8K82K aka PROTON (OLDD in USSR) v. 0.5. (12.05.14)

DennyTX

Will it be manned and unmanned?

EDIT:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/ZOND.jpg

Tip, make the SM more like thees.

Looks like he's making the LOK. If you look at the top of the screen cap, it says lok_v01.max. Sorry buddy, I guess you're not getting your Zond :/

Additional Information: @Denny He's talking about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_7K-L1

Edited by Deltac

Looks like he's making the LOK. If you look at the top of the screen cap, it says lok_v01.max. Sorry buddy, I guess you're not getting your Zond :/

Additional Information: @Denny He's talking about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_7K-L1

ya, indeed. you are very attentive ;)

LOK is in progress, but ZOND is similar enuff and need small changes of model.

Soyuz 7K-L1 is a modified version of 7K-OK. It uses the single-parachute pod like LOK, and also has the same, thick heatshield. The PAO (service module) is the same as on 7K-OK. BO (the "orb") is deleted from the 7K-L1, and replaced with an OK spacecraft support cone, which is jettisoned before TLI burn.

Also, when making the Zond service module, read this post:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47765-Space-Factory-%28New-add-on-release%29?p=775734&viewfull=1#post775734

I did some research into RCS system of the old Soyuz, and summarized my findings there. It'd be nice if you could model all those thrusters (backup system could be disabled by an action group on launch).

Also, once you've got LOK and Zond done, the actual Soyuz 7K-OK would only require a different pod (one more chute, thinner heat shield) and another BO. The only external difference of the 7K-T are two antennae replacing the solar panels, but you'd probably want a different IVA for those versions, as they seated two crew in space suits. By that point, Progress 7K-TG would be another pod+orb, this time without an IVA, so even easier. You could have all early Soyuz versions "for the cheap". :)

Edited by Guest

Yes its ashame BobCat seems to have dropped off the radar. I was really looking forward to Home2. Other then that.. Whats this particular rockets lifting capabilities?

Agreed he has, at one stage there was mods coming out left right and centre, ISS, Soviet pack, American Pack, DEMV Rovers, Home / Home 2, now all those mods are getting well and truely behind, maybe RL caught up with him and he doesnt have the time anymore shame enjoyed his mods alot anyway we have a new proton to play with to go with the saturn V looking forward to them

It's RL. I don't know the details, but it seems it's been though on him lately. He recently released the updated Soyuz, but no bugfixes as of yet (even though it's minor stuff), and he didn't respond to my ISS-related PM. This Proton seems to work for lifting MIR modules just fine, and it'll be even better once engines (including stage 3 verniers) and a proper upper interstage are added.

.... Wasn't the third stage interstage solid? That's what I recall from seeing pictures of the Proton.

Yeah, it was. The 3rd stage in general is very WIP. It has neither the interstage, a proper engine nor the verniers. It'll all come, eventually.

Well that's just stupid.

Do you want to know why everyone is acting so (relatively) hostile towards you? It's because you are so obsessed with your damned Zond, or 7K-OK, or whatever spacecraft, that you constantly beg modders to create one, even when they say no. And as you can see, Denny is working on the Proton, which isn't complete yet, and he's also still working on the Saturn V. Isn't it obvious that he hasn't started on the Zond yet? If I were an add-on maker, I'd be thoroughly pissed off by you by now. Denny is apparently nicer than me, since he hasn't flipped out over you yet.

v. 0.5 is up.

1. Long awaited solid 2-3 stages interstage

2. actual RD-210 engine for second stage

3. actual RD-214 engine for third stage (consist from 2 parts, engine itself and rudder nozzles)

4. more fairings: early type fairing, ALMAZ type and ZOND type fairing with LES.

Wow. I really can't wait to try it out! :) But where's the link? Just to let you know, you can't upload to Spaceport anymore. Could you upload to either Mediafire or Curse?

I've got another idea. Could you add the RD-273? It'd probably be just a small, cosmetic change (the nozzle was a bit shorter, I think, and of course the writing on it was different). It's not completely necessary, but would be nice to have, as it's the only difference between Proton K and Proton M (well, some 1st stage tank length might be a bit different, but changing that is easy).

Also, is the steering engine a single, 4-nozzle part, or a 1-nozzle part meant to be attached in 4X symmetry?

He probably intended to update in on Spaceport, but IIRC, you can't upload there now. I'd rather have a Mediafire link, or even Curse one. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to a working download link. :)

OK, feedback time. :)

First of all, great job on Zond and Almaz fairings. I have a few complaints about engines, though.

1. They all seem to be extended too far out of their housings. Only the nozzle should be visible. This is an easy fix, just move the nodes up.

4173405.jpg?441

2. The RD-0214 was much bigger than you made it. The turbopump machinery might be the right size, but the nozzle is not. It's a vacuum engine, it should have a big ol' bell.

