Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Just asking - are parts placed inside the empty storage sections meant to be shielded from drag while inside with doors closed? They’re not (in my testing, with minimal mods) but I’m honestly not sure what the intended behavior should be in this case

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

Just asking - are parts placed inside the empty storage sections meant to be shielded from drag while inside with doors closed? They’re not (in my testing, with minimal mods) but I’m honestly not sure what the intended behavior should be in this case

Nope - it's why we're making a revamp :wink:

Aero and drag occulsion came to the stock game well after Universal Storage was released, so our parts don't really have the code\capability to work as true service bays. It was going to be such a massive job to fix it, so we decided to redo everything instead. 

19 hours ago, Daishi said:

Nope - it's why we're making a revamp :wink:

Aero and drag occulsion came to the stock game well after Universal Storage was released, so our parts don't really have the code\capability to work as true service bays. It was going to be such a massive job to fix it, so we decided to redo everything instead. 

I did not realize you guys were doing a full reboot.  How is that coming along?

3 hours ago, Smurfalot said:

I did not realize you guys were doing a full reboot.  How is that coming along?

Very well, thanks! Pop over to the development thread here if you want, I try and get new stuff done every week :)

AlGd0wu.gif

MyHnbp7.gif

mID48Qd.png

H2iKnoX.png

zu0RbLq.png
7le962K.png

y9Gvjy6.png

2 hours ago, Daishi said:

Very well, thanks! Pop over to the development thread here if you want, I try and get new stuff done every week :)

MyHnbp7.gif

*in an as seen on tv showman's voice* ever want to make a high speed balls to the wall reentry with an apollo? well now you can! introducing the universal storage apollo stowage nose cone! inside you can fit up to 8 radial drogue chutes, and thats not all..it comes factory standard with built in aerobraking!

Bluedog Design Bureau and Universal Storage disclaim any warranties expressed, implied or otherwise regarding the use of our fine outstanding products, user assumes all risk and responsibility.
use at your own risk.

Edited by RaiderMan

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to suggest an improvement, for your consideration.

When I put water filter into the octo adapter, I noticed that all components looks kinda the same from outside. It would be nice if each part had a small unique decal (texture) on it, so that user can differentiate between those by just looking. I worked around it by just attaching radial water tank onto water purifier, etc.

11 hours ago, Geonovast said:

This is one of my top mods, I just love it!  The reboot looks incredible!

Just curious, I see you have taller tanks for stacked cores.  Any chance there's going to be multi-core KIS containers?

Everything (barring the fuel cells and recyclers) will be meshswitchable up to 4x high, KIS parts included :)

On 11/17/2017 at 5:20 PM, agrock said:

I would like to suggest an improvement, for your consideration.

When I put water filter into the octo adapter, I noticed that all components looks kinda the same from outside. It would be nice if each part had a small unique decal (texture) on it, so that user can differentiate between those by just looking. I worked around it by just attaching radial water tank onto water purifier, etc.

Development's stopped on this mod in favor of Universal Storage's total revamp, but we're still looking into ways to properly ID parts that are hidden away. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 6:19 PM, Daishi said:

Development's stopped on this mod in favor of Universal Storage's total revamp, but we're still looking into ways to properly ID parts that are hidden away. 

Is there a thread for the revamp I'm not seeing, or is dev on the revamp suspended?

Also curious if it's possible to include support for Deep Freeze's glykerol in the revamp.

• 3 weeks later...

New Version Released

Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 for KSP 1.4 is released.

There are no changes to the mod since the last release.

The download on SpaceDock includes the latest versions of Community Resource Pack and Module Manager and the AVC file has been updated to 1.4

As always, if you find any issues please let me know here.

Edited by Paul Kingtiger

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, DracoSilverpath said:

Love the mod! Question though, is there any way to remove a particular module? I'm wanting to remove the science modules (ones with thermometer, etc) as my game is getting overly cluttered, but those ones don't seem to be listed in the parts folder, but are ingame...

If you're getting that cluttered, take a look at

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

If you're getting that cluttered, take a look at

Yes I do have that, that doesn't solve my issue. The parts in CTT are not unlocking at the same nodes as the normal versions, and thus are generating in contracts, which in turn clutters up my contracts with things i'm not really wanting to use at the moment either. Its a bit of a cascading effect really.

I am having a CTT tech tree problem with this mod and DMAGIC orbital science. The universal storage variant's of the tech aren't in the same node, or even branch of the tree. Like the Univ. GOREsat is in actuators, and the Univ. Orbital telescope is in specialized construction, when the normal telescope is in advanced exploration. Is this weird mismatch a bug? And is there a patch or fix?

10 hours ago, cooltot said:

I am having a CTT tech tree problem with this mod and DMAGIC orbital science. The universal storage variant's of the tech aren't in the same node, or even branch of the tree. Like the Univ. GOREsat is in actuators, and the Univ. Orbital telescope is in specialized construction, when the normal telescope is in advanced exploration. Is this weird mismatch a bug? And is there a patch or fix?

I think that's actually something you need to bring up in that thread - the experiments are in that mod, not this one, IIRC.

2 hours ago, cooltot said:

The experiments for this mod are the reconfigured versions of that mod under a new part, so the contract node's setting would be under this mod, which needs to be set to match.

DMagic sets the tech tree nodes for his Universal Storage parts in his mod. They are his parts, they just don't happen to load unless you have US installed.

His reasoning behind node placement is that there are already too many parts in science nodes.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.