VTS: The Versatile Toolbox System

Nazari1382

This is a simple little container mod I started working on today. It's meant to be mod-friendly, so anyone who wants to use it for their mod and change the artwork will be able to do that easily.

Download:

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220203-vts-versatile-toolbox-system

http://www.nexusmods.com/kerbalspaceprogram/mods/3/?

Goo container for scale

ni6KpL7.png

VTS MMU

PonTmO1.png

Mounting Rack, 1.25m

sNEcNiw.png

Mounting Rack, 1.875m

5WUirwu.png

Features

- opens, includes interior surfaces & colliders

- mod-friendly, create your own art for it, make it hold anything!

- support for KAS features

- addition support parts for attachment, exta parts with the same shape

- Flags!

Is it like Flexrack?

It's not as feature heavy as flexrack, but there was a part I wanted to make for the flexrack standard when it's released, and I decided to try it now after seeing the toolbox requested.

Edited by Nazari1382

*drools a waterfall that drowns nearby cat*

Oh My God, Its Finally Been Made...

that looks suspiciously like Clara's tool box also love the look although the textures look a bit bright for me. Maybe darken the textures a small bit and if you can do so add some burn marks to make it more kerbaly...

but overall it looks amazing and i hope this will go far :cool:

The more I look at it, the weird shaded letters of VTS look out of place. Have you tried out other styles?

No, but it's easy to open up the image replace it.

Glad this will be ready for the part failure mods in dev, along with... KAStools? Hopefully?

It'll be ready for whatever people want to use it for, I'm just going to add a couple extra things first...

PonTmO1.png

Introducing the VTS MMU

Due to a recent bulk purchase of RCS thruster components from the Orbitz Aerospace junkyard, Kerbal Materials Corporation was able to mass produce a highly nimble personal monopropellant vehicle, saving precious EVA fuel and fitting the VTS dimensions.

Nice! I like the personal EVA seat. Looks fun! I'd add some sort of solar panels, or a tiny generator that would power a gyro, or some forward facing lights. Keep up the great work!

Oh, and since you don't seem to know this, FLEXracks is officially dead. So if you're up for it, you could do something similar to what nothke had in mind!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.