[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

The note in the download says 'optional HD textures are 2k', but both the textures in the R&SCapsuledyne are already 2k (even the normal)

My mistake. Released a new version that includes the 1k textures.

The exterior looks great!

Request: When putting together the IVA, please design it so that the pilot viewpoints are properly positioned. This has been a big problem in KSP, with even the stock pods not doing it right. The pilot's eyes (and camera origin) should be roughly centered on the window's vertical axis, so that a line drawn from the eyes to the center of the window is parallel to the longitudinal axis of the craft. This allows the pilot to see straight forward. If you can't see straight forward, even the prettiest IVA becomes severely limited in usability. (Try docking the stock Mk 1-2 pod from the IVA.)

See FASA Gemini for a great example of how the pilot's viewpoint should be positioned, offering excellent forward visibility even through a single tiny window.

lx2PgmL.jpg

SZFd3Ey.png

I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go with this project. I can see a lot of applications for a larger pod. :)

Edited by RoboRay

The exterior looks great!

Request: When putting together the IVA, please design it so that the pilot viewpoints are properly positioned. This has been a big problem in KSP, with even the stock pods not doing it right. The pilot's eyes (and camera origin) should be roughly centered on the window's vertical axis, so that a line drawn from the eyes to the center of the window is parallel to the longitudinal axis of the craft. This allows the pilot to see straight forward. If you can't see straight forward, even the prettiest IVA becomes severely limited in usability. (Try docking the stock Mk 1-2 pod from the IVA.)

See FASA Gemini for a great example of how the pilot's viewpoint should be positioned, offering excellent forward visibility even through a single tiny window.

http://i.imgur.com/lx2PgmL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SZFd3Ey.png

I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go with this project. I can see a lot of applications for a larger pod. :)

Or stick with a lot of MFDs ,using RPM :D

looks nice but fo some reason the engines on it keep going off on start for no reason

I would guess that you've either installed the included plugin improperly or set up your action groups/staging the wrong way. Maybe you've put the activate engines action under launch?

Unable to replicate problem.

What would make this module really cool would be if you teamed up with sumghai and scaled his service module setup to it. Also might need a beefed up LES tower?

There is a LES built in! Activate those SRBs (also make sure you have the included plugin installed properly)

One side of the pod only has two engine fx.

That side also only has two engines! It's supposed to be asymmetrical to clear the pod from the ascending rocket - the stock escape tower does this by having a perpendicular extra booster at the top of the tower.

Awesome! Though it would be nice if it had a capacity of 7 like the Dragon.

It's also a pity that the LES is asymmetrical, or it could be used as a soft landing system as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you're planning a landing system :)

Edited by curiousepic

That side also only has two engines! It's supposed to be asymmetrical to clear the pod from the ascending rocket - the stock escape tower does this by having a perpendicular extra booster at the top of the tower.

Regarding the LES. I find that if you use the Stock LES with the Capsule LES, it propels it away really well!

Edited by GoldForest

is LES solid booster?

or it is liquid and is able to cushion landings?

LES is solid and also asymmetric in order to move the capsule laterally away from the exploding rocket.

So not suited well for landing.

LES is solid and also asymmetric in order to move the capsule laterally away from the exploding rocket.

So not suited well for landing.

I tried a suicide landing with the built in LES. I got to 200m, burnt, slowed down and even accelerated to about 40 to 50m/s. I tried to use the Stock LES to land softly below the breaking point but it just took me about 400m in the air. I tried to deploy the parachutes that I had but to no avail.

Could you make a liquid fueled version? So we can preform suicide burns correctly. lol

I tried a suicide landing with the built in LES. I got to 200m, burnt, slowed down and even accelerated to about 40 to 50m/s. I tried to use the Stock LES to land softly below the breaking point but it just took me about 400m in the air. I tried to deploy the parachutes that I had but to no avail.

Could you make a liquid fueled version? So we can preform suicide burns correctly. lol

Eventually there will be some sort of attachable landing system that will accomplish this purpose

Oh i see.

Does BahamutoD's engine plugin support ModuleEnginesFX? I've tried adding Nazari1382's custom engine fx but it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by The Space Man