[WIP Plugin](0.90) Burn Together! Alpha v7.0 (3/29/15)

BahamutoD

I booted it up and played with it for a few minutes

Seems to work in .24 64bit just fine! along with the mod that adds the little crawler bot. My metal insect moonbase will take over all!

I booted it up and played with it for a few minutes

Seems to work in .24 64bit just fine! along with the mod that adds the little crawler bot. My metal insect moonbase will take over all!

Good to know it works

I'm not sure if you are aware, but the mod doesn't seem to account for atmospheric drag (Or it just doesn't agree with FAR which changes how drag works). I have a very large jet with 4 turbojet engines and a small jet with 1 basic jet engine. Due to it only seeming to try and match the T/W ratio the big jet's thrust was limited, and it couldn't reach a suitable takeoff speed, while the small jet humorously slammed into the big one at high speed while on the runway destroying them both (The small jet reaches like 700 mph at sea level it's ridiculous). Otherwise it seems to work great for anything outside the atmosphere, which definitely leads to some fun rocket fleet moments. It does co-operate when the crafts in atmosphere are exactly identical though, as shown in the videos provided.

The mod is great, super cool. however, when i set one ship to follow my Kolony ship, it it orients itself on the right heading but stubbornly stays rolled at a 90 degree angle. it doesnt affect usability but it does affect coolness :/

I think that this mod is amazing, but inherently flawed in it's execution. It merely copies heading and acceleration, relying on RS to cancel out drift. Instead, each ship should be flying itself to maintain a fixed point relative to the leader, letting it steer and throttle to maintain that position and correct for the minute errors that become a big deal in a short time when flying so closely. This would negate the need for RCS, and would eliminate drift in atmospheric flight.

• 2 weeks later...
The mod seems to have a conflict with MJ.The only other mod that does this is CactEye.Any help to why this is happening

Cacteye has been a real troublemaker. I'd bet it's the mod causing problems...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been watching this for a while and have a suggestion for code to do with the issue of planes losing altitude (Note: I am not a modder or at least not yet!) what if you have something that checks the altitude of the leader and gives a 1 (Up elevator) if its lower or 0 (down elevator) if its higher, because i built some bombers using various mods and did a bombing run on the KSC using the bombs from your armoury mod, and crashed 5 out of 6 of them because they lost too much altitude (not to mention my bombs nearly hit one of them on the way down) and then stuffed up the landing on the leader. I recorded the whole flight so I can try to post the video if anyone want to have a look. P.S epic mod.

Hi, I've been watching this for a while and have a suggestion for code to do with the issue of planes losing altitude (Note: I am not a modder or at least not yet!) what if you have something that checks the altitude of the leader and gives a 1 (Up elevator) if its lower or 0 (down elevator) if its higher, because i built some bombers using various mods and did a bombing run on the KSC using the bombs from your armoury mod, and crashed 5 out of 6 of them because they lost too much altitude (not to mention my bombs nearly hit one of them on the way down) and then stuffed up the landing on the leader. I recorded the whole flight so I can try to post the video if anyone want to have a look. P.S epic mod.

I've tested that method before; it works well when flying level but when banked and turning the followers still drop. I tried some other stuff but eventually stopped working on it since it was getting complex. I'm not sure I can get atmospheric following to be much better without having to write a full autopilot, and even mechjeb doesn't fly planes very well.

Personally I think would make all the difference though because even if they messed up during a turn they would correct it when you level out. Which is the way you would do it in real life. So a side patch maybe for those who can't make rockets but can make planes?

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to have this use the active command pod as direction/orientation instead of the root part which it seems to be doing? It puts a bit of a limit on designs, especially if you have anything that decouples and gets a new root part.

You should really incorporate this into your weapons mod. Think of the possibilities, whole squadrons of bombers attacking the space centre while rovers with Goalkeepers on them try and shoot them all down.

plus 1.

would love this too. made a squad of tanks and troops but the followers don't fire when i click :(