8K82K aka PROTON (OLDD in USSR) v. 0.5. (12.05.14)

DennyTX

Looks nice, but shouldn't it have thermal blankets like the Soyuz? They should probably be green, because it's an early model of the Soyuz. You could perhaps make them as a seprate model (autoshroud) and have them jettison before reentry (when the SM jettisons).

BTW, that texture is great. :) Don't say you can't make textures, it's awesome.

Where did you get that from? More likely, he simply didn't hear of the fact. :) It's not very well known that Soyuz and all derivatives have the blankets, since they are shed on reentry and are missing from every museum exhibit I've seen. As such, they can only be seen on in-orbit pics, meaning the only solid source for pre-3rd generation Soyuz are the ASTP pics.

soyuzor3.jpg

You can see the green thermal blankets. From what I know, they were like that on all the others, including the Zond. Even the unmanned version would have them to keep the electronics warm.

i think about 98% of ZOND is ready. attempted to add something like blankets. (lines between blankets), no good pics availale.

can't find a pic with ZOND parashute and ZOND engines

also, where it has RCS? only 4 unidirectional on bottom?

KFldAIQ.png

XcDmKZp.png

Edited by DennyTX

It was identical to Soyuz parachute. So was the RCS configuration, mind you, it was based on the old Soyuz.

I once posted a detailed rundown of the old Soyuz RCS system: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47765-Space-Factory-%28New-add-on-release%29?p=775734&viewfull=1#post775734

That looks like the same hear shield from the Apollo CM is it just shrunk down to fit? I don't care about it being the same but I always wondered about the choice to make the heat shield look used. I guess it makes sense after Reentry but before it clashes with the detail and beauty of the rest of the model. Beautiful work though I can't get over the detail.

That looks like the same hear shield from the Apollo CM is it just shrunk down to fit? I don't care about it being the same but I always wondered about the choice to make the heat shield look used. I guess it makes sense after Reentry but before it clashes with the detail and beauty of the rest of the model. Beautiful work though I can't get over the detail.

the answer is simple. i'm bad painter and this is only one good pic of heatshield i have...

Zond used Block D, not Fregat SB, so make sure it fits together with that one, too. :) Otherwise, great work. The only complaint I have is that the thermal blankets don't cover the decoupler, and they should. Take a look at the Soyuz ASTP pic, the truss cage is not visible. You might need to remake the decoupler for that. Oh, and the umbilical connecting SM and DM is jettisonable. Make sure it can do that, too.

Also, did you know that the Zond, like all Soyuz capsules, has landing rockets? They're mounted under the heatshield, in the bottom of the command pod. They would need a plugin to properly run, but you can just leave them manually activated, I think. :)

Zond used Block D ...... :)

well, here it is with block D. About decoupler. I know about SOYUZ, but seems like ZOND has some differencies from it. About umbilical - sure i know too. but moduleJettison brings me a lot on ass pain. Landing rockets presents too, but this added one more dependencies from another mod. Not a big problem when items were made for me only (mostly ;) ), but i heard people dont like dependencies, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.