Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

Hi all, anybody know how to fix te bug for "Universa Storage Resources: Oxygen", this part don't contain oxygen, this contain monopropelant.

Help anybody

You have 1 of their test .cfg files installed that replaces the oxygen with mono check your install folder for the mod.

I have a clean install of the latest version of the mod

Dang I'm not sure then. I saw someone else post this exact issue before in some other thread that I have been unable to locate. Whatever the case what other mods do you have. Something is doing it via a mm.cfg file somewhere so just a matter of finding it.

Hello there. Love the mod but seem to got a problem with it. Has anyone else got the problem that when you take the core thing that you attach the wedges to to put it on the ship the top node would all of a sudden disappear after you click to attach it to the other peice but yet the core still attach to the mouse and moves around till you click again then is set at that spot and can't be moved again? Is there anyway to fix that? Because as soon as it does that the other parts start acting like it with their attachment points disappearing after you click to attach it and the only way to reset it in game is to trash the entire ship. but the problem persist if you try putting that core stack in again.

Pics: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dragonhome/screenshots/

Edited by silverdragon41

Hi all, anybody know how to fix te bug for "Universa Storage Resources: Oxygen", this part don't contain oxygen, this contain monopropelant.

Help anybody

If you look in GameData you'll find a folder called UniversalStorage MDK this contains examples of how to mod Universal Storage and is not supposed to be installed.

If you delete the folder then you'll be all set. If in doubt check the included installation instructions, it'll tell you exactly what should and shouldn't be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Will the storage devices be updated from the old KAS system to KIS's drag and drop system?

Absolutely! I need to do some testing on this, but we will be moving over.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there. Love the mod but seem to got a problem with it. Has anyone else got the problem that when you take the core thing that you attach the wedges to to put it on the ship the top node would all of a sudden disappear after you click to attach it to the other peice but yet the core still attach to the mouse and moves around till you click again then is set at that spot and can't be moved again? Is there anyway to fix that? Because as soon as it does that the other parts start acting like it with their attachment points disappearing after you click to attach it and the only way to reset it in game is to trash the entire ship. but the problem persist if you try putting that core stack in again.

I've never seen anything like this before, what other mods do you have installed and which version of KSP?

I have seen this before, it's been a fairly rare bug for me, thankfully, but not limited to this mod, I've encountered it on wholly stock games. it 'seems' to have something to do with KSP remembering this node was connected here, but refusing to reset it, if you move the part later.

I have seen this before, it's been a fairly rare bug for me, thankfully, but not limited to this mod, I've encountered it on wholly stock games. it 'seems' to have something to do with KSP remembering this node was connected here, but refusing to reset it, if you move the part later.

This actually came from tweaking another mod. tweakscale I had deleted the cfgs because only needed the plugin to make the infernal robotic mod to work. But that seem to have then broken this mod as soon as the cfgs were back in it works fine.

If you look in GameData you'll find a folder called UniversalStorage MDK this contains examples of how to mod Universal Storage and is not supposed to be installed.

If you delete the folder then you'll be all set. If in doubt check the included installation instructions, it'll tell you exactly what should and shouldn't be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely! I need to do some testing on this, but we will be moving over.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen anything like this before, what other mods do you have installed and which version of KSP?

I am using the .90 32 bit version of ksp. But found the problem was with tweakscale. I had deleted the cfgs in that mod because only needed the plugin to have the infernal robotic mod to work properly. But doing that apparently broke this mod. Once the cfgs were replace back in tweakscale the mod works fine. So its fine now.

While working on mod integration for the SETI-BalanceMod I once again hit the ec definition bump.

Too many mods with different ec assumptions, so I asked in the CommunityResourcePack-Thread about an effort to standardize it, any input from you guys is very welcome!

US is balanced against the stock solar panels, which is where we got the 33w = 1EC from. A lot of the other mods use 1EC = 1Kw, but if we balance US against that then the solar panels are massively overpowered against the US fuel cell and so there's never a reason to use the cell rather than the panels. I'm all for a standardization for EC and I'm happy to use 1EC - 1Kw but if we do that we need to balance the stock assets to match that or it's not going to work.

With Squad in the process of balancing everything for 1.0 it probably makes sense to wait until they've finished then work from there.

US is balanced against the stock solar panels, which is where we got the 33w = 1EC from. A lot of the other mods use 1EC = 1Kw, but if we balance US against that then the solar panels are massively overpowered against the US fuel cell and so there's never a reason to use the cell rather than the panels. I'm all for a standardization for EC and I'm happy to use 1EC - 1Kw but if we do that we need to balance the stock assets to match that or it's not going to work.

With Squad in the process of balancing everything for 1.0 it probably makes sense to wait until they've finished then work from there.

Ah, good to know.

But I think I will rebalance it before 1.0 anyway.

SETI provides something like a controlled environment, so it could work like a lab experiment testing how everything would work together with a standardized 1EC/s = 1kW = 1kJ/s.

And it would not require everyone to shift at the same time to avoid issues, since I could control all parts with mm statements.

And when it works out, those changes could then filter back into the original mods, if there is sufficient community commitment for a broad acceptance.

For that purpose I will rebalance many of the formulae of US per mm statements, based on the ec definition difference factor of 30.3 compared to the 1ec/s = 1kW and gameplay needs.

