Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Doing something of an overhaul on the balance and parts I use for life support (With TAC) and noticed in the cfg for the US Sabatier reactor that whilst there are three different parts that MM can create depending on the life support mod the user has installed, they all seem to have the exact same statistics. Is this intended..?

Doing something of an overhaul on the balance and parts I use for life support (With TAC) and noticed in the cfg for the US Sabatier reactor that whilst there are three different parts that MM can create depending on the life support mod the user has installed, they all seem to have the exact same statistics. Is this intended..?

Yes, all three mods use the same units and resources so the Sabatier does the same thing. The reason there is 3 is because you can't use module manager to say 'if one of these mods is installed then do this', only 'if this mod is installed'.

Unless I'm wrong, in which case that would be cool!

Having a slight issue I'm not sure how to fix or diagnose. For whatever reason, the oxygen wedge is showing up for me containing monoprop. I do have the latest version of TACLS installed.

Picture:

hq0bwTF.png

I thought to go fix it directly, thinking it was just an accident or something, so I started digging through the US_1R340_Wedge_Oxygen part.cfg, and it's...as far as I can tell, correct. Ctrl F turns up nothing for "mono". I'm guessing this means that there's some ModuleManager patch thingy overwriting it somewhere, but I have no idea where or why or how I'd find it and fix it.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated :)

Yes, all three mods use the same units and resources so the Sabatier does the same thing. The reason there is 3 is because you can't use module manager to say 'if one of these mods is installed then do this', only 'if this mod is installed'.

Unless I'm wrong, in which case that would be cool!

[As Crzyrndm says] You can use ORs within the NEEDS command. You would need this:

PART:NEEDS[LifeSupport|IoncrossCrewSupport|TacLifeSupport]

Alternatively you could define the part in the conventional way, and then remove it with a conditional MM patch like this:

@PART[US_Wedge_Sabatier]:NEEDS[!LifeSupport&!IoncrossCrewSupport&!TacLifeSupport]
{

[INDENT]@category = -1[/INDENT]

}

Having a slight issue I'm not sure how to fix or diagnose. For whatever reason, the oxygen wedge is showing up for me containing monoprop. I do have the latest version of TACLS installed.

Picture:

http://i.imgur.com/hq0bwTF.png

I thought to go fix it directly, thinking it was just an accident or something, so I started digging through the US_1R340_Wedge_Oxygen part.cfg, and it's...as far as I can tell, correct. Ctrl F turns up nothing for "mono". I'm guessing this means that there's some ModuleManager patch thingy overwriting it somewhere, but I have no idea where or why or how I'd find it and fix it.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated :)

You've copied across the UniversalStorage MDK folder which contains example MM files for changing the parts. Delete that folder from GameData and you'll be fine.

When in doubt check the installation instructions ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Brilliant! Thanks, I'll update the code on the next release.

You've copied across the UniversalStorage MDK folder which contains example MM files for changing the parts. Delete that folder from GameData and you'll be fine.

When in doubt check the installation instructions ;)

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that bit in the installation instructions.

Okay, I ran into an issue today, and I'm not sure if its a USI issue, a KAS issue or a Universal Storage issue, so I'm posting this in all 3 places. I sent a couple of landers to the Mun, one carried a KAS containered Pack Rat and a portable soil sample kit, and one other module, which I belive was a portable Karbonite scanner? the other lander carried my kerbals down, I managed to assemble the pack rat on the surface, but when I tried to remove the MKS/OKS soil sample kit from the KAS container, as well as my Karbonite scanner, it exploded instantly. The Containers were US KAS containers.

Link to Output logs and persistence files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mfmdyhmrizoa9vn/AABcqga9Xz77XiQxSXU-uxA7a?dl=0

Can someone explain to my how I need to set up my parts to work with TAC LS i am doing something wrong and im burning thou my resource's;/

And i like to are if there are plans for new parts that will support Karbonite (small generator and maybe a converter)?

I had TAC installed briefly at the start of a new career game, then switched to Snacks. However, the TAC LS wedges are still showing up in my career game. Is there a way to stop them doing so other than deleting the relevant part files?

Using v1.0.90.2. Tried removing US entirely and putting it back, tried deleting the module manager cache files and searched through the persistent.sfs file for anything seemingly relevant. Still stuck with them.

