My replica of the Orion MPCV, and the S.L.S launch system (Lots of images!)

This thing has a number of applications including Minmus and Mun flybys, it's also my primary ferry to the K.S.S. (Kerbinational spaces station) for other extremely advanced situations it can be modified with external fuel tanks and NERVA engines to be a lander, pretty much only for Duna.

It also acts as the mother ship on missions to the Mun or Minmus, my Alcor lander is generally launched up first in it's own rocket then the Orion docks and provides a method of crew return.

I built this vehicle because I was having a constant issue of having to have a vehicle for everything, so I built this thing in order to be an all in one.

This is a replica, if you'd like to see what this thing is impersonating then you can look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Launch_System .

Ci47GlS.png

UhTDJE4.png

jyqtppX.png

eKjkJU3.png

GEJVhCv.png

BYldYOh.png

BARBqOU.png

jgKxebg.png

nSFpyxZ.png

L4dmgTQ.png

LsJ0u4z.png

wTgqgtM.png

8py4RYh.png

jaM7dmw.png

FJ2CMDj.png

VHFNOx9.png

q51z9lN.png

00FKZ15.png

SW7kfjV.png

A5XYxls.png

DUkgZAg.png

So what do you think?

Good replica? Or not so accurate replica.

That's a good one! I love how the SLS and the intermediate stage are done. Also check out mine which is done completely stock.http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75538-Project-Orion%28MPCV%29-The-most-accurate-Orion-vessel-you-probably-have-seen-until-now Keep working on more desings such as this one :D

It's pretty great for a stock vehicle, but as usual my ambitious self decided to slap the whole S.L.S together.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.