Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

I just downloaded and started using this mod again, loved it before, can't remember why I stopped using it before, but I've run into a snag, and was wondering if anyone else has seen/reported this issue. when I build a rocket, that works fine without parts from this mod, but then add a quad core, and 4 wedges, balanced so the center of mass doesn't go screwy, the quad core and wedges generate lift in some way, somehow, and the rocket becomes unstable. It generates a center of lift ahead of the center of mass. the VAB/SPH doesn't show this, but on launch, if you turn aero overlay on, there's a giant blue line showing lift coming from the quad core. I use no aero overhaul mods, this is pure stock aero and physics.

Hi,

I seem to have an issue with this version, regarding the general usage of the storages. I´m not sure if I´m doing something wrong but I cant toggle the bay doors anymore within the hangar and part commander doesn´t show the attached parts of the mod during flight (to use them directly, without part commander is also not possible) I see them attached, but they´re just useless.

It has been a while, since I played KSP the last time, it was KSP 1.12 and an earlier release of this mod. As far as I can remember the storages used to work without any special requirements, like a manned vessel or a scientist on board or so. Has this changed?

thnx n merry-x-mas

Edit: After reinstalling the mod, I started a game in Sandbox mode and found out, that it´s just all science parts that don´t work. The parts found in the utility folder are working fine, like the core itself and the utility-bays found there.

Any idea how to fix?

Edit2: OK solved! Sorry, I just found the post on page 69 about exactly the same problem and the answere accordingly. DMagic_Orbital_Science provides the science bays. I´m loading their update right now and think it´s going to work then.

Edited by HUG

On 12/28/2015 at 11:23 AM, sardia said:

For people using extra planetary launchpads and KIS, what benefit is there to installing this mod? 

Depends on your playstyle - if you like smaller streamlined ships that you can hot swap resource parts on, this is ideal. Development has stilted a little so there are issues with aero that need to be fixed in the future, but US is still useful in a vacuum.

49 minutes ago, Alex33212 said:

Any plans for 2.5m (or 1.25m radius) wedges for the quad-core? It would help make flush-looking stacks for 2.5m rocket segments, which currently looks rather odd, as the octo-core has to be used currently.

We're circularizing the circumference of the wedges on every core, so everything should be flush and inline in the next major update. Now that the retail season is slowing down, development will be starting up again now that i'll have more time. These last few months have been a little exhausting. 

On 12/30/2015 at 11:19 PM, Daishi said:

We're circularizing the circumference of the wedges on every core, so everything should be flush and inline in the next major update. Now that the retail season is slowing down, development will be starting up again now that i'll have more time. These last few months have been a little exhausting. 

I know how that is! I work at Target right now and even though I finish with work around noon everyday, just having to get up at 3am each day to be there by four kills me for the whole day.

I'm having some odd issues with this mod that I've never had the last time I used it (version 1.02 of KSP where I took a break waiting for 64 bit to be released, then got tired of waiting and just came back)

If I turn the structure option off for the wedges, the game starts freezing constantly whenever I rotate a part, touch a surface attachable part to a surface or touch a node attachable part to a node at intervals of about once a second. It happens most with the food, waste and water wedges. The other wedges seem to freeze the screen a tiny bit if you have a lot of overall parts and a lot of structureless wedges

You know you're getting the bug if the first time you interact with a part you want to place or move, the game freezes for a second. You can constantly rotate and move the part along a surface as much as you want after that for one second after it unfreezes, at which point the game freezes again the next time you rotate a part or try to attach it. turning the structure option back on for all bugged wedges or removing the wedges from the root part so they're just floating unconnected somwhere in the hangar makes the weird freezing go away

the number of bugged wedges with the structure turned off does seem to make a difference in how long it freezes or how much "free time" you have before it freezes again, and having a lot of overall parts does seem to make the game also freeze when you right click parts as well. Opening or closing the structure doors does not cause freezing. Removing wedge locks does not cause freezing

Having a single bugged wedge with the structure turned off causes barely any noticeable freezing. Having a full octo-core with a couple of the wedges having structure turned off makes it pretty noticeable, and having a 100+ part vehicle makes the freezing unbearable with even just one bugged wedge having structure turned off

It also seems to affect vehicles outside of the assembly buildings, with a single 3 man capsule that has two octocores filled with either water, food or waste wedges freezing for 5 seconds in the hangar whenever you try to do anything and outright crashing the game on launch, and ships with less structureless bugged cores freezing constantly in flight and also eventually crashing the game

not sure if it's just on my end or if it's just a bit tedious to reproduce so not many people have noticed so I tried my best to make it as reproducible as possible

Edited by Tripod27

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

Are there any areo problems with FAR?

