Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Something in .24 it seems, broke the module manager config for the latest version of US. If you comment out the delete lines it works fine. Apparently works great in .23.5

Could you say exactly what should be commented out? I'm not great with MM.

What OS and version are you using? I've been testing on Windows 7 64bit and KSP 64bit.

Also what version of module manager? I've tested with 2.1.5, which is packaged with the mod.

If you haven't, could you try module manager 2.2 and let me know how you get on.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-1-5-6-%28Jan-6%29

Windows 7 x64 and KSP x64. I tried switching out MM 2.1.5 and MM 2.2 a few times to see if it was just a bad version but it didn't solve until I pulled US completely out.

Could you say exactly what should be commented out? I'm not great with MM.

sure make it look like this

//	Universal Storage Module Manage Config File 0.7
// Core Pack

// *******************************************************
// This adds the three resources required by Universal Storage
// It also renames duplicate resources from other mods to prevent duplicates
// Resource Definition

// Creates the Oxygen resource
// Mol: O2
// State: Gas at STP
// Units: Liter
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Oxygen
density = 0.000001429
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USOxygen
}

// Renames other resources called Oxygen
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Oxygen]:HAS[~tag[USOxygen]]
// {
// @name = OxygenDELETED
// }
//
// Creates the Hydrogen resource
// Mol: H2
// State: Gas at STP
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Hydrogen
density = 0.0000000899
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USHydrogen
}

// Renames other resources called Hydrogen
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Hydrogen]:HAS[~tag[USHydrogen]]
// {
// @name = HydrogenDELETED
// }
//
// Creates the Water resource
// Mol: H2O
// State: Liquid at STP
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Water
density = 0.001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = true
tag = USWater
}

// Renames other resources called Water
//@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Water]:HAS[~tag[USWater]]
// {
// @name = WaterDELETED
// }

Getting a really wierd bug with this. Sorry I cant give any more details other than reporting it. Wonder if anyone else is getting this but when I install US and I take a kerbal EVA The kerbal reproduces itself inside the pod and I can not get back in because it is now occupied by the clone. I am not sure if it is messing with my TAC mod or something like that. It also automatically switches back to the capsule and I have to tab to the kerbal which is on EVA.

Getting a really wierd bug with this. Sorry I cant give any more details other than reporting it. Wonder if anyone else is getting this but when I install US and I take a kerbal EVA The kerbal reproduces itself inside the pod and I can not get back in because it is now occupied by the clone. I am not sure if it is messing with my TAC mod or something like that. It also automatically switches back to the capsule and I have to tab to the kerbal which is on EVA.

I'm unable to recreate that bug with just TAC LS and US installed. Do you have any other mods?

Ok did a lot of testing last night installing and uninstalling mods and files to try to track down where the issue was. As far as I can tell it was due to running an updated version of module manager 2.2.0 which was provided with a different mod I am using. When I put in the 2.1.5 version that you are using with this mod the problem went away and I am no longer getting a duplicate kerbal inside the ship when I go EVA. I hope this helps with fixing the problem and maybe gives a bit more direction. I am going to run with the 2.1.5 version to see it it gives me any issues with my game because I really love the models that you have and they do look so useful especially when using FAR where aerodynamics matter. Keep up the great mods and I am looking forward to getting my hands on those new TAC parts :)

Ok did a lot of testing last night installing and uninstalling mods and files to try to track down where the issue was. As far as I can tell it was due to running an updated version of module manager 2.2.0 which was provided with a different mod I am using. When I put in the 2.1.5 version that you are using with this mod the problem went away and I am no longer getting a duplicate kerbal inside the ship when I go EVA. I hope this helps with fixing the problem and maybe gives a bit more direction. I am going to run with the 2.1.5 version to see it it gives me any issues with my game because I really love the models that you have and they do look so useful especially when using FAR where aerodynamics matter. Keep up the great mods and I am looking forward to getting my hands on those new TAC parts :)

Interesting, I'm running 2.2 here as well. It does seem that a lot of the way the game handles resources has changed in a way that makes a difference if you're using module manager to tweak things. Squad don't release detailed release notes for modders though so it's hard to tell what's going on under the hood.

Let me know how you get on with 2.1.5, although I'm just about to release an updated version that might solve your problems with 2.2

Version 7.52 released

This small update should fix the resources issues people have been having. It seems to be caused by changes in 0.24 and the way resources are handled. I've fixed everything as far and 30 minutes of testing has allowed.

