Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Make sure you're running the latest version 0.752 (the fixes Paul did concerning resource use). It works fine on my end, but only on 50x time acceleration. I think Squad may have tweaked KSP resource use so small decimal places are ignored in real time play.

Ah, I'd not appreciated the miniscule values involved.

Having built a massive test rig (10 Elektons and a shedload of gigantor solar panels) I can confirm that it is working after all, but only at x50 or faster. In fact, in 32 days I managed to convert 4 full water blocks into 2321 oxygen and 4642 hydrogen.

I would have created more oxygen and hydrogen if the Elektrons didn't still consume water at the same rate during night time when there was no electric charge available to power the conversion. It seems you have to run at X50 or faster AND switch the generators off every night when there's no power (or have the solar panels in perpetual sunlight) to get the most from your H2O.

Edited by Lionel_de_Lion
(four water blocks, not one)

Having built a massive test rig (10 Elektons and a shedload of gigantor solar panels) I can confirm that it is working after all, but only at x50 or faster. In fact, in 32 days I managed to convert a full water block into 2321 oxygen and 4642 hydrogen.

I would have created more oxygen and hydrogen if the Elektrons didn't still consume water at the same rate during night time when there was no electric charge available to power the conversion. It seems you have to run at X50 or faster AND switch the generators off every night when there's no power (or have the solar panels in perpetual sunlight) to get the most from your H2O.

Huh, it should really stop consuming water too, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out! And yeah they're quite cool (and power hungry) machines, gives you an excellent excuse to have a massive solar array on your space stations :)

Huh, it should really stop consuming water too, didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out! And yeah they're quite cool (and power hungry) machines, gives you an excellent excuse to have a massive solar array on your space stations :)

All it needs in a stack of 60 Z-4K batteries to leave a single Elektron running overnight, and it'll convert a full water block in under 94 Kerbin days.

I've also learned that a stack of 60 Z-4K batteries makes a really big explosion when you switch back to x1 and physics kicks in. :-)

I've also learned that a stack of 60 Z-4K batteries makes a really big explosion when you switch back to x1 and physics kicks in. :-)

lol

needless to say that i really love thoose parts and there polyvalences potentials (oops' date=' i said it ;) want more ;)

amazing work arond the models and textures btw.[/quote']

Thankyou very much! Modelling TAC parts as we speak :)

I'm struggling to get the parts to stick together. I can line them up perfectly and they still won't stick. First time using this mod so I don't know if its a .24 problem but yea, I have to spend a few mins every time hovering to get the parts in & even then sometimes it doesn't work.

I'm struggling to get the parts to stick together. I can line them up perfectly and they still won't stick. First time using this mod so I don't know if its a .24 problem but yea, I have to spend a few mins every time hovering to get the parts in & even then sometimes it doesn't work.

This is something I struggled with for a long time in stock KSP with the docking clamp. I don't know how it works out for radial-ish things like US wedges, but the easiest way to see it is to just make a basic rocket and look directly into the node as you try to add something to the stack; it's won't snap together, just wander around the surface. If you rotate your view toward looking perpendicularly to the node, they'll pop right together.

Long story short, try jangling your camera about.

Speaking of modeling...

...Why is there no straight up wedge battery? :)

This seems kind-of superfluous. We already have three very good in-line batteries, the largest of which is very thin, looks fine, and has a very high capacity. And for other situations you can always stuff the radially attached batteries into an empty bay.

Changelog

19th July 2014 - Version 0.752

Oxygen temporarily removed from EVAx due to expanding VAB icon bug in KAP</li>

I have had this occour on a number of different parts that I have tried to tweak myself, usually adding an extra resource.

What causes it? Is there any pattern as to why it happens sometimes and not others?

I usually end up directly editing the part file if a MM script causes this. Sometimes that cures it, sometimes it doesnt.

dont think u need a wedge battery. there tons of battery types out there. right now getting the tac stuff iw what i want. i went theru and modifed the eclss one to use tac stuff so i can use it.

as u guys do the tac stuff thou remember the oxy tank in the usa core has 21k oxy in it so its way to much so might either balance it or push it farther down the tech line

It's also worth keeping in mind that creating one type of wedge means not creating or delaying another type. And considering the overall desire not to create part bloat more than necessary there are good reasons why not to make new parts when existing versions function very well.

