Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

I've been using Universal Storage in KSP 1.2.1 without issue except that KSP AVC-mini reports that it's "not compatible".
The mod itself works fine despite AVC-mini throwing a fit.

I usually only update a mod if it has a new version out (after I read its patch notes) or KSP has a major update (1.1 -> 1.2).
Hot-fix or minor patch (like KSP 1.2.1) updates usually don't break much unless it's specifically related to something that was changed in the patch notes, and if they break anything the stuff that was broken gets updated fairly quickly anyways (unless it was abandoned).

Regarding the drag thing in stock aero, the way I play means I never encountered this problem:
My orbital probes use US Quad-Cores to hold DMagic science experiments all the time, but they get launched inside a fairing so they don't get counted into the drag equation.
Larger stuff uses Octo-Cores, but by that point it's large enough that a little extra drag on the top of the rocket doesn't change things enough to cause problems.
Stuff that doesn't fit in either of those two categories has been launched from my Minmus base using Extraplanetary Launchpads, so it doesn't have drag to encounter in the first place.

I guess you could encounter the problem if you didn't/can't use fairings, but the solution is still pretty easy even if you don't have access to fairings: Add more fins, a reaction wheel, or an engine with more gimballing to take care of stability problems, and add a couple SRB's to the first stage to take care of reduced delta-V due to drag losses.

Edited by SciMan

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming this is 1.2.1 compatible, but since the info all says 1.2.0 CKAN will not list it for install.  if this is indeed 1.2.1 compatible can the info be changed for CKAN?

@mostlydave where did you see the version 2 stuff.  I do not see any links to the project anywhere.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I am assuming this is 1.2.1 compatible, but since the info all says 1.2.0 CKAN will not list it for install.  if this is indeed 1.2.1 compatible can the info be changed for CKAN?

Yes, it seems to be compatible, at least it does for me.  I have Universal Storage 1.2.0.1 showing up in, and installable by CKAN, in a KSP 1.2.1 game.

9 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

@mostlydave where did you see the version 2 stuff.  I do not see any links to the project anywhere.

2 pages back:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/68043-universal-storage-1201-for-ksp-12-15th-october-2016/&do=findComment&comment=2801111

Hey,

There seems to be a small bug with the Large Universal Storage Decoupler where it does not have any attachment nodes.

Now I don't have any experience with KSP modding, but it seems like the part config for it is missing it's attachment rules?
After copying the line ("attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0") out of the config file for the small decoupler (inside folder US_1D20_Wedge_Adapter_125) and pasting it the config for file for the large one (inside folder US_1D20_Wedge_Adapter_250) it seems to be fixed.

Thanks for all your work on the mod by the way, it quiet unexpectedly turned into one of my favorite part mods.

just dropped by the thread for the latest updates (AVC keeps shouting at me) and saw those sek-saay 2.0 bays. verra nice.

also, just a personal question, would you consider making drill/isru wedges so we can build fully independent landers?

some solar panel, radiator and antenna wedges wouldn't go amiss either (I'd ask for battery, but I saw you're making one already :) )

otherwise, I continue to give this 10/10 for 'hilariously useful, can't-live-without' mods.

Edit: It also just occurred to me that the Dmagic multi-spectral sensor gives SCANsat biome scanning, so adding some wedges for the altemetry sensors and resource scanner might be nice. I mean, I CAN do it now (the SAR array fits.... barely... as does the lowres, in a stack of Science bays, but.)

Edited by Mechtech

On 11/30/2016 at 11:58 AM, Malachi said:

Hey can anybody write me a step by step usage guide on the EVA-X?  I'm not sure how it is supposed to be used.  is it a backpack?  What does it do?

It's become a bit more fiddly since the move from KAS to KIS.  You pick it up then place it in your KIS inventory and equip it (Right click, Equip I think).

Without any other mods installed it'll give you more EVA fuel, but if you have life support mods installed it'll give you more LS resources (depending on what mods you have installed)

Universal Storage for KSP 1.2.2 released

Not a lot of changes here, updated module manager and fixed the large decoupler bug mentioned above.

Spacedock says it's for 1.2.1, but it works fine in 1.2.2 (Spacedock hasn't updated their KSP version list yet).

On 11/29/2016 at 11:02 PM, Vince_K said:

Hi 

I play with TAC LS and all my US food container turn into suplies container...I don't have any USI mod...someone can heip me?

Hello, I can't recreate this.  It sounds like you have an incomplete install / uninstall and Module Manager is picking up an other life support mod.  Make sure all old LS mods are removed from KSP.

5 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Hello, I can't recreate this.  It sounds like you have an incomplete install / uninstall and Module Manager is picking up an other life support mod.  Make sure all old LS mods are removed from KSP.

Ok thanks for your time I have to fix something elsewhere... I think I know where is it. thanks again

i was looking at the numbers of elektron and fule cell and the conversion rate is not the same

in elektron 1 H2O->2.002 H2+1.001 O2 compered to the 1->2+1 for the fule cell

for the elektron to have the same conversion rate as the fule cell

INPUT_RESOURCE
            {
                ResourceName = Water
                Ratio = 0.00001768883084
                FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
            }

or rounded to  same place as the source 0.0000176888

i know its nit piking but a day has lots of seconds and it will add over time

Edited by danielboro

un like ore->LF/OX/mono that is a complex set of reactions simplified to 1 click the breaking of H2O to H2 and O2 is simple and have the same mass in bout diractions
2H2+O2->2H2O and 2H2O->2H2+O2

im agenst the idea of losing mass in so simple a reaction

but you could be right, only the writer can say :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.