I don't understand the fuss behind ARM

NASAFanboy

WOW 38 pages of this? Come on, time to close this thread.

*lol*

Well sometimes... You'll never agree on somthing, but thankfully people don't have to do that and it would be a peacefull, but incredibly boring world if everyone allways agreed.

In any case, I might have rustled some feathers and I'm sorry for that. I tried to stay on the ball, while keeping the debate as sober as it has been.

WOW 38 pages of this? Come on, time to close this thread.

Which is worse? one thread that keeps going, or a new thread every day as someone else notices the problem and decides to share it with the forums?

Ok.

One thing i have not seen in this entire thread.

And one thing that needs to be understood.

And this is the only reason required for a nerf.

Even if all the new parts were strictly worse than every other engine in terms of TWR or ISP.

They would still be used, because two words: Part count.

People build lifters to optimize payload to lag ratios. These new parts have reduced part counts so incredibly substantially, that even if these engines used more fuel to lift the same load, they would still be used, and HEAVILLY used.

because part count.

That is the only reason.

That said:

I do believe these new parts are perfectly balanced. for the realistic solar system mod.

I think this thread has run its course. I'm going to correct a misconception then call it a day here, ok?

I just think that they are "dumbing" it down a bit too much to make this game appeal more to the casual gamers. I of course see nothing wrong in wanting to sell more copies, but in last versions there have been very little added to keep the game challenging for those of us who have now become experienced with this game.

Sorry to spoil the fun, boxman, but that's not the right assumption here. Despite what's been debated as imbalance or an overpowered nature of new parts, the appeal for new players due to such measures was not what the developers had in mind when implementing the parts. They create parts they feel will be fun to play with. Period.