Kerbco career- Chapter 13: Re-return to the Mun

jfull

"They leave a docking port attached, so that some future mission will be able to use it" to destroy Kerbin! If pure chance almost destroyed the planet, you think ambition will leave such a toy alone?

Oh no, they couldn't do anything like that. The Kerbal mind can't comprehend the idea of intentionally causing destruction. Besides, Tom isn't large enough to cause much damage, plus he's out in orbit of the sun!

...wait a minute... hold on... I know what my next mission is going to be!

*runs off to the Vehicle Assembly Building*

Oh no, they couldn't do anything like that. The Kerbal mind can't comprehend the idea of intentionally causing destruction. Besides, Tom isn't large enough to cause much damage, plus he's out in orbit of the sun!

...wait a minute... hold on... I know what my next mission is going to be!

*runs off to the Vehicle Assembly Building*

...Oh dear.

I can't wait till the kerbals reach laythe!

And I can't wait to send them there!

I've actually been putting a lot of thought into how I'm going to do missions to Laythe and the other moons of Jool. Laythe is obviously the most interesting location, with the most potential for life, but I think I want to wait until I've unlocked the really heavy Near Future stuff so I can build a truly epic ship to carry the mission to Laythe.

For the immediate future I'm planning to finish up my current super secret surprise mission, followed by the launch of the first probe to Jool and a new Mun base.

And I can't wait to send them there!

I've actually been putting a lot of thought into how I'm going to do missions to Laythe and the other moons of Jool. Laythe is obviously the most interesting location, with the most potential for life, but I think I want to wait until I've unlocked the really heavy Near Future stuff so I can build a truly epic ship to carry the mission to Laythe.

For the immediate future I'm planning to finish up my current super secret surprise mission, followed by the launch of the first probe to Jool and a new Mun base.

I find that the clustered Hi-Snap engines are really useful for interplanetary missions, I used it as my interplanetary drive engine on my jool-5 mission.

You just need 2-3 of the massive solar panels to power it. Also, the PPD-24 internant service container is light weight. It even has a built in RTG which makes it especially handy during night.

I have an idea! Name the jool-ship Tydirium, reference to the imperial shuttle from star wars ep 6, which your ship looks like.

Keep up the good work!

I suppose it does resemble it a little bit. But I'm thinking of making a few revisions to the design, and it might lose those 3 giant radiators in favor of 6 smaller ones.

Either way, I'll consider that name.

Super Special Secret Update

So, lately I haven't been playing too much, but I did get a chance to undertake a mission to try and retrieve Tom the Destroyer from its orbit out between Kerbin and Duna. Kerbalkind had developed a strange fascination with Tom since it nearly crashed into their planet a few years back, and I had hoped to bring Tom into orbit of Kerbin so that they could build a base on it. My ambitious plan started out well enough, but then took a turn for the the worse... and then took a completely unexpected turn for the bizarre.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Anyway, I didn't really put any story into this update because, due to extraordinary events contained therein, it is of dubious canonicity to the Kerbco storyline (translation: It was really strange so it may or may not be official, you can decide that for yourself.)

Also, I'd just like to thank everone who's been following this series! This thread just passed 5,000 views, and its nice to know people are interested.

Edited by jfull

• 2 weeks later...
Will you do a mission to Spes?

Actually, I haven't installed your planet pack at the moment. I'm sorry if my post in your thread lead you to think I had.

Those were only my thoughts about the pack at first glance.

I'm actually incredibly picky about mods that add planets, and I haven't been impressed by ANY pack I've seen so far, so don't take it personally.

Anyway, I've been lazy about updating this lately. I've gotten all of my mods updated to the newest versions now, and I have a very cool mission completed, so a new update should be out whenever I can write it up.

I also want to replace the "astronaut stats" on the first page with bios for the most significant astronauts.

Actually, I haven't installed your planet pack at the moment. I'm sorry if my post in your thread lead you to think I had.

Those were only my thoughts about the pack at first glance.

I'm actually incredibly picky about mods that add planets, and I haven't been impressed by ANY pack I've seen so far...

I understand. Many planet packs are either ugly, took a few minutes, or just don't have that stock feel. I am going to attempt to add clouds to Spes and Lucius.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 13: A Shiny New MunBase

Where Do We Boldly Go From Here?

With the success of the Duna mission, Kerbco knew that their next step would be to the moons of Jool. However, a Jool expedition would require several technologies that just weren't ready yet, and so their focus turned turned toward exploration of more local bodies, specifically the Mun. Several other space agencies had been looking to expand into Munar exploration, so Kerbco partnered with them to design a new, permanent Munbase for the exploration of a new region of the Mun. The mission would include the large base module itself, a Mobile Laboratory, and a new high-capacity Mun lander.

Voyage of the Beetle

Sorry for a bit of a long delay, I had this mission done a little while ago, but the update to 0.24 and mod incompatibilities got me a little sidetracked from KSP. Everything should be ready now, and Kerbco will continue in 0.24 without any issues. I've already done a few quick contracts to ensure that Kerbco has a good reputation and ample funds for the Jool mission.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for a bit of a long delay, I had this mission done a little while ago, but the update to 0.24 and mod incompatibilities got me a little sidetracked from KSP. Everything should be ready now, and Kerbco will continue in 0.24 without any issues. I've already done a few quick contracts to ensure that Kerbco has a good reputation and ample funds for the Jool mission.

What happened to this? Has it moved, or is it gone, or am I just an Idiot who is a newb at fourums? Im just really, really new

Edited by Dres

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not dead, but I'm not sure about how to continue this.

For a while I've been busy with my job and other games, but I have been playing KSP occasionally

I do owe anyone following this an apology, because I actually did fly an expedition to Vall and took screenshots with the expectation of posting it, but never got around to writing the story to go along with it.

I could certainly keep going with this, but I've been waiting for near future electric to be updated to 0.90. Also, I've deleted every craft on my Kerbco save except the flags, so any continuation could be considered a sort of reboot.

What I may do instead is just post individual missions, not necessarily connected.

I'm not dead, but I'm not sure about how to continue this.

For a while I've been busy with my job and other games, but I have been playing KSP occasionally

I do owe anyone following this an apology, because I actually did fly an expedition to Vall and took screenshots with the expectation of posting it, but never got around to writing the story to go along with it.

I could certainly keep going with this, but I've been waiting for near future electric to be updated to 0.90. Also, I've deleted every craft on my Kerbco save except the flags, so any continuation could be considered a sort of reboot.

What I may do instead is just post individual missions, not necessarily connected.

I think a full reboot would be the best course you could take. There's just so much that's happened since the last post that trying to keep eveything from this would be an unnecesary chore. I just really like your writing style that you went with for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.