Project Odyssey: adventures getting home from an alternate dimension

Felbourn

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I love this series. Playing it is a dream as most mods utilized in this show have been outdated or incompatible. So I request you do one of 1.Add ,as a separate download, all the mods used and adjusted for the series. 2.Reboot Odyssey to KSP v0.90 or soon, v1.0.

Thank you.

i mean about the pack you used for making the interiors and how you make interiors like the space station shots, also, i'm not sure if kerbcam was updated for .90 or not, what could we use for shots now?

I don't use a pack for interiors. I take structure panels from LLL and add a bunch of set dressing from all kinds of different mods, and then I walk my guys around inside the sets. You can see how I do it in a video I made about my movies. Google for "fitch ksp movies" and I'll bet it's the first link.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks very much like a mission to Duna and perhaps a series ending :-(

By my guess, the ship you're looking at will take 12-15 launches to build. I also have other ships going, 2 launches each, maybe 3-5 ships. Best case scenario is 12+2*3 = 18 launches. Worst case scenario is 15+2*5= 25 launches. I don't think the end is anywhere near yet.

P.S.

When Odyssey ends, something else begins, and I have a plan already. It's a good idea IMO.

I don't use a pack for interiors. I take structure panels from LLL and add a bunch of set dressing from all kinds of different mods, and then I walk my guys around inside the sets. You can see how I do it in a video I made about my movies. Google for "fitch ksp movies" and I'll bet it's the first link.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't answer the second part, what can we use in 0.90 now for cam shots?

By my guess, the ship you're looking at will take 12-15 launches to build. I also have other ships going, 2 launches each, maybe 3-5 ships. Best case scenario is 12+2*3 = 18 launches. Worst case scenario is 15+2*5= 25 launches. I don't think the end is anywhere near yet.

P.S.

When Odyssey ends, something else begins, and I have a plan already. It's a good idea IMO.

I never knew it takes this much effort for you to make videos bob, at least till i watched first episodes of odyssey, but honestly, what ever you do, they will be epic :D

Hey Bob,

I was just watching your episode 15, Minmus traveller, and wanted to comment on what you said about some of the rocket flames, looking like balls of fire.

Those may be trying to simulate the shockwaves which can be seen in real engines. Take a look at these pictures I found online:

hqdefault.jpg

J58_AfterburnerT.jpeg

By the way bob i have a question, did you ever considered having a dual boot with ubuntu 64 beside windows and using linux 64 version of ksp? from what i heard from community it's much more stable than win 64 and will let you have the 64 version of ksp running on it. although you need to run a little script to fix some minor bug on it but it's fairly simple.

P.S.

That is awesome! I almost can't wait for more videos from you. I really enjoy watching you show, how you make everything from .cfg edit and modules to the effort you put into tiny detail, that make your whole install a sight to behold.

keep it up B-)

Not sure if this helps in any way - I haven't yet attempted to recreate your bug with the parachutes and game crashing when attempting to deploy - but going off of the github pages, you have a bug in the XOrionDockingPortXWSTANDARDDOCKINGPORT part:

59: stageOffset = -1

60: !MODULE[RealChuteModule]

61: {

Think that this should probably read as follows:

60: MODULE

62: name = RealChuteModule

ect. Again, not sure if this helps, just something I found...

Not sure if this helps in any way - I haven't yet attempted to recreate your bug with the parachutes and game crashing when attempting to deploy - but going off of the github pages, you have a bug in the XOrionDockingPortXWSTANDARDDOCKINGPORT part:

60: !MODULE[RealChuteModule]

Think that this should probably read as follows:

60: MODULE

62: name = RealChuteModule

ect. Again, not sure if this helps, just something I found...

To my knowledge, the chaka monkey pack doesn't use RealChute, so the "!MODULE[RealChuteModule]" is to make sure it works, I think. Bob could try converting it to RealChute, but it might take a while.

So I've been looking back through here, might have missed it, but did the RCS thruster sounds come from a particular mod, or did you make that yourself? I'm up to about ep. 27, so I don't know if it's currently in use, but if it still works, I'd be interested in adding it to my list.

@linuxgurugamer:

No, while the similarity to shock diamonds is cool, it's not intended. It's a byproduct of how the particle system functions. I don't recall exactly what I said in E15 but if it was about how I did not like the engine FX... well I later figured out the issues. I needed to increase my physics simulation speed and I needed to readjust the EngineFX modules.

@Jiraiyah:

No. I don't really need it, since my Odyssey install only uses 1989 MB and all my knowledge is about Windows, and all the tools I either use or build myself are for Windows.

@Deserdi Verimas:

The ReulChutes module was disabled after I tried to get it to work, but it refused. I kept all the setting in the module's block for reference. I commented out the lines that disabled the original chute modules (a few lines up from there) in order to restore the original modules.

@Ghostshark27:

It's a mod called... drum roll please... "RCS Sound"

Her bob, i asked you in the you tube comments but i think you didn't noticed it, can you post the direct link to the forum post you got that 3 mini tank part you use in middle stage (sentar) with 3 different colors on each? i think there are four of them around the engine.

thanks

Her bob, i asked you in the you tube comments but i think you didn't noticed it, can you post the direct link to the forum post you got that 3 mini tank part you use in middle stage (sentar) with 3 different colors on each? i think there are four of them around the engine.

thanks

I think you might be talking about a tank the Chaka Monkey pack took and retextured.

- - - Updated - - -

Also... new video up:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.