[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

If you do actually make your own bases (new models I mean) could I request some "procedurally tapered" ones? Where the base ring itself can be tapered (like conic tanks in PP) instead of just the fairings? Preferably at least two versions: a version with the "crossbars" in the middle, and one with them at the end?

Thanks to many for all the help with the fairings. I got that all sorted now and am really enjoying all the uses for that interstage fairing, which I'd previously thought was just for filling the gap when you put a small engine on a big decoupler :).

Not sure what pics you would want, since I dunno what you want your new bases to look like :) Basically, one style like the original PF bases (crossbars are on the top edge of the base piece) but upside down (so the crossbars are on the bottom instead), and one styled like the KW bases (crossbars in the middle). The difference would be that instead of the base piece itself being cylindrical, it would be a truncated procedural cone, so the top radius of the base itself could be different than the bottom radius, with sloped walls. This being separate from the top and bottom radius used for the fairings settings.

*laughs* ok, lemme try to draw something up roughly then :)

so73wi.png

The area in blue is what the new custom base would be, with the top and bottom diameters both being procedurally changeable. Two versions, one with the supports at a) the other with the supports at B). Basically just a truncated cone for the base instead of a cylinder, with the currently existing fairings (shown in pink) attached to side nodes at the top edge. Preferably based off of the interstage adapter code, so that you have all 3 choices for attachment points.

Edited by RaccoonTOF
added image and explanation

Considering my 3.75m resize everything was kind of ready but problems with my bigger SLS and lack of free time actually prevented me from finishing it. So if blackheart doesn't release his Service Module for the Taurus in the Near Future and if I have time to fix my resize I will post it, providing there is still interest for it.

*laughs* ok, lemme try to draw something up roughly then :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/so73wi.png

The area in blue is what the new custom base would be, with the top and bottom diameters both being procedurally changeable. Two versions, one with the supports at a) the other with the supports at B). Basically just a truncated cone for the base instead of a cylinder, with the currently existing fairings (shown in pink) attached to side nodes at the top edge. Preferably based off of the interstage adapter code, so that you have all 3 choices for attachment points.

Oh, Im actually interested in doing this. I think I might have done it already but due to the pfairings functioning through clicks, it wasnt possible, let's see now.

Considering my 3.75m resize everything was kind of ready but problems with my bigger SLS and lack of free time actually prevented me from finishing it. So if blackheart doesn't release his Service Module for the Taurus in the Near Future and if I have time to fix my resize I will post it, providing there is still interest for it.

You should still do it, variety is awesome :)

This mod looks awesome! I'm having a slight issue though and hopefully someone can help me.

The following parts are not appearing in game from the mod:

Heat Shield

Clamp-o-tron with parachute

service module (fuel tank that goes just below heat shield)

pod boost protective cover

I do have FAR installed witch has ModuleManager 2.0.5 so I don't know if that could be causing and issue but they still don't appear with that removed.

Any ideas?

This mod looks awesome! I'm having a slight issue though and hopefully someone can help me.

The following parts are not appearing in game from the mod:

Heat Shield

Clamp-o-tron with parachute

service module (fuel tank that goes just below heat shield)

pod boost protective cover

I do have FAR installed witch has ModuleManager 2.0.5 so I don't know if that could be causing and issue but they still don't appear with that removed.

Any ideas?

These parts are from Sum Dum Heavy Industries. They are not a part of this mod

So, on the Taurus thread, before you released the heat shield, you posted this picture of the unfinished heat shield:

SlkGHPz.png

And it got me thinking: how about a white heatshield, with black rim? Currently, almost all heatshields in KSP are black, the exceptions being the ones on cBBp's Dragon and the LazTek Dragon. So how about making an alternative, mostly white heatshield for the Taurus? It would simply be a reskin, the model could be reused from the standard black heatshield.

Hey so I don't know if it was a KSP glitch or a glitch with the MOD but everytime I ignited the engine it did something wonky. The ship flew straight but the engine effects were strange. Here are some screen shots.

AxXGqHw.png

sCjx45H.png

Like I said the ship still flew straight but the way the flow of the exhaust is going it looks like I am making a turn. I turned on and off the gimbal and it didn't change anything. Just fyi. I love the this mod I made it all the way to Duna with the SLS. Obviously there wasn't a return trip but still kinda impressive, I suppose thats what its designed to do eventually.

osg72Cj.png

hmm this is a great mod, especially as an extension for SDHI's service module system...

especially since the first time i used this, i accidentally turned my normal orbital launcher for my SDHI into a Munar capable launcher

hmm this is a great mod, especially as an extension for SDHI's service module system...

especially since the first time i used this, i accidentally turned my normal orbital launcher for my SDHI into a Munar capable launcher

LOL. Well, if you have the extension, it should be able to take you there :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.