[WIP + releases] my Kerbtown buildings - RELEASES ARE ON THE FIRST POST

• 2 weeks later...

New WIP :cool: (see album on first post)

Texture is just a dummy one for now so please ignore it.

A (very) bigger launch pad, initially made because KSC2 launchpad is for "pocket rockets", but trying some huge rovers thing shows also that KSC launchpad is quite "small" or not big enough for crazy huge asparagus things.

With it, you'll never have to worry anymore that parts of your rockets may fall from the launchpad !

length/width: 200m

height: 10m (9.7m for the inside square)

inside square: 80m sides

access ramp: 60m long

I'll put one in KSC2, south of main building, and another one like on new pics: on "top" of default launchpad.

I would like seeing the orbital launch pad to be released - hopefully with docking ports so a station can be built around it

Look at the first post, it is.

Bad idea, seriously bad idea, due to how static building/Kerbtown works (there is no orbital velocity, it is even not on a rail), for this kind of feature, you'll have to deal with extraplanetary launchpads mod.

Well... I'm becoming very nostalgic when I look at that launch pad :wink:

:D I see what you mean.

Do you believe I took a texture which was around almost randomly ! I will probably add such grass "flower power" launch pad tex as bonus ;)

I immediately want to drive on the rover test ground, it looks like it doesn't need those side-walls though. Is there a reason to have only two open ends?

Yes, to avoid to fall off the ground and because some holes and hills are not caped on sides.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Chalice LaunchPad? I want to put a Huge BASE on it!

(Although... It could use some lines on top that showed where we could land without hitting the Launch Zone.... Maybe a runway too- scratch that: a runway, and small staging area- so we could park, walk to the rocket, and launch into a crash!)

@Mekan1k: it will be release very soon, I just have to polish a thing or two and do some testing. I have finally put a proper texture on it as you may have already noticed (low-res, but I prefer to keep the game as away as possible from the "danger zone" :) ).

Don't forget my buildings are a bit "russian style" (huge & heavy, look at the WWII KV-2, the Hind family and the crazy big Antonov), there is more space on top than 4 stock KSC launchpads put together ! And why landing on it ? :huh:

I have already thought of a mountain runway... not for the fake Maverick :D.

Here it is, see 1st post, link added.

Edited by Justin Kerbice

I really like the rover proving grounds! Is there a way to move it closer or attach a road to it? Have you considered a speed test range? Just a salt flat or something? Maybe a rocket sled-type range?

Glad you like it.

You can move it with help of Kerbtown plug-in, see doc for that.

Will you really need a road ? The slope is gentle enough to climb on it.

Speed test range ? It may be very very verrrryyyyyyyyyy long and not so useful, you can't go over wheels strength (~50 m/s for stock wheels), try with a rocket engine).

And no, no such thing.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.