I've also thrown in some balance tweaks to liquid fuel and monoprop capacities and the weight of all parts.

The downside is that I've had to remove oxygen from the EVAx due to the expanding icon in the VAB bug (this is in KSP and beyond my control). I don't have time to fix this right now but will do so as soon as I can.

Download the updated version is www.kingtiger.co.uk as usual.

I'm off on a camping trip now (like right now!) and back on Sunday night. Hopefully the fix will be good enough until then, sorry to run out on you guys, I really hate leaving a job half done.

An chance you could point me in some direction to get MM 2.1.5 as the only version I can find is 2.2.0 and I would love to see if this fixes things for me as well, until a proper fix is made live (not being impatient as I have a few other issues that this might solve as well). I would be ever so grateful :D

I'm off on a camping trip now (like right now!) and back on Sunday night. Hopefully the fix will be good enough until then, sorry to run out on you guys, I really hate leaving a job half done.

Enjoy your camping trip!

Edited by Liowen

An chance you could point me in some direction to get MM 2.1.5 as the only version I can find is 2.2.0 and I would love to see if this fixes things for me as well, until a proper fix is made live (not being impatient as I have a few other issues that this might solve as well). I would be ever so grateful :D

Enjoy your camping trip!

I'm heading to bed myself, but I can link you a copy of the older MM file tomorrow if you think it will help. And yes, enjoy yourself Paul! You probably need a weekend escape from all this 0.24 compatibility madness :P

I'm heading to bed myself, but I can link you a copy of the older MM file tomorrow if you think it will help. And yes, enjoy yourself Paul! You probably need a weekend escape from all this 0.24 compatibility madness :P

Actually the update seems to have took care of the issue with EVA and TAC so it is all good now, in fact I just shot Jeb around Mun for the first time with life support and DE and he lived! I do love this mod as it keep everything nice and neat, cannot wait to see the TAC pack and what kind of bays are offered up.

I'm noticing a small little bug with door's state when a vessel is loaded, both in the VAB or in flight.

If you toggle the doors open and then switch to another scene (i.e. back to Space to KSC, or VAB to Launch Pad) and then reload the vessel, the doors model appears closed, but when you right-click on a compartment, you see the option to close them. Clicking on it causes the doors to jump to their open position and then play the closing animation.

I'm noticing a small little bug with door's state when a vessel is loaded, both in the VAB or in flight.

If you toggle the doors open and then switch to another scene (i.e. back to Space to KSC, or VAB to Launch Pad) and then reload the vessel, the doors model appears closed, but when you right-click on a compartment, you see the option to close them. Clicking on it causes the doors to jump to their open position and then play the closing animation.

Yeah, I've noticed that issue from the start of the mod... Isn't really a big deal... A bit irritating maybe, but nothing else...

A couple of compartments I would like to see is a food, water, and oxygen all in one, a co2 to o2 recycler, and maybe a solid waste tank. The first two are semi self explanatory but last one might need a bit of explaining. The first part of the solid waste tank is just a basic tank, however there would be a second component to it for clearing it out. I could have a pump, or vent, that takes a good amount of power to cycle through as it empties (or maybe it has to be jettisoned and replace via KAS). As for the three in one quarter pack it could take the water and oxygen values cut by â…“ so that the last 3rd would be food. A sillier one would be to hae something that takes solid waste and turns it to food, but that might be a bit sick LOL. Just thoughts I had this morning when I fired Jeb at Mun and loaded u too much in the life support area (he could have stayed out there for 70+ days in a small one man pod).

A couple of compartments I would like to see is a food, water, and oxygen all in one, a co2 to o2 recycler, and maybe a solid waste tank. The first two are semi self explanatory but last one might need a bit of explaining. The first part of the solid waste tank is just a basic tank, however there would be a second component to it for clearing it out. I could have a pump, or vent, that takes a good amount of power to cycle through as it empties (or maybe it has to be jettisoned and replace via KAS). As for the three in one quarter pack it could take the water and oxygen values cut by â…“ so that the last 3rd would be food. A sillier one would be to hae something that takes solid waste and turns it to food, but that might be a bit sick LOL. Just thoughts I had this morning when I fired Jeb at Mun and loaded u too much in the life support area (he could have stayed out there for 70+ days in a small one man pod).

