Universal Storage 1.4.0.0 (For KSP 1.4.x) 13th March 2018

Paul Kingtiger

31 minutes ago, LostOblivion said:

Why do the decoupler parts not have a decouple module on them, making them useless?

I think they used to work but changes to KSP broke them, and they're just in there so that saved craft using them can be loaded. ICBW.

re: EVA-X config (as well as all other parts having this entry)

equipSlot = jetpack
            equipMode = part
            equipSlot = <null>
            equipSkill = <null>

That last line..... what is <null> skill?  And if it is there to be used once a Kerbal has attained said skill, what are the requirements to attain it?

Or can we just remove this altogether as I have done and can now equip the pack (and other parts) in both sandbox and career?

thanks

I recently had an error code thrown by TweakScale, saying that the Universal Octocore had a duplicate Tweak Scale module. Would that be a tweakscale bug, or something with Universal Storage?

Edit: Specifically "US.1C20.Wedge.Octocore"

Edited by FirroSeranel

On 3/4/2017 at 6:57 PM, FirroSeranel said:

I recently had an error code thrown by TweakScale, saying that the Universal Octocore had a duplicate Tweak Scale module. Would that be a tweakscale bug, or something with Universal Storage?

Edit: Specifically "US.1C20.Wedge.Octocore"

I'll take a look.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/03/2017 at 4:13 PM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Hey @Paul Kingtiger, long time user of this mod and I really love it! Two quick questions:

1- any compatibility with Kerbalism in the works for this mod?
2- is there any availble info on US2?

Cheers!

1. It's compatible with kerbalism. 

2. Dunno what that is

@Paul Kingtiger I've been using your newly updated 64k together with universal storage and dmagic, There are some issues since universal storage goo observation and orbital telescope observation keeps prompting that experiments a re not safe to be carried out although I'm already in space. Could you have a look and see if this happens to you too? If you need more info please ask! Thanks a lot for your work!

• 3 weeks later...

Is this dead? The preview pics of version 2 looked great, I was really looking forward to building modular service modules, but there hasn't been much discussion here and the mod's website has been down for awhile

18 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

Is this dead? The preview pics of version 2 looked great, I was really looking forward to building modular service modules, but there hasn't been much discussion here and the mod's website has been down for awhile

Lack of a discussion, as a modder, is a good thing. It means people are content with what is available and there aren't any bugs. As for the website being down, it's not that big of a deal when there is a spacedock link in the OP

18 hours ago, Galileo said:

Lack of a discussion, as a modder, is a good thing. It means people are content with what is available and there aren't any bugs. As for the website being down, it's not that big of a deal when there is a spacedock link in the OP

@mostlydave @Galileo I think he means version 2.0 of Universal Storage here. The was a surge of awesome progress updates a full year ago, but nothing since. I've been looking forward to the new version too, but it looked like a big update. There might have been too much left to do for the modder to be able to make time for.

3 hours ago, ev0 said:

@mostlydave @Galileo I think he means version 2.0 of Universal Storage here. The was a surge of awesome progress updates a full year ago, but nothing since. I've been looking forward to the new version too, but it looked like a big update. There might have been too much left to do for the modder to be able to make time for.

Yep, That's exactly what I was asking about.

can't seem to find the eva-x pack. 

according to the part file in the mod it should be under AdvancedExploration.  but there must be a mod or something changing this.   any ideas?  maybe because I have Community Tech tree installed?

I have that tech node researched but the EVA-X is not in my part catalog nor is it listed as a part in that tech node inside the research facility.

New version is up on Space Dock, however there are no changes, the current version works with KSP 1.3 as is.

The only updates in the new version is to the AVC file, so if you use that and are annoyed by the out of date message by all means update, otherwise no need.

On 5/22/2017 at 0:34 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

according to the part file in the mod it should be under AdvancedExploration.  but there must be a mod or something changing this.   any ideas?  maybe because I have Community Tech tree installed?

I have that tech node researched but the EVA-X is not in my part catalog nor is it listed as a part in that tech node inside the research facility.

I haven't done any testing with community tech tree so this may well make a difference.  Have you tried without?

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:34 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

If I recall, that part requires KAS as a dependency because it attaches to kerbals for usage. Installing KAS should let it show up. Without KAS (and probably KIS), it's pretty much a useless part, so no reason to have it otherwise.

TL;DR - That part needs a dependency, KAS. Do you have that installed as well? (KIS is also recommended if you intend on actually using it. It's easier to added to inventories and using it directly rather than attaching it to the vessel and needing to un-attach and re-attach it.)

oh yes KAS and KIS both installed and working fine.

I will need to try it on a install without the community tech tree I guess.    not a big issue, I will get around to it one of these days.  I just noticed it was gone the other day, and figured I would see if the part was supposed to still be in the game, or if it was removed from the mod or something.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

the eva-X-pack don't work for me to. I can put it in the inventory but I can't wear it  KAS and KIS are instal and I don't have community tech tree. (V 1.2.2)

and just for info...what happend with the daishi part? Will you realese them one day? they are realy beautiful. Tanks

Edited by Vince_K

13 hours ago, theonegalen said:

@killbotvii, according to the above post, the updated version is literally the same as the previous, so it's unlikely to be the cause of your problems. :)

Do I understand correctly that there is no compatibility issues with ksp 1.2.2, and this mod updated to 1.3? Because I still use 1.2.2 and CKAN accidentally updated some of my mods including this one.

Edited by pes_petya

EVA-X and KIS storage wedges are missing from tech tree and editor. KIS and KAS are installed, no tech tree mods. Version- 1.3

EDIT: nwm, reinstalling US helped

Edited by Antik

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, Morashtak said:

re: EVA-X config (as well as all other parts having this entry)

equipSlot = jetpack
            equipMode = part
            equipSlot = <null>
            equipSkill = <null>

That last line..... what is <null> skill?  And if it is there to be used once a Kerbal has attained said skill, what are the requirements to attain it?

Or can we just remove this altogether as I have done and can now equip the pack (and other parts) in both sandbox and career?

thanks

I am not able to equip it. How did you do it?

Edit: Ok, got it. Just delete equipSlot and equipSkill line and you are good to go.

Edited by Gawar
Solution found!

Since 1.3 one of my ships fails to load, saying that missing "us.1r110.wedge.kiscontainer". When I search for it in game folder, I find GameData\UniversalStorage\Parts\US_1R110_Wedge_KISContainer folder with files KASContainer.dds, model.mu and US_1R110_Wedge_KISContainer.cfg. At first look it seems that part should be there, but not detected on loading savegame.

In save's persistent.sfs I found record: "...

PART
            {
                name = US.1R110.Wedge.KISContainer
...", 

while in US_1R110_Wedge_KISContainer.cfg I see "name = US_1R110_Wedge_KISContainer".

Could it be that naming changed after update and game can't like part from mod's folder to existing vessel?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.