Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

@Daishi & @Paul Kingtiger  

Patiently waiting for patch, just wanted to drop in and let y'all know that I appreciate it, as I'm sure many others do.  Too often we have the bad habit of taking the work y'all do and the time y'all invest for granted, and that's a disservice to your contributions.  I try to make a effort to say once in a while to modders whose work I greatly appreciate, that I do in fact greatly appreciate the work, time, effort, and patience with some of us yahoos y'all go through just to share something with us for very little in return.

For what it's worth, I've been a fan of US for quite a while now, I think back when it was fairly new, and it has definitely become part of my "core" game experiance.  I'll dabble without it, but I don't get serious until it's part of the game.  I mean honestly, who sticks all sorts of gizmos and doodads on the outside of rockets.  Y'all got the right idea for sure.  Take your time, do whatever you need to do, and know that we do appreciate all y'all do for us.  It'll be ready when it's ready.

3 hours ago, falcon2000 said:

@Daishi & @Paul Kingtiger  

Patiently waiting for patch, just wanted to drop in and let y'all know that I appreciate it, as I'm sure many others do.  Too often we have the bad habit of taking the work y'all do and the time y'all invest for granted, and that's a disservice to your contributions.  I try to make a effort to say once in a while to modders whose work I greatly appreciate, that I do in fact greatly appreciate the work, time, effort, and patience with some of us yahoos y'all go through just to share something with us for very little in return.

For what it's worth, I've been a fan of US for quite a while now, I think back when it was fairly new, and it has definitely become part of my "core" game experiance.  I'll dabble without it, but I don't get serious until it's part of the game.  I mean honestly, who sticks all sorts of gizmos and doodads on the outside of rockets.  Y'all got the right idea for sure.  Take your time, do whatever you need to do, and know that we do appreciate all y'all do for us.  It'll be ready when it's ready.

Not a problem, it's something i really enjoy doing - it's just life can get the better of you sometimes and things just fall to the wayside :)

2 hours ago, RavenEchoseven said:

@Paul Kingtiger & @Daishi thank you for the info! I had put US in my 1.2 pre but never got around to testing them. I look forward to the update, and US2. If you don't mind my asking, how will US2 differ from US?

US2 is a combination graphics overhaul, and an evolution of how the cores, parts, and shrouds function. They'll act more like stock cargo bays, and shield everything placed within them from aero and heat. Parts are bigger, customizable (if firespitter ends up working) and be easier on memory (if that even matters anymore with x64). All in all, hopefully a little less fiddly and a lot more fun.

tkXcXQl.gif

S80ppPb.png

S0r35Q7.gif

36 minutes ago, Daishi said:

be easier on memory (if that even matters anymore with x64).

Yes it still matters.  :wink: (Just because you can map the memory doesn't mean you actually *have* it - and swap is slow.)

Looking good, and looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, Daishi said:

Not a problem, it's something i really enjoy doing - it's just life can get the better of you sometimes and things just fall to the wayside :)

US2 is a combination graphics overhaul, and an evolution of how the cores, parts, and shrouds function. They'll act more like stock cargo bays, and shield everything placed within them from aero and heat. Parts are bigger, customizable (if firespitter ends up working) and be easier on memory (if that even matters anymore with x64). All in all, hopefully a little less fiddly and a lot more fun.

Whoa, thats some sexy stuff right there!

14 hours ago, Mordrehl said:

Good god US2 looks nice ... and I already loved the original ... and i'm in same boat as Raven ... wait for US2 or start when US gets updated

Prob wait for the patch and start with US1 - US2 is gonna be a while yet.

11 hours ago, TK421d said:

Whoa, thats some sexy stuff right there!

:)

This is probably a hugely inapprorpiate time to ask as you're all fiendishly busy with 1.2 (a fact for which I am profoundly grateful as this is a completely necessary mod IMO), but...

I particularly like the 4 wedges = 1.25m, 6 wedges = 2.5m, 8 wedges = 3.75m maths - very elegant.

