How to know where biomes are and what sciences can be done/was done by me on them?

Hi,

I visited Mun and Minmus many times now and in order to track this, I left a flag everywhere I landed.

1) But is there a better way for tracking where I was, what biomes I visited, what science I did in each of them etc?

2) How to know where Biome boundaries are? I found SCANsat mod. Would it be the best one to help with this point?

Thanks

1. The Research Center should give you an overview of what you have done where.

Also, I have not tried it myself, but may it is what you are looking for:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75716-Science-Remaining

2. SCANsat can give you a small info window after the planet/moon has been scanned, yes.

This one does too, along with a load of other info.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54533-0-22-VOID-Vessel-Orbital-Informational-Display

Another way of keeping track of where you've been is to name your flags after the biome they're in. For instance, a Kerbal EVAs and does an EVA report. The pop-up showing the score for the report also has the biome's name written along the top. Then plant a flag and put that biome name in the flag's name. By doing this, you can tell where you've been just looking at the list of flags in the tracking center.

Thanks, this is very useful.

What would be even more useful, would be a mod, that shows not just the mod that you are currently over, but also what science needs to be done in there. Or even mark the map for unexplored biomes and sciences:)

What would be even more useful, would be a mod, that shows not just the mod that you are currently over, but also what science needs to be done in there. Or even mark the map for unexplored biomes and sciences:)

Also, Lahha made an Excel spreadsheet checklist for all the biomes and research of Kerbin and Mun. I modified it to include Minmus as well. My version is here, for a little while:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78157466/forum%20posts/Science_Checklist.xls

If you use too many of these tools, your game might just become too easy. :D I think biomes ought to require a bit of searching.

It would be great if MechJeb's "Landing Guidance" panel would show the biome when you "select target on map".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.