I had TAC installed briefly at the start of a new career game, then switched to Snacks. However, the TAC LS wedges are still showing up in my career game. Is there a way to stop them doing so other than deleting the relevant part files?

Using v1.0.90.2. Tried removing US entirely and putting it back, tried deleting the module manager cache files and searched through the persistent.sfs file for anything seemingly relevant. Still stuck with them.

That's probably because the TAC parts are part of the mod, just like any other part. You'll have to delete them.

The TAC parts should disappear once you have uninstalled TAC. I've tested this my end and it's working.

Is is possible you haven't entirely uninstalled TAC?

I removed the ThunderAerospace folder, so it should be gone. I don't know if TAC stores anything elsewhere? I'll have another look.

Could it be down to the Module Manager version? I'm using 2.5.9 and I noticed the US zip I've got includes 2.5.8.

EDIT: I may be mistaken about TAC parts staying. I've been thinking that the US radial oxygen tank was TAC-specific, but from the part catalog on your website (and the part.cfg) I now realise it is probably supposed to be there for use with the fuel cell wedges? If so, then everything is probably working just fine... except my reading comprehension. :P

Edited by Fourjays
Update

I removed the ThunderAerospace folder, so it should be gone. I don't know if TAC stores anything elsewhere? I'll have another look.

Could it be down to the Module Manager version? I'm using 2.5.9 and I noticed the US zip I've got includes 2.5.8.

EDIT: I may be mistaken about TAC parts staying. I've been thinking that the US radial oxygen tank was TAC-specific, but from the part catalog on your website (and the part.cfg) I now realise it is probably supposed to be there for use with the fuel cell wedges? If so, then everything is probably working just fine... except my reading comprehension. :P

Yes the radial O2 tank and the O2 wedge are both used for the fuel cell, they are not TAC.

Hey gang,

I am trying to make some of my own parts to plug into US, but I can't seem to figure out how you make the wedges attach to the cores. It seems to be something special, something different than just stack nodes?

Is there something special I have to do on the model side or in Unity?

EDIT: As usual, shortly after swallowing my pride and asking for help, I figured it out. Its the angle of the nodes that matter.

Edited by Agathorn

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to use science bays on a few of my earlier crafts, but now when I use any of the parts KSP is about 90% certain to crash... I removed, re-downloaded and installed newest version, connecting any 2 US parts seems to give me the rainbow wheel of death.

I was able to use science bays on a few of my earlier crafts, but now when I use any of the parts KSP is about 90% certain to crash... I removed, re-downloaded and installed newest version, connecting any 2 US parts seems to give me the rainbow wheel of death.

Rainbow wheel of death?

How come the decoupler function on the manual decouplers are disabled?

Because the top and bottom nodes are so close together it's easy to mess up attaching them which screws the calculations for MechJeb or Engineer. The code is in the part.cfg file if you want to remove the comments and activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

The code hasn't changed for quite a few versions, so if this is only a recent problem then I'm tempted to say it's with another mod. What other mods do you have?

I've just tried an EVA operation to move some US wedges around; I can KAS-grab them, but the option to reattach them doesn't show up in the right-click menu. I know this is quite a minimal bug report. I'll gladly provide more information, but I don't know what you are going to want. Every module I use is CKANed up to date, except that I have a development KJR to fix the undock bug. I have tried going back to the Space Centre and returning, and removing the Module Manager cache. I have not before, in 0.90, tried to do this.

I've just tried an EVA operation to move some US wedges around; I can KAS-grab them, but the option to reattach them doesn't show up in the right-click menu. I know this is quite a minimal bug report. I'll gladly provide more information, but I don't know what you are going to want. Every module I use is CKANed up to date, except that I have a development KJR to fix the undock bug. I have tried going back to the Space Centre and returning, and removing the Module Manager cache. I have not before, in 0.90, tried to do this.

I'll do some testing and get back to you.

I did some testing and I can't recreate this. I am able to remove and reattach wedges when on EVA.

Note that the wedges are not surface mountable so you can't place them anywhere, they need to go on an node, which usually means a Universal Storage core part. The option you're looking for on the right click menu (right click on the core) is Store.

I did some testing and I can't recreate this. I am able to remove and reattach wedges when on EVA.

Note that the wedges are not surface mountable so you can't place them anywhere, they need to go on an node, which usually means a Universal Storage core part. The option you're looking for on the right click menu (right click on the core) is Store.

Has that changed, or am I just an idiot?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.