what the new NASA Space launch system says to other rockets

comicbstudeo

Has it flown yet? Once it flies, then you can determine if it met budget and time goals. It is a government project, after all.

No, you dont, the entire reason Constellation was cancelled was failure to meet those budget and time constraints, not launches. You're gonna need to learn a lot about how budgets and schedules work before .24 comes out or you are doomed. If I don't get to work on time, they don't wait until I get to work to say I'm late. If I spend more on a project than I'm allowed, I am automatically over-budget, not over-budget once the project is complete. So far, SLS is meeting all goals, which is very good considering its first launch is slated for 2017.

I am horrendously expensive and a black hole for NASA Budget. I do nothing to lower costs of getting into space. Damn Skylon hippy, I'm better than the SATURN V! Don't talk to me about costs!

If that is how you think, then it feels like you miss the point. Did you really just choose Skylon as your example for a cheaper launch vehicle? The Falcon 9 heavy will bring prices down to be relatively close to that of Skylon, while having 3 and a half times the LEO weight capabilities. Now, as for you complaining that the SLS does nothing to bring down launch costs, that's not the point. The SLS will be capable of launching much more than any vehicle before it, and sometimes, capabilities such as that, cost money.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.