Your high point

Dimetime35c

Apollo Style Moon Landing, STOCK, 2-3% fuel left total, bit my nails every stage of the flight...no, i didn't calculate it beforehand, just guessing. Nothing else came close to that.

Very similar to this, except it was also my first manual moon landing (yes, I used to be a mechjeb junky, please forgive me for my sins...). Designed a minimalist 1 kerbal Apollo craft which completed the whole trip with about 100m/s spare from launch to splashdown on a very tight trajectory. Landing on fumes was probably the tensest moment I've had in the game, and performing a perfect launch to immediate lunar orbit by eyeballing it and ending up with less than a unit of fuel remaining prior to docking was just the icing on the cake :)

Edited by vidboi

there's nothing that could even come close to my first mun landing. There was nothing special about it. No mods, no mechjeb, Just the mun and a tiny little spacecraft headed for it at a decent speed. No matter how small of an acheivement it is, I for one will never forget the painstaking time I put in to master the art of landing on the mun, no matter how long ago it was, or how far i've come since then. Sure, landing on other planets is cool, but humble begginings, right?

My high point is split in two parts: I first tried a moho mission, but by the time I got there I knew I didn't have enough fuel for landing and returning, just one or the other. Well I figured I'd land since I was already there, except about midway through my fuel went out. Turns out I didn't even have enough fuel for a landing. As Orly was some 2 thousand meters from the ground at 200m/s in a depleted lander, he frantically opened the escape hatch and jumped out of the lander and fired up his spacesuit thrusters in an attempt to soften up his impact. Well this is moho, mind you, not minmus. Gravity here isn't kind. Still, by some miracle of kerbal divine intervention or perhaps from the shockwave of the exploding lander as it hit the ground below, Orly hit the ground at some 50m/s and bounced some 500m in space and came back down in an almost depleted eva suit and somehow survived. Nothing else was left. The whole lander exploded. Orly was alone in his suit in moho. No eva fuel. Not much oxygen. A grim prospect indeed. I had to rescue him of course. However, the rescue mission ended up with two more stranded in mohos orbit. The high point was devising a mission to bring all 3 together safely from moho and now Im never ever going back there.

The most complex thing that i could achieve up to this day, was landing a base near the northern pole of Duna.

It is a complex base-lander including ascension vehicle, 2 construction vehicles (which can be docked together), a kethane drill with converter system, a science probe containing all stock experiments, a mobile reactor, a floodlight, KAS containers with equipment and spare parts and 4 kerbals, housed in lander cans.

During landing 4 drogue chutes and 8 LV-909 engines assured a safe touchdown. I estimated, that only half of the fuel would be necessary to land, so the remaining fuel can be transferred to the 4 tanks of the ascension vehicle (worked as estimated).

For the return, the base is broken into 3 parts upon launch, freeing the ascension vehicle from all unnecessary weight. It comes with 2.5k of deltaV allowing a safe ascend to orbit with lots of cross range left.

lnGatZa.png

BEA5TnY.png

LoFziKV.png

s7P8Y4n.png

xAyXNXU.png

n7Cc04R.jpg

My single greatest achievement in KSP career mode since the release of the ARM patch. I know it's only a tiny asteroid but it was one hell of a fun journey! Parked 200,000 meters outside kerbin. I know... the space station looks like.. one.. giant.. rocket..lol (sorry i'm still unlocking parts :(). Also, looks a bit messy since i've been testing out KAS mod's linkage parts (an alternative to docking!). I love that mod since its release :D. The 2 small identical ships are used for towing other ships and objects to dock. Found it very easy to manage docking that way since fuel is not an issue (yes, i always have fuel problems lol).

Feel free to share your glorious moments no matter how small :)

Pretty much all my milestones feel like my "greatest achievement". :)

- Landing on the Mun. It took me so many attempts, but I finally managed to pull it off.

- Getting to Eve orbit. My first interplanetary transfer, and it worked perfectly.

- Landing on Duna. Again, it took me many tries, but eventually Jebediah was able to explore that weird place.

- Landing on Dres, and making back to Kerbin with less than 12 m/s to spare.

- A Gravity-style reentry (with DR), with only my bulky ship to serve as a heatshield, and Bob made it home safely.

- Redirecting a class-E asteroid that would have collided with Kerbin. It took almost all my fuel, but I did it.

I was able to get into a stable orbit on my second launch after buying the game. It was in Sandbox Mode, however.. And it probably helped that I've been a NASA follower for years.

I reached space on the first launch and had to make a few corrections with struts as it was a wobbling, fuel guzzling fight to space.

My first Mun landing, back in version 0.19. I deliberately did NOT watch any videos past Scott Manleys first Orbital tutorial (I didn't get why my navball said 'orbit' and yet I fell back to Kerbin....Oh, orbit is a matter of velocity, not height! I had no idea. It also ruined nearly every space movie I have ever seen....)

It took an embarrassingly large number of attempts, (I love you f-5 and f-9!) but when I finally landed without tipping or crashing I let out a major "WHOOOOHOOO!" that freaked out my wife who came flying out of the bedroom, wanting to know "what's wrong!".

It was 03:30am.....My first attempt was around 21:00 the night before. I had no idea what time it was. I planted my first flag and slept most of that cold winter Saturday away....in total contentment. It felt like a real accomplishment. I have never felt that strong of an emotion with ANY video game EVER! (I started playing video games in the original Asteroids/Space Invaders era....yeah, I am as old as dirt and fart Mun dust....)

'Splosions are the sprinkles on your ice cream sundae....Jeb :huh::cool::confused:

many things have felt really rewarding to me when i completed them, but two things stick out as extra memorable.

Perhaps it was because they were so intimidating that a lot of time passed between when i designed the craft to the point where i actually flew the mission.

my grand tour that i did back in 0.22:

http://youtu.be/q2v6a9-fuhm

and my single launch to mars in rss:

http://youtu.be/mrjpely1xzc

wow!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.