[1.0] See Science Remaining

I have a spreadsheet with all science that I know of. (Actually, I started out only making the spreadsheet so I could do the Mission Control Challenge). You can download it here:

http://kerbal-science-remaining.s3.amazonaws.com/science/all_science.csv

As with everything built by Kerbals by hand, it's probably not 100% accurate, but it's the numbers behind the remaining science app.

When I total up the numbers on the page I get 74,282. I think this overstates the numbers from Laythe, but does not include the recovered spacecraft science.

First off thanks! Rough numbers are fine for my purposes. Secondly: Wow. That's like 7 times the total science needed to complete the tech tree. I thought it was high but not THAT high.

I'm considering a module to cut science gained by half (or increase science needed by double, whatever's easier) but wanted to make sure I wasn't killing myself TOO much. Looks like I'd be fine. I may even do it by 1/3 (or 3x).

Heh. I'd be concerned that would make an ugly curve to the science rate, with the last bits taking forever. Alternately, you could also just avoid landing on the Mun or Minmus, which would force you out into the solar system much earlier.

Personally, I love the buckets of science everywhere - the world feels like it's full of possibilities.

Heh. I'd be concerned that would make an ugly curve to the science rate, with the last bits taking forever.

Yeah I've given up on the single multiplier idea, but after looking at the cfg files it looks like I can fairly easily tweak things manually. Now to just come up with numbers.

I think the later stuff needs to return less science, while the earlier stuff should stay the same. Like Crew Reports and EVA reports should remain untouched, but Gravioli and Seismic scans need to be cut by half or more. I'll keep fiddling.

Alternately, you could also just avoid landing on the Mun or Minmus, which would force you out into the solar system much earlier.

Well that's no fun :)

Personally, I love the buckets of science everywhere - the world feels like it's full of possibilities.

(sorry for my crappy english)

Fantastic, very useful! I didn't realise how many points are on Mun and Minmus!! I was trying to find a way toward Duna and back...

It will be good if you add a column showing the situations, eg.:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]KERBIN

[/TD]

[TD]Global

[/TD]

[TD]Badlands

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Space High

[/TD]

[TD]xxx

[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]​Space Low[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Flying High[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Flying Low[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[TD]xxx[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[...]

And maybe it's useful if it would be possible to show only or highlight certain experiments ... If i haven't a barometer yet, all pressure dependent points will be greyed

• 2 weeks later...

The mun east farside crater experiments are marked as incomplete when i parse my .sfs, but they are completed, even it appears completed in the science archive.

Maybe the name of the biome needs to be exact? The table shows east farside, while the name of the biome is east farside crater.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for this...works pretty well in Chrome, but not Firefox, which doesn't matter at all. I only mention as a general comment for anyone who happens to pass by.

It works perfectly fine on Firefox which is all I use (except when testing).

Also, nothing personal but, working on Firefox does matter (but since it works anyway, it's a moot point).

• 2 months later...
POllik, can you post a link to your save file? I'll check it out in Firefox and see if I can find what the issue is.

Sorry, I missed this. Didn't get the email notification, for some reason.

I think it may have been overtaken with 0.24...as someone has already posted, drag and dropping or copy and pasting doesn't seem to be working, now.

Shame...I like this because it groups by biomes. Science Library just doesn't fit the way I play. :/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi acalculus! I find this app really useful.

But it's not working for me in 1.0.2. I had some investigations and seems like it cannot parse some keys that contain '/' symbol. I've made a fix and a pull request on github. Could you please review and publish?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks absolutely wonderful. Is there a way to see what each line specifically is for though? Or am I missing something because I'm a newb? All I see are rows of numbers, no mention what particular experiment they are for. I could probably figure it out manually by experimentation, but it would sure be handy if each line just had a name like "EVA report", "Barometer reading" and so forth.

[Edit] I just noticed that hovering the mouse over each block shows what I ask for, which is awesome. :D Still, would be nice if it just said it on the page, so you could see it at a glance. :)

Edited by Bluntie

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that this could use a bit more organization in where the different experiments are listed. I would say that EVA Reports should be one row across, Mystery Goo as another, etc so you can see where you have/have not done certain experiments on each given body without mousing through a semi-random list of experiments to see which ones are all the same science part.

I can't seem to find any listing for Atmospheric Pressure scans in space High or Low(which can be done now) and KSC is now apparently 9 different biomes for surface tests.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.