8K82K aka PROTON (OLDD in USSR) v. 0.5. (12.05.14)

DennyTX

4. Indeed. Just a deco details. because i dont know how to play animation on event or when decouple in stock. i know mods adding animation while engines ignite, but after LEM hardly depends of RPM folks says they dont want dependencies from other mods.

LES SRB are from SOYUZ shroud.

You don't need to play animation on engine activation. BobCat's shroud has animation separate from the engine, and it's activated by "abort" action group. You don't need mods for that, and it works well enough. Even though it's not strictly necessary to deploy the grid fins in such a set up, most people would do this anyway, for added realism. You don't need plugins for multistage LES, either, and separation motors really help with a clean, smooth tower jettison. While high-altitude abort thrusters are less necessary, separation motors are a must on a heavy, strong LES like on Proton or N1.

I suggest the following setup for LES: The upper part with separation motors, and the lower part with two sets of 4 thrust transforms. For each of those sets, a separate ModuleEngines, one high thrust, high altitude (bigger nozzles), and the other lower thrust, optimized for lower altitude. Both would have the same fuel pool. That would allow precise replication of the actual abort using action groups. And for people for who this is too complex? They could stage the LES and fire everything (hope their Kerbals don't mind Gs). :)

Also, for Block D, consider this:

SNC16397.JPG

It's an RCS/ullage thruster module that can be jettisoned following the engine's final activation. It's used to ullaging the tanks and attitude control during coast periods.

Oh, and is that the Soyuz rocket I see? :) Remember to split the shroud just below the grid fins. The upper part of the shroud, and the LES, should be all attached to Soyuz OM, and the lower shroud pieces to upper ones. That's the only way to simulate it's actual abort procedure. Dunno if Zond fairings are similarly split (and if they are, I don't know where).

Edited by Guest

i have a lot of different models in 80-90 %% condition. can't realise because i'm very bad and slow painter. my textures are poor and i do not like it myself

You did really good at texturing the Saturn V and Proton. I myself like it.

Yeah, and don't worry about your texturing. :) I really like it, TBH. The textures could a little bit more "consolidated" (for better performance and ease of further refining), but that's about it.

4. Indeed. Just a deco details. because i dont know how to play animation on event or when decouple in stock. i know mods adding animation while engines ignite, but after LEM hardly depends of RPM folks says they dont want dependencies from other mods.

LES SRB are from SOYUZ shroud.

http://i.imgur.com/HKDiUud.png

Wait, why is there a Soyuz launch stage.... Are you hiding something?

Wait, why is there a Soyuz launch stage.... Are you hiding something?

yup, a lot of ;)

i have a lot of different models in 80-90 %% condition. can't realise because i'm very bad and slow painter. my textures are poor and i do not like it myself

it is easy for me to modeling, but hard to texturing

took her for a testride ...

Model is looking very good so far. complaints only about the engines overheating, engine power/fuel consumption and size of the thirdengine nozzle.

wait ... N1 released? god damn i need sleep you and are releasing more awesome stuff? :D

Just saw the N1, great work, posted some feedback (not as many pictures, sadly, they're very hard to find. I'll post some later when I have them). Looking forward to further updates.

hey Denny, thanks to your glorious Proton Modell, i got some inspiration for designimprovments of my Stock Proton rocket. i use the Proton for an alternative soviet mün-misison. here a screenshot of teh secondstage burning with the L3-TMI complex on top inside teh fairings.

um5GNNU.jpg

Good post. Denny, remember this if you ever think you Proton isn't pretty. :) Stock replicas are fine, I guess, but for me, they just don't cut it.

Fregate booster

Excellent. WANT! Fregat is the perfect booster unit for shunting station modules around when building with no Shuttle capability :)

Oh, and I dunno if y ou looked at it but I have 2 issues with the fairings. Firstly at distant camera views in-game the inside texture clips through to the outside. Second the torque on trhe ejection force is way too high and they spin around and smack my payload, or get stuck on it.

Edited by MDBenson

With regard to some removed posts, please restrict the discussion in this thread to the mod in question, and if you see someone who is not doing that, simply hit the report button on the post rather than replying to it.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.