Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Does this work with .24? I know it isn't /meant/ for it, but I am asking if it works without any major issues.

I'm still downloading the update to test it, slow down! :P

But yeah, it should work. Our mod doesn't have anything that could get broken in an update (mainly .cfgs and straightforward part files), but it's the dependencies that you need to be wary of. I quote...

Indeed!

During the initial rounds of 0.24 experimentals, we requested a number of features to make modding easier with the new update. Unfortunately, a number of those requests didn't make it in. Among them was the ability for Part and PartModule code to influence the cost of a part, both in the VAB (for purchasing) and in flight (for recovery). This is essential for KAS because the part containers can have a base value, but they can also contain other parts. At the moment, part containers essentially break the game by making some parts free in the VAB and worthless in flight.

There is a possible workaround which I might be implementing in the next few days. It wasn't at all clear what would happen in the last few days of experimental testing, so I didn't want to spend a lot of time implementing something that would become obsolete soon after. So, at this moment, no update work has been done on KAS, and some structural changes (as well as the ordinary part cost balancing) will be necessary.

Much of this could be made easier if Squad would release a 0.24.1 patch with the requested features. If proper part costs are of interest to you in KAS, please lend your support for a minor revision update to KSP.

Paul is revising 0.75 to include better cost balancing as we speak, so then when that's released it should play nice with Career saves.

0.75 is out and available for download at www.kingtiger.co.uk

This is mostly a balance and art update with lots of model improvements by Daishi.

The new quad cores look amazing!

I've been busy rebalancing tech levels and costs. We're getting closer to the final version although I imagine we'll see some small changes as we all get more time in 0.24.

We do have a couple of new parts, the often requested fuel tank and monoprop tank, these are great for filling in empty gaps in your service modules!

We would love your feedback on this one, especially regarding the costs and tech tree changes.

Also let me know if you find any issues, I worked hard to get this out as soon as I could after 0.24 so it's possible I've missed something.

Enjoy.

None of the big mods are updated, huh irishmanerrant? Well I can count at least one that JUST updated... plus let's not forget Modular Kolonization System, and Kethane! :sticktongue:

And I wasn't pestering, I was asking if the old version worked with .24.

Well he did say the magic internet-argument word "almost"...

Also, I count Ferram, MechJeb and Deadly Reentry up and running, along with DM Science...

Well he did say the magic internet-argument word "almost"...

Also, I count Ferram, MechJeb and Deadly Reentry up and running, along with DM Science...

KAS seems pretty borked, i've heard stories of explosions during attach\detach actions :| In the meantime, until Paul updates the OP, here's some 4k goodness.

AjVXgWf.jpg

Time to test if Unity still compiles assets correctly, then back to work on TAC :)

Edited by Daishi

Version 0.751 update

This is a small update to the Core and ECLSS packs only which adds resource costs to Oxygen, Hydrogen, Water and Carbon Dioxide.

Also, Daishi and I would love to see some screenshots and here how you use the mod in your games. I'd love to get a users gallery up on the website so if you have some good screenies please either post them here.

Possible bug in .24 with ModuleManager? It seems that US is somehow preventing ModuleManager from launching at game start. Not sure if just me but deleting US fixes it again.

What OS and version are you using? I've been testing on Windows 7 64bit and KSP 64bit.

Also what version of module manager? I've tested with 2.1.5, which is packaged with the mod.

If you haven't, could you try module manager 2.2 and let me know how you get on.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-1-5-6-%28Jan-6%29

I've no idea if this is the Module Manager misbehaviour mentioned above, but I'm not getting any of the components in the US oxygen, hydrogen and water blocks (the only options I get if I right click on the parts are "Open hatch" or "Structure Off" and for some reason the fuel cell isn't hugely productive without oxygen and hydrogen (it'll still activate, it just doesn't produce any power).

I'm using Windows7 (64bit) and have tried both the 32- and 64-bit versions of KSP with the same results (and with ModuleManager 2.2.0).

Am I overlooking a mod dependency somewhere? I've not installed KAS on 0.24 yet (nor the US KAS parts) and that's the only obvious difference between 0.24 and what I had working perfectly on 0.23.5.

using mm 2.2 the following lines make it impossible for tac life-support version 9.02 and near future propulsion to work. It deletes oxygen water and hydrogen completely. Not sure what the error is.

//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Hydrogen]:HAS[~tag[uSHydrogen]]

// {

// @name = HydrogenDELETED

// }

as you see i had to comment them out same for the other 2 as well

Edited by toril

using mm 2.2 the following lines make it impossible for tac life-support version 9.02 and near future propulsion

US isn't TAC compatible yet and won't be until we release the TAC pack. People have made it work, but we're not officially supporting it yet.

Same story with future propulsion.

This is because of resources. The core pack has to create resources it uses because it's designed to work stand alone. However if you use other mods, such as TAC then there can be resource conflicts. SHould be easy enough for you to edit the module manager files, I've annotated everything.

When we do release the TAC pack then this will be taken care of for you automatically.

using mm 2.2 the following lines make it impossible for tac life-support version 9.02 and near future propulsion to work. It deletes oxygen water and hydrogen completely. Not sure what the error is.

//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Hydrogen]:HAS[~tag[uSHydrogen]]

// {

// @name = HydrogenDELETED

// }

as you see i had to comment them out same for the other 2 as well

Thanks for posting this. Commenting out these sections fixed the problem I was having.

US isn't TAC compatible yet and won't be until we release the TAC pack. People have made it work, but we're not officially supporting it yet.

This is because of resources. The core pack has to create resources it uses because it's designed to work stand alone. However if you use other mods, such as TAC then there can be resource conflicts. SHould be easy enough for you to edit the module manager files, I've annotated everything.

When we do release the TAC pack then this will be taken care of for you automatically.

I believe you misunderstood me. The line that should remove an old resource and leave only your version of it is removing all of said resources including yours.

Edited by toril

I believe you misunderstood me. The line that should remove an old resource and leave only your version of it is removing all of said resources including yours.

I see what you mean. I've been able to recreate that on my install.

I had US working with TAC in 0.23.5 so it must be something new about 0.24 or an updated dependency mod that's causing this. I'll have a look into it.

Unfortunately I'm going on a camping trip this weekend so time is very limited. I might be able to take a look tonight, otherwise it's going to be Monday, sorry.

Am I reading that right? US breaks TAC? I thought it just didn't have containers for TAC.

Am I reading that right? US breaks TAC? I thought it just didn't have containers for TAC.

Something in .24 it seems, broke the module manager config for the latest version of US. If you comment out the delete lines it works fine. Apparently works great in .23.5

Something in .24 it seems, broke the module manager config for the latest version of US. If you comment out the delete lines it works fine. Apparently works great in .23.5

Ok. I'll try that when I get home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.