders anymore.

@PART[TaurusScienceBay]:FIRST
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		lookupCenter = 1.5,0,0
	}

+MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		@lookupCenter = -1.5,0,0
	}
}

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't know, bsquiklehausen does still visit the forums, but there has been no more activity here unfortunately.

I've been watching this tread for a month for any updates but unfortunately nothing happens. We can only hope work is being done in the background.

Not yet dead - just taking a bit of a break due to finals and now a vacation. I can't promise updates as soon as I get home - Squad's lack of communication over the past 3 weeks has really killed my desire to play and mod for KSP, and the impending Porkjetification of the rocket parts has me wanting to spend my time looking into making new models and parts rather than a patch for the old.

19 hours ago, bsquiklehausen said:

Not yet dead - just taking a bit of a break due to finals and now a vacation. I can't promise updates as soon as I get home - Squad's lack of communication over the past 3 weeks has really killed my desire to play and mod for KSP, and the impending Porkjetification of the rocket parts has me wanting to spend my time looking into making new models and parts rather than a patch for the old.

Aww. It's always been my favorite capsule mod.

Looking for a huge cockpit to fit with HX parts of B9. What a long journey to get one, that is impressive. Had the hope to find it here. Damned.

Edited by LeLeon

1 hour ago, LeLeon said:

Looking for a huge cockpit to fit with HX parts of B9. What a long journey to get one, that is impressive. Had the hope to find it here. Damned.

Try Rocket Factory mod for a huge 3.75 cockpit.

Squad has been on vacation after I'm sure everyone pulled 80 hour weeks getting the updates out. Why would this kill anyone's motivation? Not criticizing just asking, these guys are people and software development for games is a stressful, thankless, overbearing, life-consuming job. It seems to me like they deserve a vacation. People work too much anyway. 

• 1 month later...

I very much have loved this mod since it came out.  I assume with its 1.0+ prefix that there probably was compatibility issues going to the 1.1+ series of patches.  Has anyone attempted to use this mod and confirm one way or another?

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2016 at 3:25 PM, Cornholio said:

I very much have loved this mod since it came out.  I assume with its 1.0+ prefix that there probably was compatibility issues going to the 1.1+ series of patches.  Has anyone attempted to use this mod and confirm one way or another?

Everything works except for the Launch Escape system, due to lack of BDAnimation modules. I pulled off some magery to make it work using a different mod (Nertea's Deployable engines), but honestly you're probably better off leaving it as-is.

6 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Everything works except for the Launch Escape system, due to lack of BDAnimation modules. I pulled off some magery to make it work using a different mod (Nertea's Deployable engines), but honestly you're probably better off leaving it as-is.

bdanimation module works if you grab it from the QuiztechContinued mod....

• 2 weeks later...
On April 26, 2016 at 6:08 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

There's also an issue with the science/cargo bay configuration (it needs a patch to work, see below), and I think the colliders on the insides of the bays are a little wonky as well -- KSP doesn't allow concave colliders anymore.

@PART[TaurusScienceBay]:FIRST
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		lookupCenter = 1.5,0,0
	}

+MODULE[ModuleCargoBay]
	{
		@lookupCenter = -1.5,0,0
	}
}

How/where do I apply this patch?  Does this go in the config file?

40 minutes ago, Markarian421 said:

What's the file format?  .cfg or something else?  

Yes...  .cfg ... You can just change the filename from .txt, .rtf, etc, to .cfg, and it should be fine...

Although, you should open your text editor of choice, and copy/paste, or author your own ModuleManager patches, and save them as their own .cfg file... DONT combine them with existing, individual part config files... I mean, you CAN, but it can lead to headaches if you install/uninstall mods mentioned in the patches, or if you just want to make your own custom edits... So its best to keep MM patches in their own, separate, "patch", config file...

• 4 weeks later...

When are you able to fix the Hatches and Ladders.

I noticed if you're in space and float perfectly enough you can get in but on the ground it's impossible to get in the capsule and almost impossible to get into the science vessel.

The entire rest of this mod is awesome and I use it at every chance, but I always resort to having another pod attached and using that as an entry point, would love to not need it.

• 1 month later...

The problem with this mod not being updated is that the BDAminations module has not been updated to a 1.1+ compatible version since the author of that mod has decided to move on with RL. I'm sure the mod author will figure out a solution. Taurus HCV has been my favorite command pod so far. 

Can someone make a list with all of the missing features/problems? I haven't done patches in a long time, but I'm thinking about making a MM update patch for it. Though I haven't used MM before, so it might be a challenge... And I can only work on Wednesdays and weekends due to school :( I'll PM the mod author if I decide to give it a try.