For what it's worth, if you multiply all the "rate" values for input and output (and. of course, the Elektron's mass) by 15 then the Elektron works happily at X1 speed. I tried multiplying by 12.5 but that wasn't enough.

Having 15 separate Elektrons doesn't have the same effect (other than using up the Electric Charge). I've not experimented with multiples between 12.5 and 15 to see where the exact sweet spot is.

Hi, i installed US, and the modules showed up. BUT i miss the parts where i put this parts from the science site in. They are nowhere...

.......damn...i am stupid...nevermind...neeed new glasses.......

Problem was between the ears, sorry

Edited by Nowater

...Damn, they still didn't fix it?...

Anyway, there's http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63109-0-23-Modulefixer which does sidestep it, you could use the same method.

EDIT: Yep, Modulefixer still works.

I know right! What I want to do is work out what code modulefixer adds to the part to prevent a bug so I can just include that code, saves you downloading another mod. WHat's this space!

Having built a massive test rig (10 Elektons and a shedload of gigantor solar panels) I can confirm that it is working after all, but only at x50 or faster. In fact, in 32 days I managed to convert 4 full water blocks into 2321 oxygen and 4642 hydrogen.

The Elektron should stop using water if there is now power. I'll look into why that's doing that.

As for the rate, everything is balanced regarding the power and water vs output. I then set the throttle so you wouldn't need a crazy amount of power to run it. I'll take a look at boosting it up a little and also check it is working at x1 (like it should!)

The Elektron should stop using water if there is now power. I'll look into why that's doing that.

As for the rate, everything is balanced regarding the power and water vs output. I then set the throttle so you wouldn't need a crazy amount of power to run it. I'll take a look at boosting it up a little and also check it is working at x1 (like it should!)

Extensive fiddling with the part.cfg file tells me that as long as the Elektron is taking water at a rate > 0.0005 then it'll work at x1 speed. I tried multiplying all the rate values by 15 but that meant the device needed 330 Electricity/second and was producing 0.672 litres of hydrogen and 0.336 litres of oxygen per second. That seems a little on the high side. For now, I've changed my part.cfg to use 0.00054 litres of water but left the electric, hydrogen and oxygen rates unchanged. It's 15 times less efficient but (if my calculations are correct) I'm still getting 82.3/41.5 litres of hydrogen/oxygen from each litre of water processed that this seems like a good deal.

If I had to guess, I'm guessing I've found an undocumented feature :D

Running 64 bit KSP, I've found the QuadCore a little... less than I expected

k12hxx.png

I'm assuming it's not supposed to fit inside a basic girder?

I thought the drawers would go inside, based on the website pics. Or do the drawers just attach around the core and sorta hang loose?

Edited - Nevermind: PEBKAC. I see how it works now. Protip to self - watch the video in first post and you'll be less likely to suffer rectal-cranial inversion :D

Edited by falcon2000

Extensive fiddling with the part.cfg file tells me that as long as the Elektron is taking water at a rate > 0.0005 then it'll work at x1 speed. I tried multiplying all the rate values by 15 but that meant the device needed 330 Electricity/second and was producing 0.672 litres of hydrogen and 0.336 litres of oxygen per second. That seems a little on the high side. For now, I've changed my part.cfg to use 0.00054 litres of water but left the electric, hydrogen and oxygen rates unchanged. It's 15 times less efficient but (if my calculations are correct) I'm still getting 82.3/41.5 litres of hydrogen/oxygen from each litre of water processed that this seems like a good deal.

Yep, I'm finding the same. I'm looking at solutions but each has drawbacks.

Yep, I'm finding the same. I'm looking at solutions but each has drawbacks.

This is going to wreck precise resource consumption,and lifesupport in general, isn't it? Squaaad. :|

I'm having a bug, with the safety decoupler and the quad core; when I add the wedges to it, they clip through the cool arrow bits. Am I adding things in the wrong order, or is my decoupler not rotated properly or something?

Its because they're so thin and clip through the opposite node, I can barely attach them properly myself. They're going to get remade soon.

EDIT: Either that, or it's just because the 1.25m\quadcore version is a scaled down copy of the larger 2.5m one. Just laziness on my behalf :P

Edited by Daishi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.