Your high point

Dimetime35c

First Mun landing was a pretty big one. I did it in the demo; made myself play that long to verify that I really wanted the game, and I bought the game within about 5 minutes of successfully splashing down on Kerbin afterward.

Rescuing Jeb, Bill, and Bob from Moho was a biggie too. I did that in a long marathon run right before 0.22 came out.

It'll sound lame and cheesy, but I gotta say eclipsing those and most anything else has got to be though the nearly 100-episode YouTube series I've done. I'm disproportionately proud of that accomplishment. It was (and is) a lot of work that has been extremely rewarding.

Greatest Stock moments

After the release of Docking bays it brought in the age of my true Space Age. In the following three days I went about making what was the first of my long line of Spindle Class orbital stations. It was uneven, had too many parts and didn't line up well... but is was built all stock, launched in 6 missions (seven including the part I sent up, decided I hated and crashed back into the atmo) and it was orbitting on a 45 degree so it was way more challenging than equitorial stations (Unfortunately it was vastly more useless too and was replaced by the Spindle 2 the next week.)

0tiZzVS.png

Hard mode achievment for my .22/.23 I decided to add the fun yet at times frustrating Remote Tech communications mod. I had that moment when I finally set my final satelite for system coverage.

The system coverage connections map

hIFvQeQ.png

The behemoth interplanetary WatchTower Satelites: 2 in Stellar Polar opposing orbits with the longest reach antennas seen here as the connection points above and below the sun

6iMsMJd.png

Favorite Whickjob Moment. While I have never built to Whackjob scales I do make some of the most complicated stations. Inspired by his goliath scale rockets I decided to try out building the biggest base I could and get it to Duna alive. After a week of design and failure I built 2.

The STOREHouse Base is a combination of Hooligan Labs Blimps, HOME from BoBCat, Kethane, KAS, and even Firespitter for propellers that honest to god made the base movable. Weighed in about 50 tonnes (over 100 tonnes after loaded up with Kethane. You can't see it but the far side has an addtional Keth tank and the large drill, making it horribly unstable in landing)

FaSXHbL.png

The Citadel was my other design. Totally balanced for ease of landing, but weighing in at 54 tonnes and sporting two fully functional carts, a full HOME modules and well over 100 parts this beast served no other purpose other than a living space for Duna missions

SYwkHwq.jpg

Next

Alacrity

Crashing 4 probes and a satellite into Eve and managing to get at least 2 of the landers to actually...well land, though with no power and severe damage they went dead on touchdown. It was suppose to be a Satellite that orbited and release 4 minor lander probes across Eve in a sort of mass probe sweep of the planet. Got intercept Wrong...burned to much fuel..time warped through Aerobrake by accident, used all RCS just to ensure Eve capture, no fuel left for Orbit correction, decided I would just let the whole thing crash in and release probes as I went in hopes they survived.

BUT I finally made it to another planet(first), I at least did 1 orbit around that planet(first) and I managed to land something that worked if only for roughly half of the Eve day(also a first). So Many firsts for me on that one :D

sending a kerbal to land at the base of Mt. Kraken then climbing to the top with a rover, which the cable snapped and killed dunfurt who was in it, then kenbart tubled down and died, so after that high point i sent another team to place a memorial flag, and they have gone on to climb the highest point on mun and minmus but died on duna when they smacked into the peak of its highest point, so i guess that counts, right?

Rescuing Jeb from the surface of Eve. I hadn't had a successful ship launch off of Eve and get something all the way back into orbit at this point in my game, then one design finally did it and Jeb was saved. After a 4 year vacation on an island, he finally returns to active duty.

My high point is probably going to be getting my Crew Taxi Space Plane to succesfully dock and restaff a space station, first though it needs to be able to come back without a flat spin. Otherwise it would be the first time I touched the moon's surface. It felt like it took me hundreds of flights to finally achieve it.

Apollo Style Moon Landing, STOCK, 2-3% fuel left total, bit my nails every stage of the flight...no, i didn't calculate it beforehand, just guessing. Nothing else came close to that.

So far, my highest point has been my manned landing on Minmus, first try. It was initially slated to be a flyby FOR SCIENCE but once orbiting the small moon I guessed I might have juuuust enough fuel to make a landing. Turns out I did, and enough to return home too! Landed on Kerbin with 4 fuel in the tank :)

Short of that, continually, and consistently managing to orbit has been a great joy.

Next - The Mun!

High points are made to be exceeded… But I remember (dimly) my first orbit. I remember my first (Mun) landing and return (heck, even the unmanned probe that preceded it was exciting). And then came…

My first docking on-orbit! I think I literally yelped when they snapped together and the POV shifted. I had put up an Agena analog, and then went through getting a small craft into orbit, figured out how to match inclination, then worked (oh lord, how I worked) on figuring out how to close the distance. But when I docked, wow, that was incredible. That one simple little lousy "station" is still my Facebook cover photo, although I've done far more since.

But going beyond that, it would have to be an Apollo-style Duna lander and interplanetary transfer stage with drop tanks. Minimal, as I had no experience with heavy lift vehicles; you had to reconfigure the hardware half a dozen times during the mission, and I sweated every bit of it. I'd done the dV calculations by hand in detail, as well as the launch windows, orbital speeds, everything. Designed the mission down to the last 100th of a ton, with very little dV margin… and it all worked, exactly as planned, the very first time.

Apollo 11 touching down could not have been more exciting to me at that moment.

It was 13.3, I sent up the Mun Crasher VII, Mission profile was to launch, and head straight to the moon and come back. At this moment in my KSP career I didn't know what the markers on the navball were so it was when I somehow got myself in a situation were I'm spiraling rather quickly to the surface of the Mun that I realized that they were. Every other mission after that was as easy as pie and in memorial to those who sacrificed there lives for the my first Mun landing in 13.3, I created a 23.3 replica of the Mun Crasher VII. Never Forget.

My highest point would be saving an EVA'd kerbal without fuel on a Minmus orbit. I had to use everything I knew about orbital maneuvers, but I got him back to Kerbin inside a command pod after a few hours of F5/F9, some Scott Manley's how to rendez-vous videos and a lot of swearing. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.