Using NASA Mission Control Software with KSP

Rich

Only a small update due to lack of free time:

* KSP data is readable from Java (this was actually a 20 minute job).

* More wrestling with Maven and Ant. Hopefully if I invest the time now in getting the project configured well it should be easier for others to extend.

Rich: you definitely have my interest.

Also, the nice thing about RSS support is that you won't need to edit/kerbalize any of the NASA assets--you can leave as-is. :)

It should mostly work out of the box with RSS, given this plugin is just throwing the game state around.

does this program allow to display ground track of satellite? (i see only current position over map in ops pic, without trajectory displayed).

I hope so, but if not, this program is highly extensible so it should be easy to include.

Small update - My development environment is now sane so now I can focus fully on programming.

• 2 weeks later...

[table=width: 100%, align: center]

[tr]

[td=width: 25%]2/5/2014 - This might not look like much, but after some wrestling KSP and MCT are now talking. The next step is to expose the data as MCT feeds so that the data can be displayed and composed using the GUI.[/td]

[td]

9EBXnL6l.png

Figure: Data flowing into the telemachus-mct plugin

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

[table=width: 100%, align: center]

[tr]

[td=width: 25%]2/5/2014 - This might not look like much, but after some wrestling KSP and MCT are now talking. The next step is to expose the data as MCT feeds so that the data can be displayed and composed using the GUI.[/td]

[td]

http://i.imgur.com/9EBXnL6l.png

Figure: Data flowing into the telemachus-mct plugin

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Once you get something going will you provide a write up on getting the dev environment set up? This looks promising.

Once you get something going will you provide a write up on getting the dev environment set up? This looks promising.

Certainly, as it is most important to allow the community to extend this project.

• 2 weeks later...
Certainly, as it is most important to allow the community to extend this project.

Are you perhaps going to throw the code up on github.com or similar ? The wiki page there could then be updated with setting up the dev' environment.

Are you perhaps going to throw the code up on github.com or similar ? The wiki page there could then be updated with setting up the dev' environment.

I will be using a similar setup to Telemachus. So yes, the code will be going on Github and the documentation on the associated project wiki. Now I just need to get off my bottom and tidy up what I have, so I can release what I have so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.