Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Interesting, I've never had a node disappear under normal circumstances but I believe you if you say they do. It's not a major issue anyway since it can be easily repaired. The (seemingly random) fatal status ailment inflicted on the root object whereby it becomes its own child and permanently kills the entire ship design is something different I would say.

Just one piece of operational feedback. If I go from the VAB to the launch pad with any of the US Bay doors or hatches open, they appear shut on the launchpad, put right-clicking on them reveals that the game thinks they are still open, so I get the opportunity to shut them.

Glad you're enjoying the mod. That door issue is a limitation with Advanced Animator plug-in. We've been talking about various solutions, but they are put on the back burner until we get TAC out.

You'll find the same issue when loading saves.

Having A issue with my EVA-X . Started A new game the other day, Landed on Minmus. Sent Jeb off on EVA with the EVA-X to grab some science. As i am on my way back I run out of monopropellant but It shows I still have 25 / 30. I look at the EVA-X and it list 25 monopropellant how ever it did not have any food/water or O2. .. but not as empty .. as in its not listed at. Luckly, I could transfer the mono too Jeb and make it back. However, I cant get the EVA-X too work. 1) auto trasfer mono- or have anything else in it.

Using TAC and KAS both are working.

Having A issue with my EVA-X . Started A new game the other day, Landed on Minmus. Sent Jeb off on EVA with the EVA-X to grab some science. As i am on my way back I run out of monopropellant but It shows I still have 25 / 30. I look at the EVA-X and it list 25 monopropellant how ever it did not have any food/water or O2. .. but not as empty .. as in its not listed at. Luckly, I could transfer the mono too Jeb and make it back. However, I cant get the EVA-X too work. 1) auto trasfer mono- or have anything else in it.

Using TAC and KAS both are working.

The EVAx is not currently configured to contain TAC resources and won't be until we release the TAC pack. This pack will automatically add TAC released to the EVAx.

For the EVA fuel, it's a known issue and appears to be a limitation with KSP or possibly KAS in that we can't get EVA fuel to flow from a part carried KAS style to the Kerbal.

EVA fuel is set as NO FLOW in the resource config file, which changing this doesn't appear to fix the issue. And because a Kerbal doesn't have a Part.cfg file I can't see what's going on there.

I think this is going to be a limitation with the core game and KAS plug-in but I am keeping an eye on things to see if we can find a fix.

node_stack_top and bottom for US_e_Dec_SafetyDecoupler250 (Universal Storage Safety Decoupler (Large)) are

node_stack_top = 0, -0.180, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.212, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

witch is the node size of an 1.25m part instead of

node_stack_top = 0, -0.180, 0, 0, 1, 0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.212, 0, 0, -1, 0, 2

I don't know if you are aware of that, just thought I should report it.

Besides that thank you for this great mod and can't wait for TACLS support :D

I understand that TAC is not currently supported under US. Some people seem to get it working fine for .24.2 anyway. I'm having an issue with the fuel cell - it doesn't do anything at all. I have room for water output and plenty of batteries for the charge, but still nothing. Is this a common issue, waiting to be fixed with the official TAC pack, or is this something I can patch on my own?

I understand that TAC is not currently supported under US. Some people seem to get it working fine for .24.2 anyway. I'm having an issue with the fuel cell - it doesn't do anything at all. I have room for water output and plenty of batteries for the charge, but still nothing. Is this a common issue, waiting to be fixed with the official TAC pack, or is this something I can patch on my own?

Its our generator module, apparently you need to have a little bit of power to start a generator and have it function, fuel cell included. I think - I haven't personally playtested anything in months. The most I do in KSP is just boot it, import and test parts and close it again :)

If its behaviour you don't like, Paul or Okbilly might pop in and see if there's a fix.

Its our generator module, apparently you need to have a little bit of power to start a generator and have it function, fuel cell included. I think - I haven't personally playtested anything in months. The most I do in KSP is just boot it, import and test parts and close it again :)

If its behaviour you don't like, Paul or Okbilly might pop in and see if there's a fix.

I can't say without more information. It's never done anything like that for me in my test environment with the way the fuel cell is configured. The only time it should stop operating is if there isn't any oxygen/hydrogen.

I can't say without more information. It's never done anything like that for me in my test environment with the way the fuel cell is configured. The only time it should stop operating is if there isn't any oxygen/hydrogen.

Really? Paul mentioned something about requiring a small charge to get the converters going... might have been an old build.

And i've officially missed my self-imposed deadline for getting the TAC pack ready by the end of August. Assets are all done though, i've just got to start combining maps, swapping out the older structures and getting the science bay fitted with a FAR-compatible collision mesh. Shouldn't be much longer :) Pics for the guys who don't follow the dev thread...

gkcfnyo.jpg

thqmNr6.jpg

e2yIwM4.jpg

Specular maps don't show up in the maya viewport (modelling window), and a few of them won't have them until a later release, but i'd say things are 90% resolved (except the hatch seams, they need a bit of work still).

