Dorsilfin Enterprise - Stock Fuel tanks - reduce lag when stacking

Guest Dorsilfin

Guest Dorsilfin

I have created double/triple/quad fuel tanks that are the same size as our stock tanks. They feature Stock CFG files, IE 2 stocks would be 1000 units of fuel, my double features 1000 units of fuel.

They are handy when making giant ships and the sheer amount of components is causing you slide show lag.

They feature a stylish carbon fiber wrapped exterior.

DFfueltanks.jpg

Parts pack DL here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32270217/DFFueltanks.rar

Just unrar to your KSP parts directory and you now have the DF Series fuel tanks.

** trying to do some texturing to make them resemble stock tanks.. Its a work in progress id say, here\'s my quick crack at it this morning **

DFtanksreskin.jpg

I have created double/triple/quad fuel tanks that are the same size as our stock tanks. They feature Stock CFG files, IE 2 stocks would be 1000 units of fuel, my double features 1000 units of fuel.

They are handy when making giant ships and the sheer amount of components is causing you slide show lag.

They feature a stylish carbon fiber wrapped exterior.

DFfueltanks.jpg

Parts pack DL here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32270217/DFFueltanks.rar

Just unrar to your KSP parts directory and you now have the DF Series fuel tanks.

In my opinion they would look better just as extended stock tanks.

Guest Dorsilfin

Yeah, Im trying to figure out how to texture them better.. I too would like them to just look like extended stock tanks, just gotta figure out how to use the stock image on my extended versions and make it look right.

Guest Dorsilfin

I like how 'wrapped in a carbon fiber exterior' is basically code for: 'I have no textures.'

No offense

Well aware it looks crappy. you don\'t make a masterpiece the first time around =)

Plus... who doesnt love carbon fiber lol

Yeah, Im trying to figure out how to texture them better.. I too would like them to just look like extended stock tanks, just gotta figure out how to use the stock image on my extended versions and make it look right.

Just a thought.. Make it look like the multiple fuel tanks, only strapped together with duct tape.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.