[WIP Plugin](0.90) Burn Together! Alpha v7.0 (3/29/15)

BahamutoD

Anyone know if this works with 0.25 or is any more updates for this somewhere else ?

I've tested it (or at least on ground vehicle) and it still word in 0.25, should work for aerial and space ship too.

Thank you for including rovers! This is exactly what I needed. I enjoy driving on the Mun and Minmus more than flying, and currently have 9 rovers on the Mun. Now I can finally move them all to my new base!

Any chance that this will work with Kerbals in the future? That would be great if so!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed both, but unfortunately I'm not having much luck with Burn Together or EVA Followers. I have Burn Together on two rovers on Duna. When the leader first starts moving, the follower follows for a about 15 seconds, then suddenly wants to start driving in reverse, in circles. Sometimes it will follow the lead vehicle from a distance, sometimes backwards, then decides to stop. It does exactly the same thing every time. I thought it might be the fact that the rovers have probes for remote control, which are installed vertically, but I clicked activated "control from here" on the kerbal and still the same problem.

EVA Followers just doesn't work at all. I get the menu item to click on, but it does nothing. It hasn't been a good day for my poor Kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

Eagle 1 and Eagle 2 flying in formation up to orbit.

ZqzZrJK.png

o6DcpEn.png

iGBoM3P.png

Caveat: Apparently craft with VTOL engines can work with this mod. But you have to be careful. The mod does not switch engines on and off. So either all of them have to be running - as in these shots - or only one set of engines - VTOL or main thrusters - can be running. Once I established apoapsis and had enough time to switch back and forth between the ships to turn off the VTOL thrusters and make sure the main engines were still engaged, then set up the mod with the leader/follower tags again, orbital maneuvering would work just fine. But my normal method of getting up past the first atmosphere band, then turning off VTOLs and leaving main engines on and pitching the Eagle up into a more normal rocket-like ascent angle wouldn't work with two Eagles where I didn't have the time to switch back and forth like I just described. So I had to leave the VTOLs on. It's certainly not fuel efficient for getting to orbit, but it did give me some fantastic screenshots! Almost looks like the original effects shots from Space 1999! :D

Doesn't this mod have action group mimic? If you set the engine toggles to action groups, you'd be able to switch them alright I'd think. Might have issues if you're using different command parts for different orientations though. Those crafts remind me of my days in Orbiter. I had to have the hovers on all the way up as well as the mains just to keep myself from falling back the earth. Ah those were the good old days, when I was too new to this space thing to even known about circulization and such. Sure explains why I could never get a stable orbit though.

Doesn't this mod have action group mimic? If you set the engine toggles to action groups, you'd be able to switch them alright I'd think. Might have issues if you're using different command parts for different orientations though. Those crafts remind me of my days in Orbiter. I had to have the hovers on all the way up as well as the mains just to keep myself from falling back the earth. Ah those were the good old days, when I was too new to this space thing to even known about circulization and such. Sure explains why I could never get a stable orbit though.

Oh is THAT what I needed to do? And... Oi... So THAT'S what "AG Mimic" means... *FACEPALM*

Okay yeah. Let me test that.

• 2 weeks later...

And in the last version of KSP I could turn it on, but the one craft would not do anything and my own craft would stop responding. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this was a secret feature of the mod... in which case it works exactly as planned.

I'm just not sure it was the plan I was hoping for...

I miscalculated my return date, heh. I flew back this morning. It'l take me a few days/weeks (hopefully not too many) to get each of my mods updated to 0.90. I've been away from modding for over a month now so it's all piling up :P.

Welcome back!! Yay!!! Cant wait for them!

- - - Updated - - -

I miscalculated my return date, heh. I flew back this morning. It'l take me a few days/weeks (hopefully not too many) to get each of my mods updated to 0.90. I've been away from modding for over a month now so it's all piling up :P.

Welcome back!! Yay!!! Cant wait for them!