[1.3.X - 1.6.X] Speed Unit Changer - More units for your speed - Ap & Pe on your Navball

lttito

I'll add this functionality and compatibility with 0.24 (currently don't know if it works, and also I have to update toolbar plugin) when I have enough spare time

Glad to hear you're still active. Sometimes people will release a useful mod and then disappear. I'm looking forward to your update whenever you get a chance.

@lttito What Bloodbunny means is that the units don't change in surface mode at all; only in orbital or target mode. It's either a problem with Toolbar or FAR causing the surface speed failure.

As I don't use FAR, I don't know if FAR is causing this problem. Can anyone test it?

• 9 months later...
It works in 1.0.2?

I can't swear that it's working 100%, but I've been running it. Spacecraft are fine in m/s and meters, but aircraft need knots and feet.

It never hurts to make a backup copy of KSP and try running an old mod on it. Sometimes it might not work, but other times, you'll find an old gem like this that runs fine.

• 9 months later...

I've installed the mod and I'm not getting any readings. Any thoughts as to why?

EDIT: 

I installed on a clean install of KSP and it works on the the first launch. Then the second one... nothing.

Edited by Courn Wallace

17 hours ago, Courn Wallace said:

I've installed the mod and I'm not getting any readings. Any thoughts as to why?

EDIT: 

I installed on a clean install of KSP and it works on the the first launch. Then the second one... nothing.

Thanks for the info :)

hotfix released to show mod on sucesive launches (version 1.4.1).

Updated links in OP.

• 5 weeks later...
On 19/7/2014 at 1:21 PM, lttito said:

Sorry, I didn't saw the thread in a really long time. ;.;

Thanks for the info, I'll try to fix it ASAP.

I'll add this functionality and compatibility with 0.24 (currently don't know if it works, and also I have to update toolbar plugin) when I have enough spare time ;.;

Currently, whatever state you are displaying your speed (orbit, surface or target) if you change the speed units, in the navball the speed will be displayed in that units. If you are in orbit state and want to change to surface, just click on the navball display until

surface appears, and also the speed will be shown in selected unit. Maybe I'll add a feature to display selected unit only in one of the states (selected by the player).

never played with rss, though i assume it should not interfere with this mod :(

On 2.3.2016 at 7:53 PM, lttito said:

Thanks for the info :)

hotfix released to show mod on sucesive launches (version 1.4.1).

Updated links in OP.

Thanks for the new release! I was already beginning to think this was abandoned, seeing that the last release before the new one was for KSP 0.23.5 (though it did work just fine up to KSP 1.0.5). Glad to see the mod officially back! Cars simply need it to feel right.

One request: in case you didn't completely discard the old UI code, would it be possible to have the option of using either stock or Blizzy's toolbar, as many mods have?

Blizzy's is very convenient for heavily modded installs, since the buttons take up slightly less space, can be reorganized, and the toolbar can have several rows. The stock toolbar tends to fill up pretty quickly - at least at default UI size and if you want to have KER (or VOID) HUD displays at the top of the screen, too. For minimally modded installs stock is better, as it's one less dependency to worry about.

1 hour ago, Technologicat said:

Thanks for the new release! I was already beginning to think this was abandoned, seeing that the last release before the new one was for KSP 0.23.5 (though it did work just fine up to KSP 1.0.5). Glad to see the mod officially back! Cars simply need it to feel right.

One request: in case you didn't completely discard the old UI code, would it be possible to have the option of using either stock or Blizzy's toolbar, as many mods have?

Blizzy's is very convenient for heavily modded installs, since the buttons take up slightly less space, can be reorganized, and the toolbar can have several rows. The stock toolbar tends to fill up pretty quickly - at least at default UI size and if you want to have KER (or VOID) HUD displays at the top of the screen, too. For minimally modded installs stock is better, as it's one less dependency to worry about.

I'll try to do it on weekend, as w2 (work & wife) absorbs my time during work days...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally working in 1.1.2. Unity 5 bring a lot of changes and I had to scratch my head a little bit to ensure this works again. Updated info in OP

Edited by lttito

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.