0.23.5 Unknown Feature Discovery!!!

greg12

Hmm, afaik that is there since the career mode was introduced. In v. 0.23 to be exact. ;-)

Greets,

Jan

In 0.23 you only could load the scenarios. Now you can SAVE and LOAD quick saves. Big difference!

In 0.23 you only could load the scenarios. Now you can SAVE and LOAD quick saves. Big difference!

Yup that's new and a nice find and addition, I forgot to mention that, but I replied to NeoMorph and his discovery of the recover vessel button behind the altimeter on top of the screen after successful touchdown on Kerbin. :-)

I obviously should have quoted his original text to make that clear...

Greets,

Jan

Just found something else by accident... When did the Recover Vessel button appear behind the Altimeter?

When your craft lands and you move the mouse over the altimeter the button appears.

That's been there since we could recover crafts. So since science

At first I was like "well, just another person thinking they discovered quicksave." Then I saw the multiple quicksaves and and then *gasp*

Yea, that was my reaction to

Well, if it's true, then...

FINALLY

SO damn sick of not having anything but quick save, especially with all the weird bugs in this game. I can't count the number of times I've pressed quick save, only to discover in the minutes that followed that, like, the Kraken had disconnected parts of my ship and now my whole mission was totally hosed because there was no save system to speak of and I forgot to backup my files :mad:

I understand that there are going to be bugs in the game as it is a major W.I.P., but not having a save system to help alleviate the pain was inexcusable. Have a small file system with the ability to have multiple saves is NOT a hard thing to add.

Edited by |Velocity|

"Real men" have the discipline not to quicksave in the first place. ;)

Amen! Never once have I used it.

But, to combat my own argument, many people do much riskier and more time-consuming things in this game than I do, and it would really suck to lose several hours of gameplay just because of a bug that wasn't your fault, but screwed you over.

Edited by tstehler1
Forgot a capital letter... #OCD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.