Any chance that 5 wedges = 1.875m, and if so, any chance of a 1.875m core in US2 for those of us who use a 1.875m mod?

39 minutes ago, Boots said:

This is probably a hugely inapprorpiate time to ask as you're all fiendishly busy with 1.2 (a fact for which I am profoundly grateful as this is a completely necessary mod IMO), but...

I particularly like the 4 wedges = 1.25m, 6 wedges = 2.5m, 8 wedges = 3.75m maths - very elegant.

Any chance that 5 wedges = 1.875m, and if so, any chance of a 1.875m core in US2 for those of us who use a 1.875m mod?

Soo.... you mean change what we have (1.25m = 4;  1.875m = 6;  2.5m = 8;) to a different scale (1.875m = 5;  2.5m = 6)? Or have you got things mixed up? Cause we currently have a 1.875m core for that exact purpose (Tantares I think it was) but it houses six wedges instead of five.

oFp5LNz.png

Or are you using tweakscale? Could explain it.

3 hours ago, Daishi said:

Soo.... you mean change what we have (1.25m = 4;  1.875m = 6;  2.5m = 8;) to a different scale (1.875m = 5;  2.5m = 6)? Or have you got things mixed up? Cause we currently have a 1.875m core for that exact purpose (Tantares I think it was) but it houses six wedges instead of five.

I think of the two options, I have things confused.

I had literally never noticed that the six-wedge core was 1.875m - I'd only ever used the 4 and 8 wedge core.

Apologies, as you were!

Edited by Boots

I just noticed: Are the US2 cores equipped with either a tank or a transfer conduit? So if you have them places you don't need to go, you can carry extra fuel? That would be an excellent addition to an already marvelous mod. US forms the core of my utility section, providing life support, battery compartments, science bays of all kinds with Dmagic Orbital Science, KIS containers for SEP, and everything else I need to bring along. The long bays of US2 looks tall enough to hold a cube probe core, something that I have been wanting to do in a while.

However, on balancing the mod I wonder about the monoprop wedge. It is rather heavy for the amount of monoprop it holds, so I never use it. Would you consider upping the amount to somewhere near the same dry to wet ratio as radial monoprop tanks.

And a suggestion: Eventually, a 150 to 200 unit battery wedge would save my the trouble of building it every time.

Yep, the mod'll be bundled with interstellar fuel switch to give you that option of fuel on the larger parts.

And because the shrouds are seperate now, the weight of the wedge parts are going to go down so there's likely going to be better balancing. Saying that, they'll be more fragile too, so keep them covered (or use the parts on non-atmospheric landers) :)

And yep, we've got a battery wedge coming.

On 10/4/2016 at 5:11 AM, keyspace said:

@Paul Kingtiger there are two Sabatier reactors showing in the tech tree and parts list due to a stray copy under Elektron. The full path is

GameData/UniversalStorage/Parts/US_1P120_Wedge_Elektron/US_1P130_Wedge_Sabatier

This is  present in the 

Universal_Storage-1.1.0.15.zip

linked in the original post ATM.

Thanks, will be fixed in 1.2 release

1 hour ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Good News Everyone!

Universal Storage will be updated to 1.2 later today (Saturday), everything is working well I just need to update the bulk of the parts .cfg files to use the new module.

All hail the modmakers!  Can't wait.  1.2 is getting closer and closer to a "playable" release by my definition.  Fewer and fewer pages to religiously F5 on :D  Awesome work gentlemen, and greatly appreciated (as I said before).

Universal Storage 1.2.0.1 for KSP 1.2

This is compatibility update for KSP

Change log on Spacedock, but in brief:

• Updated CRP and Module Manager
  • Fixed Sabatier duplicate bug
  • Animations use new stock module
  • AVC compatible due to popular demand

Tested with Stock KSP and with Dmagic Orbital Science, everything else should work as well, let me know if it doesn't.

Download at Space Dock, or my OneDrive

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.