[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

Here is some node fix patch and rescale 2 parts for TaurusHCV https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/TaurusHCV_Rescale_Patch.cfg.zip and there is a cfg that needs edited it in ksp/gamedata/AerojetKerbodyne/Parts/TaurusExtras you will see AerojetTaurusUmbilicalMM.cfg this file needs edited, It needs to look like

@PART[TaurusHCV]
{
MODEL
{
model = RSCapsuledyne/Parts/TaurusHCV/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

MODEL
{
model = AerojetKerbodyne/Parts/ESA/UmbilicalPort
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

MODULE
{
name = FSanimateGeneric
animationName = ToggleUmbilical
startEventGUIName = Install Umbilical Port
endEventGUIName = Remove Umbilical Port
toggleActionName = Toggle Umbilical Port
customAnimationSpeed = 10
moduleID = 0
availableInEVA = false
availableInVessel = false
startDeployed = false
playAnimationOnEditorSpawn = false
}
}

Like most part mods, chances are this will need a rework of dV/TWR for its engines, a check of its nodes, and since this mod includes shrouds/fairings, they will all need appropriate heat configuration and aerodynamic features added.

Boost shrouds and SM's aero shrouds will not work (Sumghai's looking for a fix), engines need ISP and thrust adjustments. All in all, i'd wait for an update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello BlackHeart,

I made some 4m DCSS parts, mostly from your parts, since ICPS is identical to 5m DCSS.

It seems that I'm gonna release the mod pack (which is the first of mine) but new I got confused of your license.

It says CC BY-NC-ND, which doesn't allow modification on your product. Buy as I know your parts are being distributed with CMES under some modification.

So you allow the modification or not? I'll be glad if I could get an answer.

Thanks for making this awesome mod.

Hello BlackHeart,

I made some 4m DCSS parts, mostly from your parts, since ICPS is identical to 5m DCSS.

It seems that I'm gonna release the mod pack (which is the first of mine) but new I got confused of your license.

It says CC BY-NC-ND, which doesn't allow modification on your product. Buy as I know your parts are being distributed with CMES under some modification.

So you allow the modification or not? I'll be glad if I could get an answer.

Thanks for making this awesome mod.

I do not allow any kind of modification and redistribution unless I give the go ahead. People who had products derived from my mod asked for my permission before doing so. CMES especially as the products of Aerojet Kerbodyne/Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul are directly usable, modifiable and can be redistributed by YANFRET for the pack (I also make parts for him if he needs it.) The consequence of this is me or the mod itself is credited because it is used. If you want to use modified parts of my mod, you can use it if you want, I'm giving you permissions, just credit Aerojet Kerbodyne. :)

I do not allow any kind of modification and redistribution unless I give the go ahead. People who had products derived from my mod asked for my permission before doing so. CMES especially as the products of Aerojet Kerbodyne/Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul are directly usable, modifiable and can be redistributed by YANFRET for the pack (I also make parts for him if he needs it.) The consequence of this is me or the mod itself is credited because it is used. If you want to use modified parts of my mod, you can use it if you want, I'm giving you permissions, just credit Aerojet Kerbodyne. :)

Great! I'll let you know as Soon as I release it, and credit your awesome mod of course. Really thank you to permit it!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it works for both. I am using the ICPS on my current test design running in 1.0.4. If you are needing the .dds and node fix, then I would look roughly 4 posts above yours for the solution which MrCripp has most graciously given us.

A note: the tweakscale value of 1.5 doesn't really seem to cut it with the latest versions of KSP. (I presume something changed from the last time the mod was updated). A value of 1.85 seems to be close enough for kerbal work when it comes to making a service module that fits on top of 3.75m wide designs like how the SDHI service module fits on top of 2.5m wide designs.

Alright Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I downloaded the patch and this happened.

ilNkKwo.png

Any explanation?

EDIT: Just to let you know, two capsules on top.

