Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Yep, I'm also using KJR. I'll test it with the KJR update and without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I've confirmed that it is KJR creating the issue. The newest KJR update is bugged with the quadcore. Thank you Darloth for pointing me in that direction.

This is configurable in-game, too:

Click on the FAR icon, go to Part Classification, and add "science bay" under the "Cargo Bay Title Contains:" section. The Science Bays will then be FAR compatible.

Ah, awesome, thanks.

Funny that I've had antennae in science bays before and they didn't seem to get FAR-disassembled, but maybe I just wasn't going as fast or something, I dunno.

As part of the Universal Storage 1 release I've added a parts catalog to the website.

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/universal-storage-a-mod-for-kerbal-space-program/universal-storage-parts/

Looking good! Gee i'm so out of the loop here, didn't even realize we were at 1.0 yet and had binned the pack concept :P

I am also experiencing the launch clamp bug with the US quad core in conjunction with KJR. Additionally, hyperedit orbit cheating causes the craft to explode but that's probably just because it thinks it's clamped to the ground - don't know.

I am having problems with an oxygen tank containing propellant :(.

It looks like you've copied across the Universal Storage MDK folder. This contains example modding files, one of which changes the resource in the Oxygen tank.

Make sure you follow the included instructions in the download! Delete the MDK folder and you'll be good to go.

It looks like you've copied across the Universal Storage MDK folder. This contains example modding files, one of which changes the resource in the Oxygen tank.

Make sure you follow the included instructions in the download! Delete the MDK folder and you'll be good to go.

Thanks :D. And sorry for not reading the instructions .... . The oxygen is fixed now. Only the alkaline fuel cell doesn't have a power button any-more what will make my kerbal (jeb) die in 4h. Hmmmm, Maybe solar-panels weren't such a bad idea. Could it be a problem in my safe file?

Could someone help me with this mod, everything is great except I can't put anything in the science bay with out it rotating on the opposite direction and clipping out.

I could put everything outside but it looks nicer if it's all nicely put inside.

Did you copy across the Regolith folder (or already have the latest version?)

That contains the code that makes the processor (fuel cell) work.

Fixed it already :P. I didn't saw I had nautilus running as root. So when I copied the files they where set as root. What made KSP complain about some stuff, I am not 100% sure what but after chowning, it to my username it was all good :s. Sorry for the trouble I made.,

Fixed it already :P. I didn't saw I had nautilus running as root. So when I copied the files they where set as root. What made KSP complain about some stuff, I am not 100% sure what but after chowning, it to my username it was all good :s. Sorry for the trouble I made.,

No trouble, glad you've got it working.

For some reason these things are locking my ship in place, like, no matter how much power I put behind it, it won't move at all until I cause an event to change the ship(for example decoupling something)

Seems to only happen if there's two of them stacked ontop of eachother.

Edited by Crimor

For some reason these things are locking my ship in place, like, no matter how much power I put behind it, it won't move at all until I cause an event to change the ship(for example decoupling something)

Seems to only happen if there's two of them stacked ontop of eachother.

I've had this happen before, but the fix has nothing to do with Universtal Storage. Do you use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement?

There are problems with the Bosch reactor that make it a lab only system at the moment. Cleaning the carbon deposits off the system for disposal and maintaining the high temperatures required in space are two of the challenges. This is probably why the Sabatier is used on the ISS but they don't have a Bosch reactor yet (the methane is vented as waste on the ISS). This would be a good one for a near future pack, but with US we're focused on tech that's space viable now.

Would it then be more viable to have a Methane fuel cell instead? Methane and 2-O2 combustion yields CO2 and 2-H2O, which as far as the water goes, could be fed back into the electrolyser (or drinking). For the CO2, unless you feed that back into the Sabatier, Having Kerbals onboard means ever increasing CO2 levels. I guess it could be dumped, but this means we could have some interesting fuel conversion processes for probes - ie having the hydrogen fuel cell, electrolyser, sabatier and methane combustion to transform your materials into the forms you need.

If you look at the chemical reactions, adding the methane fuel cell fully closes the cycle. Water obotained from the Sabatier and Methane cell gets electrolyzed, which creates enough hydrogen for the sabatier and enough oxygen for the fuel cell.

Would it then be more viable to have a Methane fuel cell instead? Methane and 2-O2 combustion yields CO2 and 2-H2O, which as far as the water goes, could be fed back into the electrolyser (or drinking). For the CO2, unless you feed that back into the Sabatier, Having Kerbals onboard means ever increasing CO2 levels. I guess it could be dumped, but this means we could have some interesting fuel conversion processes for probes - ie having the hydrogen fuel cell, electrolyser, sabatier and methane combustion to transform your materials into the forms you need.

If you look at the chemical reactions, adding the methane fuel cell fully closes the cycle. Water obotained from the Sabatier and Methane cell gets electrolyzed, which creates enough hydrogen for the sabatier and enough oxygen for the fuel cell.

The methane from the sabatier is treated as liquid fuel for stock Universal Storage, which closes the loop, every byproduct is usable or can be converted. Included in the file is code to treat the methane as methane if you're using a mod that supports it, so you can go for that more realistic option if you want.

As for a methane fuel cell, it would be very easy to create one using the example files in the MDK.

Oh cool... Hey I was looking for this.

I use CKAN and I've been looking at this mod for a while, but I couldn't locate it on the forums. The link to this thread is blank on CKAN, and the link to ksp.kingtiger.co.uk gives me this:

qocjqlZ.png

On another note, now that I've found this thread, I'll be installing. :)

Oh cool... Hey I was looking for this.

I use CKAN and I've been looking at this mod for a while, but I couldn't locate it on the forums. The link to this thread is blank on CKAN, and the link to ksp.kingtiger.co.uk gives me this:

http://i.imgur.com/qocjqlZ.png

On another note, now that I've found this thread, I'll be installing. :)

Thanks, I'll look into that.

UPDATE

I've checked the CKAN file and fixed / added links.

I've also added KAS and DMagic Orbital science as suggested (opt-in) mods.

Finally I've added Daishi to the author list.

That should being CKAN up to date.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.