6580129_orig.jpg?445

Here is the engine (under protective cowling) mounted on the stage. You can see that it's so big that the verniers are mounted on the 3rd stage's rim (where the small, white bubbles are on yours). Also, the vernier enigne should be a 1-nozzle part attached with symmetry. That would enable gimbal control plugins to use it for roll control. Oh, and you can see the 3rd stage bottom is not flat, but somewhat rounded. You might consider making this as well.

3. The "old" Proton shroud is done a bit incorrectly. In this graphics you can see that only the upper part is the actual fairing. The lower, narrow part is really Block D housing, which is single-part, much like on N1.

Proton%20Evolution.jpg

Now, I don't know how much of the Block D you did for the N1 project, but it'd be nice to have the shroud work properly. Block D should also be included in this pack once you finish it, it was very similar on both Proton and N1.

4. Zond fairings have some great detail, but a lot of it is nonfunctional. TBH, it's a bit sad to see all those LES separation engines, grid fins and such to be nonfunctional. This is not really a huge priority, but I think it'd be nice to have the LES as 2 or even 3-stage structure. Alternatively, give each of those engine sets a differently-named thrust transform, and add a ModuleEngines to each of them. You could get them all to work that way, but it might be a bit confusing. Your call. Oh, and it seems it looked a bit different than you made it. Yours looks much more like N1 escape tower, now that I look at it.

protlu_3big.jpg

Also, if that's not too hard to do, it'd be nice to have a MIR core/late Salyut shroud.

ProtonssZvezda-Proton.jpg

I though you meant that by "Almaz shroud", but turns out it's a bit different.

Edited by Guest

OK, feedback time. :)

First of all, great job on Zond and Almaz fairings. I have a few complaints about engines, though.

1. They all seem to be extended too far out of their housings. Only the nozzle should be visible. This is an easy fix, just move the nodes up.

http://www.spaceflight101.com/uploads/6/4/0/6/6406961/4173405.jpg?441

2. The RD-0214 was much bigger than you made it. The turbopump machinery might be the right size, but the nozzle is not. It's a vacuum engine, it should have a big ol' bell.

http://www.spaceflight101.com/uploads/6/4/0/6/6406961/6580129_orig.jpg?445

Here is the engine (under protective cowling) mounted on the stage. You can see that it's so big that the verniers are mounted on the 3rd stage's rim (where the small, white bubbles are on yours). Also, the vernier enigne should be a 1-nozzle part attached with symmetry. That would enable gimbal control plugins to use it for roll control. Oh, and you can see the 3rd stage bottom is not flat, but somewhat rounded. You might consider making this as well.

3. The "old" Proton shroud is done a bit incorrectly. In this graphics you can see that only the upper part is the actual fairing. The lower, narrow part is really Block D housing, which is single-part, much like on N1.

http://www.ilslaunch.com/sites/default/files/Proton%20Evolution.jpg

Now, I don't know how much of the Block D you did for the N1 project, but it'd be nice to have the shroud work properly. Block D should also be included in this pack once you finish it, it was very similar on both Proton and N1.

4. Zond fairings have some great detail, but a lot of it is nonfunctional. TBH, it's a bit sad to see all those LES separation engines, grid fins and such to be nonfunctional. This is not really a huge priority, but I think it'd be nice to have the LES as 2 or even 3-stage structure. Alternatively, give each of those engine sets a differently-named thrust transform, and add a ModuleEngines to each of them. You could get them all to work that way, but it might be a bit confusing. Your call. Oh, and it seems it looked a bit different than you made it. Yours looks much more like N1 escape tower, now that I look at it.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/East_Europe_2/Proton/Gallery/protlu_3big.jpg

Also, if that's not too hard to do, it'd be nice to have a MIR core/late Salyut shroud.

http://www.npointercos.jp/images/ProtonssZvezda-Proton.jpg

I though you meant that by "Almaz shroud", but turns out it's a bit different.

wow. great feedback and help. i'll try to solve anything i can.

1. yup. i know about engines, but i like mashinery to be visible. okay, i'll rebuild a model soon.

2. hmm. i have used following pic as a ref

f5RwSki.png

according to it rudder nozzles are not too far from main bell. but a pic is good, i never seen third stage from this side and i'll think about.

3. Yes. seems 'old shroud' gotta be rebuid too. Here is N-1 block D

o5Jt7VC.pngyblWFIp.png

4. Indeed. Just a deco details. because i dont know how to play animation on event or when decouple in stock. i know mods adding animation while engines ignite, but after LEM hardly depends of RPM folks says they dont want dependencies from other mods.

LES SRB are from SOYUZ shroud.

HKDiUud.png

N-1_L3 LES is much more simple now.

LxioteV.png

Seems it all gotta be changed too... if i'll gather enuff mana ;)

There is MIR type shroud on your pic. and I did following

pe3fhtV.jpg

i have a lot of different models in 80-90 %% condition. can't realise because i'm very bad and slow painter. my textures are poor and i do not like it myself

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.