8K82K aka PROTON (OLDD in USSR) v. 0.5. (12.05.14)

DennyTX

Would you consider doing the Luna 17 Lander with or without Lunakhod would make a nice addition to what you have done already

hehe, already done ;) first pass, in low quality, but i will rebuild it for more realistic, as more other models. And there are a couple unmanned soviet probes has been done.

but as always the story is following:

one day i typed in one of the forum's topic - there are following outgo of time in my modding timeline: 25% - 3D modeliing, 50% - texturing, 5% -unity, 20% - CFG writing and ingame initial testing. well, i like gametesting and 3D, and may model fast enough, but i do not like texturing work and very bad painter and spend a lot of time to it. And i dunno when i can start LUNA-17-LUNOKHOD texturing.

here are something (soviet only)

(sputnik-1, sputnik-3, luna-2, luna-9, luna-13, luna-17 (lunkhod + stage), venera-3, venera-9 (orbital stage and lander)

bold - are finished models, other - still in progress

0ercy9J.png

Edited by DennyTX

HOLY CRAP check those models out, all your models are textured perfectly so i dont know what your talking about being a bad painter. With the advent of contracts coming the use of unmanned probes is going to be required so if you could get a few of those soviet probes over the finish line that would be awesome. I use your proton a lot by the way its by far my favorite rocket at the moment

Edited by Virtualgenius

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my config for OLDD's "Proton-K" for use with RSS+RO+RealFuels+FAR.

All stats adjusted for real-like payload delivering capability (i.e. 20 tonn Mir modules to 350 km orbit).

When using MechJeb, set the appropriate "ascent guidance" values:

altitude 350 km, turn start 1 km, turn end 150 km, turn shape 70%

Feel free to modify, enhance, and to thank author for his work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.