0.23.5 Unknown Feature Discovery!!!

greg12

Hi guys!

I found something really cool! Did you know that multiple quick saves was possible in stock KSP? Yes it is!

Keys:

ALT+F5 - Save as...

ALT+F9 - Load quick saves

Proof:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

If you don`t believe it, try it for yourself :)

Comment highlights from below: (Thanks for Temeter for the tip about the highlights)

Wonder how many people will ALT F4 instead of quicksaving :P
You can rename stuff from the tracking station by clicking its name in the orange bar at the top of the "i" button's menu thingy. ANY stuff - well okay, not planets ofc, but you can rename asteroids, debris, etc.
Another feature: asteroid samples can be retaken depending on the situation. I just flew a mission where the asteroid went from space high above Kerbin, to the Mun and then a close encounter with the Mun (<15km). I got three surface samples for the mission. :)
The 'control from here'-function isn't reset by switching to other crew modules. Meaning you can now control ships from a centered-module while sitting high above the ship in a control tower.

Its only reset when switching from docking modules to iva.

Edited by greg12

That's incredibly useful!! Why did I not know about this? Is it documented? This will be very useful on repeated risky maneuvers :)

That is the funny thing about KSP.. no such features have ever been documented.. I have over the last years so many times wished for a feature only to realize later that it was already there just that no one really knew about it until they learned about it by accident. :P

It would not at all surprise me if this quick save feature was there before 23.5 as well...

Apparently, this is a debug tool that they have decided to leave available to players. It was a last-minute thing, which is why there was no information about it beforehand. :D

Ooooh sweet. I wonder what else was left in for us to find. I've already noticed a lot of "little" bugs have been fixed and have made the game SOOOO much better. Extra features though are always fun to find. Well spotted OP.

I noticed that in the science review section... there is a check mark type thing next to science you've collected and it shows you the message you got when you collected it.

That may have already been there but this is the first time I noticed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.