[1.3.X - 1.6.X] Speed Unit Changer - More units for your speed - Ap & Pe on your Navball

lttito

Are you used to different speed units like km/h or mph? Then Speed unit changer is for you!

Speed Unit Changer, a simple plugin to visualize current speed in different units.

With version 1.7.1 you can display speed on these units on your navball:

- meters / second

- kilometers / hour

- miles / hour

- feet / second

- Knots

- Mach number

And also on navball, you can now display:

- AGL or Altitude Ground Level based on your center of mass on these units:

• Meters
  • Kilometers
  • Miles
  • Nautical miles
  • Feet

- Apoapsis & Periapsis (if Periapsis is negative, only Apoapsis is shown).

• Now with a toggle for not showing speed on orbital mode!

- Target Name

Screenshots:

Imgur Album

It is licensed by GPLv3.

Download from SpaceDock or Dropbox

You can also make suggestions or PRs on github

You can also sumbit you ideas on this thread!

Edited by lttito
Updated version 1.7.1

You got a license?

Yes, it's GPL V3 (included in source code).

I don't suppose you could do the same for the altimeter? Feet and nautical miles would be great.

Ok, i will try to do it (not sure if i'll be able to do it. However I can show it in a little toggable window).

• 2 weeks later...

I updated Speed Unit Changer to V1.2.

Now it shows your altitude in a toggleable window in a unit related to the selected speed unit.

Links/info of the new version in the first post.

This looks interesting. Going to have to give it a try.

With version 1.2 you can also display the altitude on the unit related to selected speed unit:

- Kilometers for km/h

- Miles for mph

- Nautical miles for knots

- Feet for ft/s

Would it be possible for these to be set these independently in the future? I'd love to be able to see knots and feet for aircraft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Maybe I'm missing something.. how can I change the speed unit in relation to surface, rather than orbit? Makes it pretty useless for planes when the speed adds Kerbin's rotation into the mix

ferram aerospace messes around with it so it wont display while installed

Sorry, I didn't saw the thread in a really long time. ;.;

Really usefull plugin man! thanks =)

I have seen you added the plugin to kerbal curse forge, i just want to warn you the link doesn't work

Thanks for the info, I'll try to fix it ASAP.

This looks interesting. Going to have to give it a try.

Would it be possible for these to be set these independently in the future? I'd love to be able to see knots and feet for aircraft.

I'll add this functionality and compatibility with 0.24 (currently don't know if it works, and also I have to update toolbar plugin) when I have enough spare time ;.;

Maybe I'm missing something.. how can I change the speed unit in relation to surface, rather than orbit? Makes it pretty useless for planes when the speed adds Kerbin's rotation into the mix

Currently, whatever state you are displaying your speed (orbit, surface or target) if you change the speed units, in the navball the speed will be displayed in that units. If you are in orbit state and want to change to surface, just click on the navball display until

surface appears, and also the speed will be shown in selected unit. Maybe I'll add a feature to display selected unit only in one of the states (selected by the player).

Edited by lttito
typos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.