Project Odyssey: adventures getting home from an alternate dimension

Felbourn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob and thanks for your cool movies :) This thread is really large and I don't know if you didn't answer this question but I want to ask how did you make so cool IVA shots. I'm planning my next movie (singularity part II) and I want to add this kind of shots, I really like them :) Do I need also mod for this interior scenes? Thx a lot

• 1 month later...
Ok... so... I get lots of YouTube video comments that suggest people are still a little confused about what just happened.

If you watched episode 50 then you know this:

There were two almost identical parallel dimensions. Let's call them US and THEM. In the US dimension Bob was experimenting with transporter technology, but a containment failure caused a tear in space-time. The tear affected many parallel dimensions at the same time so THEM was affected too. Many Kerbals in both dimensions were killed. US had the original Kerbals you know like Kranz, Joseph, Bob, Jeb, Kesla, Neil, and Valentina, but Svetlana had died. In THEM everyone [i]except[/i] Svetlana died, and their space administration was being run by Sergei and Komalak. Joseph was assigned to a task force to research the anomalies but ultimately almost everyone died when Kerbin was destroyed. Kranz went back in time to warn Joseph not to make the same mistakes again that had led to their destruction.

So in the second timeline Kranz was assigned to the task force and Joseph was opposed to the program. He knew it was going to lead to their destruction due to the warning from future Kranz. The Kerbals from THEM found us and Svetlana from there crossed over to US. Once again we were not entirely successful in stopping Kerbin's destruction, but this time we discovered how to go back in time and stabilize the original experiment.

So US started over again for a second time, and this time there was no explosion. Since there was no space-time rip this means no Kerbals have died. THEM was restored back to normal and does not even know we exist. Svetlana from US never died, so she is now able to apply to the new task force that is being prepped to investigate the [u]stable[/u] space-time anomaly we have just discovered.

• 2 weeks later...

I converted all charge to watt-hours and all drain to watts. I took real world values to simulate game values, such as 250 watts per sq.m for advanced space solar panels at 1 AU, and batteries as real world charge per cu.m and kg/cu.m that were realistic.

4 hours ago, Felbourn said:

I converted all charge to watt-hours and all drain to watts. I took real world values to simulate game values, such as 250 watts per sq.m for advanced space solar panels at 1 AU, and batteries as real world charge per cu.m and kg/cu.m that were realistic.

So did you do that by editing each battery, capsule, and solar panel individually or did you add some sort of patch that applied a multiplier to each one? I would like to do something similar but I'm trying to avoid the tedium of changing tons of config files. Thanks for the reply!

Edit: To clarify: I'm talking about modifying the applicable parts as a group (Multipling their default capacity by x) when I say "patch".

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

• 1 month later...

Project Ares will be the next chapter of this story. Want to know what some of the mods will be?

It will have RSS and all the visual mods that exist, of course, to make everything pretty.

I'm pretty sure I'll be using RO and RP-0, although I will advance the research timeline up to where I have access to at least geostationary satellite capabilities before I start. I'll also probably make some personalized hacks to improve gameplay, because realistic games are awesome until it's not fun anymore. RCS power and rotational control in realism is fairly often a truly crappy experience because in REAL life who cares if spinning your craft takes 30 minutes. In a game it sucks. I'm likely to change RCS and gyro power for game-fun purposes.

I'll use several more realism mods, including USI Life Support and MKS/OKS for resource management. If 1.1 does not have telecom then I'll include RemoteTech. I might have used that in any case.

I'll use the usual "toys" mods like Infernal Robotics and Kerbal Attachment/Inventory System of course.

I'm not going to list all the "utility mods" yet, like docking alignment, crew manifest, alternate resource panels, and the 20+ other mods that improve gameplay fun, but don't actually change gameplay in a large way like the other mods I listed do. The full list will come later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.