[WIP Plugin](0.90) Burn Together! Alpha v7.0 (3/29/15)

BahamutoD

On 2/23/2016 at 12:33 AM, vpupkin said:

Can anyone share .zip as kerbalstuff is unavailable any more?

As of now, the kerbalstuff torrent contains the Alpha 7.0:

(

[Defunct link removed by a moderator]

BahamutoD_531\Burn_Together\Burn_Together-alpha_7.0.zip
)

Hope that helps

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The code on GitHub can be recompiled against 1.1.2 with just one tiny edit to line 99 of utils.cs (and referencing the 1.1.2 DLLs in KSP):

var angularVelocity = Quaternion.Inverse(vessel.ReferenceTransform.rotation) * vessel.rootPart.rb.angularVelocity;

Limited testing shows rovers are very flaky (probably because of changes to the wheel physics) but two spacecraft in orbit moved in (relative) synchronicity over a series of manoeuvres (total delta-V expended 842 m/s, change in relative velocity 0.58 m/s, slight ignition timing differences mostly to blame).

No exceptions from BT in output_log.txt.

On 07/05/2016 at 7:18 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

The code on GitHub can be recompiled against 1.1.2 with just one tiny edit to line 99 of utils.cs (and referencing the 1.1.2 DLLs in KSP):

var angularVelocity = Quaternion.Inverse(vessel.ReferenceTransform.rotation) * vessel.rootPart.rb.angularVelocity;

Limited testing shows rovers are very flaky (probably because of changes to the wheel physics) but two spacecraft in orbit moved in (relative) synchronicity over a series of manoeuvres (total delta-V expended 842 m/s, change in relative velocity 0.58 m/s, slight ignition timing differences mostly to blame).

No exceptions from BT in output_log.txt.

After I edit that line, what do I do?

Do I just toss the folder into GameData as is, or do I have to do something else?

8 hours ago, JebberJones said:

After I edit that line, what do I do?

Do I just toss the folder into GameData as is, or do I have to do something else?

You need to compile the code to get a new BurnTogether.dll. Then extract Burn_Together-alpha_7.0.zip (if you don't have it Google for it) and replace the DLL it provides with the new one.

If @BahamutoD doesn't mind I could post a recompiled DLL (or even the full zip).

NOTE: I have only done the minimum of testing with this so far and have no idea how you would go about fixing the issue with rovers.

PS: forgot to enable RCS on my test space probes before. With it enabled station keeping became effectively perfect even after warping for many days with various random course correction manoeuvres.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2016 at 5:44 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

You need to compile the code to get a new BurnTogether.dll. Then extract Burn_Together-alpha_7.0.zip (if you don't have it Google for it) and replace the DLL it provides with the new one.

If @BahamutoD doesn't mind I could post a recompiled DLL (or even the full zip).

NOTE: I have only done the minimum of testing with this so far and have no idea how you would go about fixing the issue with rovers.

PS: forgot to enable RCS on my test space probes before. With it enabled station keeping became effectively perfect even after warping for many days with various random course correction manoeuvres.

How did you edit the dll? I can't find the line: var angularVelocity = Quaternion.Inverse(vessel.ReferenceTransform.rotation) * vessel.rootPart.rb.angularVelocity;

In the program I'm using (jetbrains dotpeek).

4 hours ago, stickman939 said:

How did you edit the dll? I can't find the line: var angularVelocity = Quaternion.Inverse(vessel.ReferenceTransform.rotation) * vessel.rootPart.rb.angularVelocity;

In the program I'm using (jetbrains dotpeek).

Downloaded the source files from GitHub, loaded into Visual Studio, changed references to point to 1.1.2 version KSP DLLs recompiled. Then fixed error on the listed line and compiled again. Combined DLL with other files from the alpha 7 zip.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that according to the rule 2.3f you may not repeat inquiries about updates from modders.

For that reason this thread is being closed, if someone makes an unofficial port please create a new thread and don't forget proper licensing.

BURN TOGETHER IS BEING MAINTAINED BY @Papa_Joe, YOU CAN FIND IT HERE: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BurnTogether/releases