Edited by Daishi

Really? Paul mentioned something about requiring a small charge to get the converters going... might have been an old build.

That was a work around for an earlier version of Generic Resource Converter. The current release fuel cell only requires Oxygen and Hydrogen.

Only thing I can think to check is that you have the ResourceConvertor folder in GameData. It contains the plugin to run the processors, including the fuel cell and is packaged with the Core pack.

I had a crazy idea last but thought I best sleep on it to see if it was still something worth posting, and I think it is. I started building a new craft last night and put some radial chutes under the US containers I had and I thought it would be interesting to have a wedge that was like a radial chute. I never really liked the look of radial chutes if I am honest, as they stick out a bit too far in some cases. I dunno how possible it would be to do this, or if it is even possible, but I think it would be interesting concept to have since there are only 4 chutes in stock, and only one of those is a radial version.

That was a work around for an earlier version of Generic Resource Converter. The current release fuel cell only requires Oxygen and Hydrogen.

Only thing I can think to check is that you have the ResourceConvertor folder in GameData. It contains the plugin to run the processors, including the fuel cell and is packaged with the Core pack.

Bingo. I don't know how I lost it, but it's back in now.

That little warning sign on the back of the water filter? is a nice touch - Like some pointy-haired boss insisted it be added, But Let's not insult anybody by having it someplace someone might actually see it and think it was meant for them. Nice change of pace from the real world. (6' broach as big around as my leg and covered in thousands of pointy teeth? If I couldn't tell that was something I ought to keep my fingers away from without the sticker, I'd be out of fingers before lunch anyways :rolleyes:)

That little warning sign on the back of the water filter? is a nice touch - Like some pointy-haired boss insisted it be added, But Let's not insult anybody by having it someplace someone might actually see it and think it was meant for them. Nice change of pace from the real world. (6' broach as big around as my leg and covered in thousands of pointy teeth? If I couldn't tell that was something I ought to keep my fingers away from without the sticker, I'd be out of fingers before lunch anyways :rolleyes:)

It needed some kind of cautionary sticker :P

Tired of 0G snack wrappers jamming themselves inside the navball? Worried about the structural integrity of capsule vomit bags after a hard splashdown? Fret not! The US Waste Storage unit is designed with heavy duty sanitary waste containment in mind. Comes pre-packed with a "Grind-o-Matic" processing unit to purée and compress particulates into a highly competitive density of at least 250kg\m3. Features an easy access hatch and complementary cleaning chisel.

Tired of 0G snack wrappers jamming themselves inside the navball? Worried about the structural integrity of capsule vomit bags after a hard splashdown? Fret not! The US Waste Storage unit is designed with heavy duty sanitary waste containment in mind. Comes pre-packed with a "Grind-o-Matic" processing unit to purée and compress particulates into a highly competitive density of at least 250kg\m3. Features an easy access hatch and complementary cleaning chisel.

And here I was guessing that was the water filter. That even makes sense!

Dihydrogen Monoxide

Bane of politicians.

Hah, totally forgot about that brilliant spin on it. Might have to add something along those lines to the labels.

Ooh, the models look awesome. I can't wait!

Thankyou!

@Daishi

Your textures are breathtaking, a retextureing of the stockparts from you, would knock out everyone.

Where did you learn that or are you gifted with it?

Cheers! I did attend a university (college, tertiary education, whatever comes after highschool, i'm 25 now) doing design for five years, but probably 70% of that was theory papers and courses that had nothing to do with practical skills (postmodernism, feminist studies, cultural identity, small business analysis, etc). The few papers I did take that helped were anatomical studies and sculpting creatures for film (with maya and zbrush), either self directed or guided by the better teachers of the place. Nothing for game design, or with efficient hard surface modelling, so KSP has been a learning exercise for me in that regard (which is why its taking so long to resolve anything).

It doesn't really matter where you learn, its all about the amount of work you want to put in and how much you want to push yourself. Just time and pressure! A supporting one-on-one learning environment helps, but that often comes with a higher price tag :)

And here I was guessing that was the water filter. That even makes sense!

Nah, the converters\filters\generators are all going to have interface panels with that light blue\teal accent paint on them (signifying higher tech stuff I guess), the other wedges are a little less embellished.

Cool Daishi, you use ZBrush. I use it in the past, is a marvellous tool!

Today for the same purpose i use MudBox, on the same Box of Maya.

If i share to much, you can say and i remove the pic.

;)

A frame of an ongoing job:

14926170740_db7912f5fe_o.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-01 at 22.38.56 by Climberfx, on Flickr

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.