Narrowest significant canyon on another world?

I've sent a survey team to Dres to inspect the famous canyon and found it to be just about 4 km across in the middle of the largest of the three canyons, narrowing to about 3km across on the western end where it shallows up.

Are there any other canyons of significant depth - that is to say, actual canyons, not just gaps between hills, that are narrower than this? I haven't surveyed the Mun canyons recently so I'm not sure of their exact width, nor am I aware of any significant canyons on any other planets or moons. Perhaps Vall or Eeloo have some?

Edited by allmhuran

Eeloo's surface is actually very smooth, the brown areas are actually just very shallow valleys. Vall has some nice mountain peaks but no canyons as i'm aware of. But the Mun canyons on the far side and on the north and south poles are really cool and pose a challenge to anyone landing there. You can also check out the moholes on Moho at the north and south poles. I heard they are 3-4 km deep but i'm not sure about its diameter.

I just had a look at one of the Mun canyons (equatorial, ~230 degrees E) and that's at least 4km across.

D'oh. Cheers for the data though.

I might look at the Mohole but I'd rather find a nice canyon. I shall continue to explore.

I've found a fairly neat little canyon at about 15 south 40 west on the Mun. It's not very long, maybe 10km or so, but it has quite steep sides (important!) and good depth. Width is between 900m and 1300m depending on whether you measure from the actual tops or the parts where the gradient shallows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.