Edit2: Also this happens with the exploration service module. If it's the first part can't select it and it always puffs smoke. And when I attach something to the top center node, the node disappears. And the decouplers don't work. Please help if you can.

7c95Lcy.png

Edited by davidy12

The first one is happening because the Taurus mod changed its folder name since Aerojet last updated, so at (wherever KSP is installed)\GameData\AerojetKerbodyne\Parts\TaurusExtras\AerojetTaurusUmbilicalMM.cfg...

Change

MODEL
{
model = R&SCapsuledyne/Parts/TaurusHCV/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

to

MODEL
{
model = RSCapsuledyne/Parts/TaurusHCV/model
scale = 1, 1, 1
}

And it should load in the Taurus model just fine.

Alright got that. But I found two more. One, the heatsheilds don't have ablator and are structural. Two, shouldn't the Service modules have more fuel?

The heatshields were made before 1.0 and thus are configured for Deadly Reentry only, so I just copy pasted SDHI's config and upped the resource amount to match the stock 3.75m heat shield like so:

MODULE
{
// pyrolysisLossFactor changed from stock value of 10000 to 15000
//
// Forum user johnsonwax explained that increasing this value allows more heat energy
// to be removed per unit of Ablator, which essentially reduces overall Ablator consumption
//
// This fits the narrative of SDHI's PICA-X heat shield material being more durable than
// whatever fictional material is used in stock
//
// NB johnsonwax noted that 20000 would make for a *very* durable heat shield, but
// we agreed that this was probably too overpowered
name = ModuleAblator
ablativeResource = Ablator
lossExp = -6000
lossConst = 1
pyrolysisLossFactor = 900
reentryConductivity = 0.01
ablationTempThresh = 500

}
RESOURCE
{
name = Ablator
amount = 1800
maxAmount = 1800
}

I have absolutely no idea how actually balanced this is, so you might want to readjust it on your end.

And the service modules should be scaling up in terms of fuel capacity when you scale them up to 3.75m size if you have Tweakscale installed. If they're not, you might want to install the latest version rather than the outdated one provided in the pack.

• 3 weeks later...

To everyone waiting for KSLO and Aerojet Kerbodyne to be updated:

I heard from Blackheart612 yesterday. He had this to say:

Whew, firstly I'm typing with on screen keyboard, only got my laptop here which has a broken keyboard. We've been moving stuff to our new house just back on our lot.

Second, left my internet in this house so need to go back and forth to use it.

Third, my isp claimed they were upgrading recently, it's really slow. These are why I couldn't make responses, hopefully everything will work out soon, I WILL surely update it. If you want to you could quote me to tell those waiting for the update.

Sorry for this and I hope I get the chance soon. Things have been rough with my modding career. :(

And I'm not able to play GTA and most online games as well.

Here's to hoping it sends.

So, an official update will happen Soonâ„¢, we all just got to be patient.

• 2 months later...

Hello Blackheart! Just a bump looking to see if you are still on the forums? I miss your parts, patches are ehhh but looking for the stuff you were working on. IRL is more important of course just curious if you were going to come back.

rz1sn.gif

Edited by sp1989

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm still on the forums, but won't lie I haven't quite played KSP for some time, I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue modding, we could say I'm in a slump. Pretty sure I'll continue when I got motivation again. I couldn't push myself from making these things with my current state as I believe it would degrade the quality. :)

P.S. I was kidding. I'm waiting for SDHI to update.

Edited by blackheart612

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2015 at 7:05 PM, davidy12 said:

Alright Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I downloaded the patch and this happened.

ilNkKwo.png

Any explanation?

EDIT: Just to let you know, two capsules on top.

Edit2: Also this happens with the exploration service module. If it's the first part can't select it and it always puffs smoke. And when I attach something to the top center node, the node disappears. And the decouplers don't work. Please help if you can.

7c95Lcy.png

This might be happening because of 2 reasons.

1.You are in 1.0 the mod has not been updated for 1.0 so problems can happen.

2.It might happen because you have tweakable everthing installed  Thread for the problem.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.