[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have no idea how RO works but I thanks to @NathanKell for the catch. In any case, I said on my other thread (KSLO) that I was done with work and got reports left to do. Although it seems 1.1 will be rolling soon? But then SDHI might be broken again. I was thinking of updating this when 1.1 comes out if it's soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...

1.1 Update! (Untested)

Whew, alright. There we go, one mod down. I trimmed a plug-in down thanks to the node placement config on KSP 1.0 might have a hard time attaching very close nodes but you just have to drag them a little bit. They will give up on being unable to attach soon enough haha

8 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

1.1 Update! (Untested)

Whew, alright. There we go, one mod down. I trimmed a plug-in down thanks to the node placement config on KSP 1.0 might have a hard time attaching very close nodes but you just have to drag them a little bit. They will give up on being unable to attach soon enough haha

OMG finally! I love this mod and I am in tears right now! I will test the sh*t out of it tomorrow ^.^

47 minutes ago, Hallebumba said:

OMG finally! I love this mod and I am in tears right now! I will test the sh*t out of it tomorrow ^.^

I'm sorry, I was busy working, I just came back playing KSP recently. I'm glad you waited the mod out. I hope you enjoy. Also, just ask here if you have issues, I'll fix them as soon as I can :)

11 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

1.1 Update! (Untested)

Yay!  I really like this mod.  Glad to see it revitalized.

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

@blackheart612: Good to see this mod back :D

How about next you make and EUS/EDS for the pack. 

That was actually planned waaay back then, check out Chaka Monkey Exploration, they might have something for you. We collaborated back then (still do!) in making the SLS for that modpack. I could still make it though, I'm still getting my excitement for ksp back as I was really busy back then and modding instantly probably won't help because I'll end up opening KSP just to test my mods which gets kinda boring in the long run. I'm still playing for now :wink:

It seems each time I'm absent an even longer time than before haha Last time I was active in the forums was roughly late March/ early April of 2015 and in this year I also played almost no KSP. Studying (and working part time since 08/2015) together with playing other games just took a tight grip on my life and scarce free time, so nothing was left over for KSP. But with release of KSP 1.1, I thought it was time to start checking in to the KSP forums more often now and maybe even starting playing some KSP from time to time. Have been reading some stuff over the last few days, but this is my first comment since 2015, so Yaaay :D And what thread could be more fitting than one my most favorite mods back in the day (Don't worry even now it is still one of my favorites). I will try to take the Aerojet Kerbodyne Module out for a quick orbital stroll around Kerbin at least once in the next few days. If so I will make somie pictures. Well to come to an end now, I really hope this time I will be active a bit more then well one year XD Keep on rocking...ehm I mean...modding, Blackheart! :D

P.S. Nice you already made an 1.1 Update 

Thanks million, @blackheart612, I love this mod, it makes my KSP complete :D 

A few findings with the 3.0 version for KSP 1.1:

• In the VAB, after right clicking a Kerbodyne part, the context menu is broken (opens an infinite amount of menus, saying "New text here")
  • When staging the interstage fairing, it explodes (seems like the decouple force is way too high, maybe?)
  • Sometimes (or even, often) the engines do not apply any thrust, even though they consume LFO
  • Sometimes I can't steer the craft, even though anything else seems to work (maybe same problem as above, cannot apply any force at all?)

I don't have time to test any further now (it's 1 o'clock in the morning here, RL calls), but I hope it helps :)

Cheers!

7 hours ago, randm said:

Thanks million, @blackheart612, I love this mod, it makes my KSP complete :D 

A few findings with the 3.0 version for KSP 1.1:

• In the VAB, after right clicking a Kerbodyne part, the context menu is broken (opens an infinite amount of menus, saying "New text here")
  • When staging the interstage fairing, it explodes (seems like the decouple force is way too high, maybe?)
  • Sometimes (or even, often) the engines do not apply any thrust, even though they consume LFO
  • Sometimes I can't steer the craft, even though anything else seems to work (maybe same problem as above, cannot apply any force at all?)

I don't have time to test any further now (it's 1 o'clock in the morning here, RL calls), but I hope it helps :)

Cheers!

Thanks for testing! Although will you be able to specify the parts with the issues to narrow down the problems? What Kerbodyne part, is it everything? Same as the engines but I think this has something to do with Smokescreen (and ModuleManager to make it work) if you have everything there, which you probably have, I packaged everything, it's probably a problem in my config (it's really old, might need some rechecking which I will do).

Good to see you back too @DasBananenbrot! And thank you for your never ending patronage for my mod :D

Edited by blackheart612

2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Whoa! Awesome. I actually kinda plan to change my effects to copy RP type of FX but I'll use this instead once I change FX. This is because I am a terrible config guy ;.;

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Whoa! Awesome. I actually kinda plan to change my effects to copy RP type of FX but I'll use this instead once I change FX. This is because I am a terrible config guy ;.;

You're very welcome. I really want a EUS however. I think that would be the next step for it. You could borrow the models from CMES to make it more Stockalike.

16 hours ago, davidy12 said:

You're very welcome. I really want a EUS however. I think that would be the next step for it. You could borrow the models from CMES to make it more Stockalike.

Well, it's a totally different mod. I could definitely make an EUS and I plan to if I am well disciplined enough not to play. I am very excited to mod KSP but on a stump in updating my other mod. I'm planning on making changes on it at the moment.

Alright, I realized using RealPlume would make the mod even more dependent so I added the FX myself. Also fixed some stuff for the 1.1 Update. I tested it and a lot of stuff were broken so there we go.

Some screenies although my graphics are bad because this is test version of KSP:

ZMXOIRa.png

upQByfG.png

On 4/26/2016 at 7:13 PM, blackheart612 said:

Thanks for testing! Although will you be able to specify the parts with the issues to narrow down the problems? What Kerbodyne part, is it everything? Same as the engines but I think this has something to do with Smokescreen (and ModuleManager to make it work) if you have everything there, which you probably have, I packaged everything, it's probably a problem in my config (it's really old, might need some rechecking which I will do).

Good to see you back too @DasBananenbrot! And thank you for your never ending patronage for my mod :D

Can confirm the Kerbodyne parts breaking the Context menu. I first noticed it on the ICPS parts, in particular, as I just unlocked those in career and wanted to try and use them for a deep space tug stage... By leaving the VAB/SPH, you can get the menus back, but right clicking on a Kerbodyne part will break it again.

EDIT: THis was with the first update to 1.1 compatibility. Will try with the newest version.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.