I'm pretty sure all of this is planned with the TAC release for this mod...

Was using 0.751, and was unable to use symmetry mode, which in turn creates some issues with trying to add radial parts with some symmetry and keeping the rocket properly balanced.

Yeah, we can't seem to get symettry to work properly. Just keep an eye on your craft's center of mass, and use tanks with heavy contents (like water) as tweakable ballast.

Yeah, that's a limitation of our animation plugin. If we find one that lets us do layered animation that also fixes those kinds of bugs, i'll probably switch sometime. Firespitter may be an option, but i'm not super concerned at this stage. At least its not the structure :)

Actually the update seems to have took care of the issue with EVA and TAC so it is all good now, in fact I just shot Jeb around Mun for the first time with life support and DE and he lived! I do love this mod as it keep everything nice and neat, cannot wait to see the TAC pack and what kind of bays are offered up.

Good to know! All props to Paul for fixing it as fast as he did - Squad kinda leaves everyone in the dark with these updates. But they're waaay to busy to worry about modder documentation at this stage so its all understandable.

I've just tried to use the Elektron for the first time and while it'll enthusiastically drink up my ElectricCharge it's not showing any interest in water nor is it producing any hydrogen or oxygen.

Make sure you're running the latest version 0.752 (the fixes Paul did concerning resource use). It works fine on my end, but only on 50x time acceleration. I think Squad may have tweaked KSP resource use so small decimal places are ignored in real time play.

I'm pretty sure all of this is planned with the TAC release for this mod...

Yep, most of that is coming to the TAC pack, except the all-in-one part. Most short flights only need whats in the capsule, and due to the way resources are consumed at different rates (and by different things), larger all-in-one parts eventually become a liability in dead weight. Keeping things dedicated to one resource, and hot-swappable, means you can pull out old empty containers and replace them when needed. Interesting idea about penalising people for venting waste with electric charge, will have to pass that on to Paul :)

Yep, most of that is coming to the TAC pack, except the all-in-one part. Most short flights only need whats in the capsule, and due to the way resources are consumed at different rates (and by different things), larger all-in-one parts eventually become a liability in dead weight. Keeping things dedicated to one resource, and hot-swappable, means you can pull out old empty containers and replace them when needed. Interesting idea about penalising people for venting waste with electric charge, will have to pass that on to Paul :)

Ah didn't know what ideas were in for TAC pack and figured I'd toss it out there and see if anything stuck. I dunno if it is possible to do the venting idea, I was thinking something like fuel balancer (I think that is the mod anyways) that lets you "dump" fuel out that isn't needed. I could be wrong on that but I swear I have seen it done somewhere in KSP, or maybe I was dreaming, and felt it should need a bit of electric charge to push things out against the vacuum of space trying to get into the tank. You could even put a sound to it like a flushing toilet, ok now I am just being silly LOL.

for some reason, 4-wedge decoupler wont show on stage list in vab. i tested it on 32 bit.

These things? They seriously broke Mechjeb and Kerbal Engineer, so we had to remove the decouple functionality. They're essentially cosmetic now, but if you want to re-enable them there are instructions in their .cfg files :)

The downside is that I've had to remove oxygen from the EVAx due to the expanding icon in the VAB bug (this is in KSP and beyond my control). I don't have time to fix this right now but will do so as soon as I can.

...Damn, they still didn't fix it?...

Anyway, there's http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63109-0-23-Modulefixer which does sidestep it, you could use the same method.

EDIT: Yep, Modulefixer still works.

Edited by Mihara

These things? They seriously broke Mechjeb and Kerbal Engineer, so we had to remove the decouple functionality. They're essentially cosmetic now, but if you want to re-enable them there are instructions in their .cfg files :)

...They don't break MechJeb if you don't connect them to the top of the rocket with the bottom node. ^^;

...They don't break MechJeb if you don't connect them to the top of the rocket with the bottom node. ^^;

Shhh, that was my excuse to remodel them! Seriously though, they're a pain to connect because those nodes are so close together, and i've got much more ambitious plans for their successors later on down the track in 0.9. They'll be disappearing soon :)

I'm still having that issue with US preventing MM to load. I'll try to get you output logs for launching both with US and without to see if you want to try and pick at it.

Sure, i'll see what i can make of it. Are you using the 0.752 version?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.