Thank you!

I've just started a new game and am building a station. I want to a) keep the Fuel Cell 'running' as a back-up electric generator, and B) have the Elektron running (all the time) to top up my oxygen supply. Without some resource-level triggered conversions (or kOS script?) I've got a recipe for keeping the station warm... I'll have to engage the Elektron manually

The way the fuel cell is configured by default means it will unnecessarily eat through my O2 & H2 reserves. Short of putting dozens of batteries on the station, it's my best bet at keeping things powered for long periods in the dark.

I'm generally not fond of dumping anything that can be recycled, so I've also disallowed dumping of both excess electric charge and water with the following changes to the REGO_ModuleResourceConverter module of the Fuel Cell:

RecipeOutputs = ElectricCharge, 1.5, False, Water, 0.0000520721, False

I've made the following changes to the Elektron so that I can *optionally* vent excess H2 (in emergency situations):

MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceConverter
ConverterName = Water Electrolizer
StartActionName = Start Water Electrolizer
StopActionName = Stop Water Electrolizer
RecipeInputs = ElectricCharge, 14, Water, 0.0000176697
RecipeOutputs = Hydrogen, 0.0219907427, [COLOR="#0000FF"]False[/COLOR], Oxygen, 0.0109953713, False
}

[COLOR="#0000FF"]MODULE
{
name = REGO_ModuleResourceConverter
ConverterName = Vent Hydrogen
StartActionName = Open H2 Vent
StopActionName = Close H2 Vent
RecipeInputs = Hydrogen, 0.0219907427
RecipeOutputs =
}[/COLOR]

Please consider making changes so that resource-dumping is *optional* and not automatic.

Thanks

Hello Paul,

Have you considered changing the KAS containers into KIS or making a KIS one for compatibility.

Recently I switched from KAS to KIS and the way of moving and storing parts changed.

I am using your mod and it is great!

Many of my ships have use of the parts.

It just bothers me that now when I use KIS containers the KAS container you are using does not feel nice, neither I can put the KIS container on the place if I remove it. You get my point.

Hope we can get KIS variation soon, because I did read that the developer will change the KAS containers into KIS variation in next update of KAS.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work !

Hi Mapoko,

I'm glad you are enjoying the mod. We're absolutely going to change over to KIS in the next release. As experimentals have been announced for 1.0 I'm going to wait for release, that way I can update everything in one push. However if KAS is updated before then I will release earlier.

The way the fuel cell is configured by default means it will unnecessarily eat through my O2 & H2 reserves. Short of putting dozens of batteries on the station, it's my best bet at keeping things powered for long periods in the dark.

I'm generally not fond of dumping anything that can be recycled, so I've also disallowed dumping of both excess electric charge and water with the following changes to the REGO_ModuleResourceConverter module of the Fuel Cell:

RecipeOutputs = ElectricCharge, 1.5, False, Water, 0.0000520721, False

I just found the same thing when trying to set-up to run a water purifier on a planet. I wanted to have solar drive the 3 Elektron during the day and Fuel Cell run it at night. But when I tested with time warp etc I saw the Fuel Cell consumes H2 & O2 all the time even when there is no power draw. Will mdosogne's 'False' setting above mean the Fuel Cell will only run when there is an electric deficit? Are mod's internals going to track any of this when one is 'in' another ship? I'd like to set it up so it's steady state, but TAC will 'dirty' the water, so the purifier has to run, so the power...

I also noticed that if you ran 3 Elektron and 1 Fuel Cell in a cycle it destroys 0.02 water per 6 hours (just from desc in the VAB). Nothing is 100% efficient, but it seems to me you should have to top up energy rather than water.

I've only just started looking at this, but the parts looks great, and I'm intrigued with the mod the mod possibilities. Does anyone know a part one can use to pull O2, CO2, etc out of an appropriate atmosphere? so the US parts can 'transform' them?

The fuel cells are based on the ones used in Apollo and my understanding of those is that they couldn't be turned on or off during the mission (they could be turned off, but not back on again).

However it's an easy change and I'll include the code (commented out) in the next release for people who want auto throttling fuel cells.

The water leak sounds like a rounding error and I'll fix it in the next release, which will be shortly after KSP 1.0 comes out.

thanks Paul.

I'll look at the .cfg to try to figure out what to uncomment. It made sense for Apollo, but much more flexible the other way. Can you tell me how you expect it to act with multiple active ships and timewarp etc? If I'm using TAC and depending on it for life support then it has to 'work' like time was passing with night and day etc. Otherwise I could include the solar + elektron + fuel cells but not really use them but add a 'magic' power source (super RTG?) that is equivalent to what they should be able to deliver?

• 2 weeks later...

Having watched some of the 1.0 streams over the weekend, I'm going to be changing the following for universal storage:

• Processors to use the stock system rather than Regolith. Should be easy enough as they were both created by Roverdude.
  • I'll also look at changing the textures from .png to .dds, to improve the loading times.
  • Probably new tech tree nodes for parts, but I can see further tweaks needed here as I gain more experience with the new tree.
  • Some other balance tweaks for the parts, depending on how 1.0 looks.

I'm probably going to do this in the form of a few pre-releases for those who want to use US as soon as possible with a final version in a week or so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.