[1.1.2+] Kerbal NRAP - MOVED

stupid_chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2015 at 5:50 AM, Tabris said:

i'm getting a weird problem when using the weights.

in the VAB it reports the mass correctly but on going to the launch pad the NRAP weight resets to 10t.

Logs & Screenshots

I am seeing this behavior.  Too bad, cause I really do like the mod and it would be useful, but less so with this bug. 

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

I am seeing this behavior.  Too bad, cause I really do like the mod and it would be useful, but less so with this bug. 

That report is over 7 months old, this has been fixed. Can't help you without the necessary info.

Just now, stupid_chris said:

That report is over 7 months old, this has been fixed. Can't help you without the necessary info.

In the VAB I change the weight to 1 ton, I launch the craft and it says the weight is 1 ton on the context menu, but looking at the actual total weight of the craft as reported by KER, the weight has reset to 10 tons.   

Just now, eberkain said:

In the VAB I change the weight to 1 ton, I launch the craft and it says the weight is 1 ton on the context menu, but looking at the actual total weight of the craft as reported by KER, the weight has reset to 10 tons.   

Then KER is messed up. Try something for me: put the biggest engine you can find under the part, put it's mass to 1000t, switch infinite fuel on and lanch that. Trust me it won't go anywhere.

20 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

Then KER is messed up. Try something for me: put the biggest engine you can find under the part, put it's mass to 1000t, switch infinite fuel on and lanch that. Trust me it won't go anywhere.

pooiPDX.jpg

PXHE5jo.jpg

You have a bad interaction between multiple mods then, which isn't surprising given how many mods you have., because I can't replicate this in any way. Set up a clean install and try this again. If it still messes up, send me the logs, KSP version, mod version.

Edited by stupid_chris

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I seem to be having a strange interoperability issue between FAR and the NRAP procedural test weight mod. With FAR installed, I am unable to resize the test weight in the VAB. The slider works, but the size of the weight does not change. Removing FAR solves the issue. This is 100% reproducible using only FAR and it's dependencies and NRAP.

Tested on KSP 1.1 x64 with the following mods:

FAR Version 0.15.6.1
MFI Version 1.1.3.0
MM Version 2.6.22
NRAP Version 1.5.1

The logs don't seem to have anything relevant, but included just in case

KSP Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdsutw0x2x16fp3/KSP.log?dl=0
Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yeq38tabp4bnw88/output_log.txt?dl=0

Has anyone seen this before? If any additional information from me would be useful please let me know and I'll grab it :)

Posted on both mod threads as I have no idea which is likely to be the issue.

Thanks!

Small update!

May 1st 2016
v1.5.1.1
-Recompiled to KSP 1.1.2 to prevent CompatibilityChecker exceptions
-Implemented a bunch of C# 6.0 goodies
-Added a .version file
-Converted texture to .dds

Should prevent any nullrefs in 1.1.2! Cheers

Edited by stupid_chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 10:02 PM, Chris97b said:

Has anyone seen this before?

I just installed this mod, and can't resize the mass either.  Should there be a slider or something?  I have FAR installed.

imKuo2Y.png

Edited by Fwiffo

• 3 weeks later...

weird issue with just NRAP and Squad folders installed, after you load the NRAP alone to the launchpad a shadow falls over the land:

cEOP7khl.png

Output log.

Not really a big deal since I never actually use the NRAP outside of the VAB I just happened to need a quick craft to dump out to the launchpad to check out some other stuff and picked the test weight. However I am surprised it could have this kind of effect on the gameplay environment.

Edited by Gaiiden

I'm also experiencing issues with changing sizes, and I do have FAR installed. Changing scenes (e.g. exiting VAB and immediately entering it, launching and reverting) applies the changes, and the bottom attachment node moves (but surface attachment applies to the unchanged model).

I don't really have enough time to test in proper isolation from other mods righ now, I'll try to scavenge some time tomorrow, for now just corroborating @Chris97b's observation, FWIW.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see a version of this that's just a dead weight without the electric charge or monoprop or anything.  I know it seems nitpicky, but having the electric charge messes with my delta-v readouts for some reason and I always forget to remove it, so my simulations get messed up.  plus having monoprop throws off the total mass of the part which makes it a little less useful.

I realize it would be useful to some people, so I think an extra MM script to remove the extraneous stuff that can be installed after the main mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Put NRAP into a fresh install of 1.1.2 and can confirm the issue Gaiiden reported above.

@marchingknight11 The mono prop defaults to empty - that said a quick MM patch to make this just a dead weight

@PART[kerbnraptest]
{
	-RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]{}
	-RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleCommand]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleReactionWheel]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleSAS]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleSPU]{}
	-MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive]{}
}

Copy into a text file and change the extension to .cfg - save anywhere in the GameData directory.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rawghi said:

Guys it's jsut me or NRAP is not working on 1.2/1.2.1?

I've catched some exception on the console when clicking on the Toggle button (no windows shows up), I'll post them asap

Considering how long it's been since this is updated, it's unsurprising. Sad, though, because this was a VERY useful tool for building more general use launch vehicles. I do hope someone picks it up eventually.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cov56pdearnvb5/NRAP-unofficial-for-ksp-1.2.1.zip?dl=0

This is a very poor modification of the NRAP plugin -- it should only be used until an official release updates NRAP for KSP 1.2 and above.

Source code is provided in the SOURCE directory. But I'm not sure if I packaged it in a build-able way -- if anyone attempts to build from this source and has any difficulty, please contact me (@Newnard on the KSP forums) and I'll try to correct the situation.

Change Log:
  1) It seems a method previously named Part.findAttachNode() (note the lower case f) was renamed to Part.FindAttachNode() (note the upper case F). So I changed all the references to correct for this.

2) The "show window" button wasn't doing anything, and it seemed it must have something to do with the compatibility checker code, so I lobotomized the compatibility checker to just assume everything is compatible. This is a hideous hack but I wasn't really understanding the point of the compatibility checker anyway. I'm sure the actual maintainers of this code will put it back to how it was (with some appropriate fix) in any subsequent official release.

3) I modified the version number and edited the .version file so that KSP-AVC would recognize it as working with 1.2.1

Please note that while I try to maintain a secure computing environment, and virus scanned the .dll before distributing it, any virus that hypothetically is on my system is one that got past my virus scanner anyway, so you should (as always with random internet software) scan using your own virus scanning software before use.

I only tested very briefly, but it now seems to work as well as it did before. You need to add an antenna if you want to actually launch and control a vessel with this now, I wasn't sure how to add that functionality.

Edited by Newnard
Link replaced w/permission from moderator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.