Materials bay and goo science.

So when you do science with goo or materials bay,you can see that the green bar isn't full.What does that mean? (like the one side is light green,and the other is dark green (doing the experiment 1st time))

Also,does science bay store science from materials bay,and when you recover the science bay you get the science as you would recover the bay or goo,or does it just process the science and keep it in the bay or goo.

And what does the whole science lab processing do,I mean,what does it do to the science amount?

It means that you won't get 100% available science for that experiment on that particular biome, so you have to repeat experiment to get it all. Some experiments (like crew reports and EVA reports) will yield 100% on the first try, so don't bother to repeat them.

Note that you can't store two reports from the same tool and same biome in one pod (i.e. you can't store two goo reports from low over Kerbin, but you can store one goo report from low over Kerbin, one from high over Kerbin, and so on).

Science bay can store experiments just like any other command pod (you have to collect and store it via EVA, though). It also can process data to boost its thransmission value (but NOT recovery value!).

And since returning experiment results is ALWAYS yield more science, science bay is useful only as cleaning tool for materials bay and goo canister.

Edited by biohazard15

It means that you won't get 100% available science for that experiment on that particular biome, so you have to repeat experiment to get it all. Some experiments (like crew reports and EVA reports) will yield 100% on the first try, so don't bother to repeat them.

Science bay can store experiments just like any other command pod (you have to collect and store it via EVA, though). It also can process data to boost its thransmission value (but NOT recovery value!).

And since returning experiment results is ALWAYS yield more science, science bay is useful only as cleaning tool for materials bay and goo canister.

Do I get science stored on lab when i clean it?

also,if yes,can I recover science lab to get all the science I got from goo and bays?

Do I get science stored on lab when i clean it?

also,if yes,can I recover science lab to get all the science I got from goo and bays?

No, this science will remain in the tools. To recover it, you have to go on EVA, go to the tool, right-click on it and press "Take data". The you may go to the sience bay (or any other manned pod) door, right-click it and choose "Store data", or simply enter it.

If you recover science bay with reports stored inside - you'll get this science. The lab won't boost its recovery value in any case; it can boost ONLY transmission value (lower bar in science report window).

Mine way is to make drop tanks on landers who hold fuel, goo and labs, sample collect, jump and drop them.

You can also return to orbit and dock with an new set for more fuel and labs. Downside here is that it tend to make the lander top heavy.

I want to make multiple experiments for minmus biomes,but I can't find a way to store them all (I am planning to recover them)

The manned pod can't store alot of experiments.Any advices on how to do it?

I want to make multiple experiments for minmus biomes,but I can't find a way to store them all (I am planning to recover them)

If you transmit one and bring one back, I think you're at 100% for pretty much all experiments.

Or you can use this mod I was just recommended which adds an additional part you can store science in.

Edited by daniu

First, ANY manned pod can store ANY amount of experiments.

Second, I built this to mine Minmus for science:

fwDm0OZ.jpg

zO6Bvq5.jpg

This 8-wheeler contains almost every mod that adds science tools (DMagic, LTech, Octagon, KDEX, to name a few). Of course, you'll want something smaller if you play stock or run fewer mods.

And yes, that's a nuclear reactor :D

This is how you get it to Minmus: (Old version of the truck)

nh1DRq9.jpg

q3f9mKH.jpg

Land it, drive it around biomes (SCANsat helps there immensely), collect science. Grab all data from the tools and store it in cockpit. Clean tools that needs it with science bay. Transmit crew report back home (you can't store multiple reports in one pod)

After you collect all science, just send another ship to bring it and the crew back home.

I'm not a big fan of mods :)

by the way,how much experiments can science lab store?

Yeah I try to go vanilla as far as possible, but since I just found out automated command pods can't store science either, I need a lightweight transport back to Kerbin...

AFAIK, there's no limit as such of how many experiments a lab or command capsule can store, but they can't store the same experiment twice (so they cannot store 2 Surface Samples from Mun Midlands, but they can store one from Mun Midlands and one from East Crater).

oh,I guess I'll try to get science from moon,and store it to a pod,then just deliver it to kerbin

You could also bring a science lab up, load it with all your different experiments, then return that to Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.