It wasn't really designed with FAR in mind, but people haven't noticed too many bugs with it so you should be good. The next version will be better suited for it. 

On 1/3/2016 at 9:24 PM, Tripod27 said:

I'm having some odd issues with this mod that I've never had the last time I used it (version 1.02 of KSP where I took a break waiting for 64 bit to be released, then got tired of waiting and just came back)

If I turn the structure option off for the wedges, the game starts freezing constantly whenever I rotate a part, touch a surface attachable part to a surface or touch a node attachable part to a node at intervals of about once a second. It happens most with the food, waste and water wedges. The other wedges seem to freeze the screen a tiny bit if you have a lot of overall parts and a lot of structureless wedges

You know you're getting the bug if the first time you interact with a part you want to place or move, the game freezes for a second. You can constantly rotate and move the part along a surface as much as you want after that for one second after it unfreezes, at which point the game freezes again the next time you rotate a part or try to attach it. turning the structure option back on for all bugged wedges or removing the wedges from the root part so they're just floating unconnected somwhere in the hangar makes the weird freezing go away

the number of bugged wedges with the structure turned off does seem to make a difference in how long it freezes or how much "free time" you have before it freezes again, and having a lot of overall parts does seem to make the game also freeze when you right click parts as well. Opening or closing the structure doors does not cause freezing. Removing wedge locks does not cause freezing

Having a single bugged wedge with the structure turned off causes barely any noticeable freezing. Having a full octo-core with a couple of the wedges having structure turned off makes it pretty noticeable, and having a 100+ part vehicle makes the freezing unbearable with even just one bugged wedge having structure turned off

It also seems to affect vehicles outside of the assembly buildings, with a single 3 man capsule that has two octocores filled with either water, food or waste wedges freezing for 5 seconds in the hangar whenever you try to do anything and outright crashing the game on launch, and ships with less structureless bugged cores freezing constantly in flight and also eventually crashing the game

not sure if it's just on my end or if it's just a bit tedious to reproduce so not many people have noticed so I tried my best to make it as reproducible as possible

Sorry for the delay, haven't been on here very much. Hit Alt-F12 and check what the debug logs are doing when the game stutters. It should point us in the right direction and how we can fix the issue. 

On 2/19/2016 at 6:04 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

We'll get a more permanent download solution sorted once the post kerbalstuff dust settles.

@Paul Kingtiger hope all is well with you. Here is an quick update. Things have improved. Most of Kerbal Stuff has be very kindly hosted by @VITAS Could not revive you mods onto the replacement Space dock. Not sure if the guys had to be excluded your mods from automatically moving in respect your license. The good news the community is pulling together.

• 4 weeks later...

First off i love the idea of this mod. It offers a ton of flexibility.

However, im finding it to be a little buggy.

1.  Detaching an Octocore from another one results in some of the containers from the other octocore to be pulled with it.  This isnt a huge deal but its sort of annoying

2.  Detaching a container from an octocore sometimes results in you not being able to reattach it.  You end up having to create the entire thing from scratch in order to reattach the container you want.

When the update appeared in AVC, the change log button gave me a large window full of HTML, and the download button was still pointing to kerbalstuff. I assume that's just the fact that the currently installed version provides those links, and the new version will have at least the correct download link for future updates?

7 hours ago, Tallinu said:

When the update appeared in AVC, the change log button gave me a large window full of HTML, and the download button was still pointing to kerbalstuff. I assume that's just the fact that the currently installed version provides those links, and the new version will have at least the correct download link for future updates?

i also confirm this issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.