Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

32 minutes ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Updated to KSP 1.1

Thanks alot! :)

32 minutes ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

It's really hard to balance because Squad haven't told us what 1EC is.  I've done my best to balance the parts based on the real thing and the assumed power of solar panels based on real world panels.

1 EC should be 1 kWs

2 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

CKAN still shows this as only compatible with 1.05 - will the 1.1 version be exported to CKAN?

CKAN is usually about 24 hours or so behind the actual releases I have found, especially since all the 1.1 update spam going on.  There's quite a few updates that have taken mods to 1.1 compatibility yesterday/today that still are not on CKAN.  It's just the price we pay for it being that easy! :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, Holyvision said:

CKAN is usually about 24 hours or so behind the actual releases I have found, especially since all the 1.1 update spam going on.  There's quite a few updates that have taken mods to 1.1 compatibility yesterday/today that still are not on CKAN.  It's just the price we pay for it being that easy! :sticktongue:

Thanks, wasn't aware of that. Noted for future reference.

EDIT: Aaaand now it's on CKAN. Thanks again!

Edited by Bombaatu
New information

2 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I just saw a new mod called Kerbalism (a combo realism mod, details here) that I would *love* to see integrated with Universal Storage, if at all possible. Fantastic realism/life support overhaul.

Looks cool and something Universal Storage can support with parts.  I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, huwwwm said:

Getting an issue with the Universal Storage Science.Jr and Mystery Goo wedges whereby i can't reuse them despite restoring them with a scientist. Just thought i'd enquire since this wasn't a problem on 1.0.5

Chuck Dmagic a message, he made those parts :)

not sure if this is a bug, but no matter what mods are installed, you seem to get some or all of the TAC LS parts. it is a bit of a nuciance for me, as i dont use any life support mod that uses the oxygen and water resources.

3 hours ago, brocko said:

I'm having some trouble with the alkaline fuel cell - the hydrogen and oxygen are getting depleted super fast if I time warp. Not sure if intended, but it never worked that way before?

How fast is fast?  I've tested it and the drain is normal speed, which is quite fast at high time warp. 

Also do you have any other mods installed?

2 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

How fast is fast?  I've tested it and the drain is normal speed, which is quite fast at high time warp. 

Also do you have any other mods installed?

A couple days with one wedge each of hydrogen and oxygen. I thought for some reason it was a lot longer...

Yes lots of mods installed for sure haha.

18 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Update your module manager: 

Thanks, seems to be that universal storage science not working yet? cant access the modules (No function on right click?)

Edited by gnoarch

On 4/25/2016 at 4:41 PM, toric5 said:

not sure if this is a bug, but no matter what mods are installed, you seem to get some or all of the TAC LS parts. it is a bit of a nuciance for me, as i dont use any life support mod that uses the oxygen and water resources.

Oxygen, Hydrogen and Water are all used by the fuel cell in an otherwise stock install.  If you don't like them you can always remove those parts from the folder.

Just now, Guest83 said:

@Paul Kingtiger

Have you had a chance to look into Kerbalism yet? Do you think you are going to support it?

I'm looking at it right now!
It's going to be a little tricky to fully support it because it doesn't currently use community resource pack values and names.  Oxygen is 1 days worth for a kerbal, rather than liters and it uses CO2 not CarbonDioxide.  That causes problems with other parts that use the same resources.

Of course you can get around all that with config files, but if you're not careful you tie yourself in knots and get to a situation where your mods don't play well with others.

2 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Oxygen, Hydrogen and Water are all used by the fuel cell in an otherwise stock install.  If you don't like them you can always remove those parts from the folder.

however, you still get things like the co2 converter. also, why not have the fuel cell use liquidfuel and oxidiser if no mods that use oxygen and hydrogen are detected? shouldnt be to complex of a MM patch.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:26 PM, toric5 said:

however, you still get things like the co2 converter. also, why not have the fuel cell use liquidfuel and oxidiser if no mods that use oxygen and hydrogen are detected? shouldnt be to complex of a MM patch.

If you're getting the co2 converter (the Sabatier reactor) then you have an installation problem.  With an otherwise stock install all you should have is Oxygen, Hydrogen, Water, the Fuel Cell, the Eletrolizer and the science bay.

As for a Fuel and Oxidizer fuel cell, it's not planned for Universal Storage, although we'll consider it for US2.  You can mod it yourself and share the MM file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.