Stand Alone Map View - Multi monitor KSP [1.4.x][Plugin]

Unit327

Checked it with both 32 and 64 bit. I also have the curious problem that my mouse buttons switch after leaving the main KSP window, so maybe it's related to that. I'll let you know

Edit: currently running 32 bit without improvement. When I focus on a vessel, the client changes to its position and even displays MechJeb screens correctly. However, it doesnt seem to process any input at all since neither keyboard nor mouse seems to have any response :/

Edited by IskaNL

I can't seem to be able to set it lol, installed the server data on the computer and the client data on the other computer. They will never sync at all, I've tried using the local ip's and the hostnames too.

Could someone tell me what I'm missing? A quickstart guide for the Lan view would be quite handy in the op post

Edited by Hydrazine_Soup

Checked it with both 32 and 64 bit. I also have the curious problem that my mouse buttons switch after leaving the main KSP window, so maybe it's related to that. I'll let you know

Edit: currently running 32 bit without improvement. When I focus on a vessel, the client changes to its position and even displays MechJeb screens correctly. However, it doesnt seem to process any input at all since neither keyboard nor mouse seems to have any response :/

Hmm, I'm not sure what is going on. If you disable the mod (delete the samv_server and samv_client folders from game data) and open two instances of ksp, can you interact with both?

I can't seem to be able to set it lol, installed the server data on the computer and the client data on the imac I have to the left, run the game on both but they will never sync at all, I've tried using the local ip's and the hostnames too.

Could someone tell me what I'm missing? A quickstart guide for the Lan view would be quite handy in the op post

Quick guide to LAN setup:

1. Copy your ksp directory to the other machine.
  2. Put the samv_server folder in GameData on one of them.
  3. Put the samv_client folder in GameData on the other.
  4. Start ksp on the server. On the main menu, click the samv button and enter the ip address of the client. Leave the port settings alone.
  5. Start ksp on the client. On the main menu, click the samv button and enter the ip address of the server. Leave the port setting alone.
  6. Start the game on the server.
  7. The client should sync up. Once it does, click "start map view"

If that doesn't work, then it could be firewall or connectivity issues, or a bug I don't know about. Post your KSP logs from both the client and server and I'll take a look.

Unit327 said:

Quick guide to LAN setup:

1. Copy your ksp directory to the other machine.
  2. Put the samv_server folder in GameData on one of them.
  3. Put the samv_client folder in GameData on the other.
  4. Start ksp on the server. On the main menu, click the samv button and enter the ip address of the client. Leave the port settings alone.
  5. Start ksp on the client. On the main menu, click the samv button and enter the ip address of the server. Leave the port setting alone.
  6. Start the game on the server.
  7. The client should sync up. Once it does, click "start map view"

If that doesn't work, then it could be firewall or connectivity issues, or a bug I don't know about. Post your KSP logs from both the client and server and I'll take a look.

Oh nevermind, I just got it working was my fault, didn't know that to start the map view I had to actually be on a vesell.

Thanks!

Edited by Hydrazine_Soup

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated. For some reason when I start up both instances of KSP they both work up until the point that the map view window tries to load a vessel. I get this error: "vessel was not loaded because it had the following parts missing" and then lists every part on the ship. I'm running stock KSP so I am not sure what the issue is.

I'm not sure why you'd be getting that on stock, but sounds possibly like copying the game directory failed somehow and the stock parts are missing from the client install. Try deleting the whole client game folder and copying it again. If that doesn't work, post the game logs and I'll take a look.

• 1 month later...

I just tried using this with the beta. Everything launches and sync correctly, but when I launch a ship, the map mode starts showing a different craft (actually some debris in orbit), and I can't get it to switch over to the craft I'm controlling. Anyone else have this same problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That would be awesome!

Sorry for the late reply but I have been overseas for a while. I'll help where I can with answering any questions. I'll pm you my email address, and depending on your time zone, irc / xmpp.

Would it be possible to use this mod to play KSP from separate views of the one ship? As in, having 2 people playing the game from a different monitor, controlling different parts of the mission such as a Landing Pilot and a command module pilot?

I am hoping to simulate an Apollo Mission with two of my friends, and need to be able to control the same ship from different views.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey !

I would like to try it but it never sync...

I always have "waiting for server sync"

I'm on a windows 8 64-bits

I have ksp on steam. My client and my server are in C:/Programs Files/Steam/steamApps/common/, and the client is named Kerbal Space Program - Copie

I have stand alone map viw settings on each ksp, but i don't know why it doesn't work... i tried to put localhost, 127.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2, 192.168.1.12... it disabled my firewall, but nothing, can someone help me please ? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just released v0.15

Download [URL="https://github.com/DanielKinsman/stand-alone-map-view/releases/download/v0.15/release.tar.gz"]tar.gz[/URL] or [URL="https://github.com/DanielKinsman/stand-alone-map-view/releases/download/v0.15/release.zip"]zip[/URL]

[LIST]
[*]Updated for KSP 1.0.5
[*]More logging for tcp connection issues
[/LIST]

[quote name='Unit327']Just released v0.15

Download [URL="https://github.com/DanielKinsman/stand-alone-map-view/releases/download/v0.15/release.tar.gz"]tar.gz[/URL] or [URL="https://github.com/DanielKinsman/stand-alone-map-view/releases/download/v0.15/release.zip"]zip[/URL]

[LIST]
[*]Updated for KSP 1.0.5
[*]More logging for tcp connection issues
[/LIST][/QUOTE]
STILL UPDATING?!
Gonna download as soon as I gei the control of my computer

On 27/11/2015 2:36:14, Zekario said:

Does this only work on the same computer? Could someone else with KSP connect to someone else with this mod?

It works on two different computers as well. Theoretically it should work across the internet as long as you forward the correct ports on your router, but I haven't tested that yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.